British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Philippines (https://britishexpats.com/forum/philippines-155/)
-   -   ACR  (Alien Certificate of Registration) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/philippines-155/acr-%C2%A0-alien-certificate-registration-870288/)

hcmcman Jan 8th 2016 7:52 am

ACR  (Alien Certificate of Registration)

Hi guys, back in Perth now Solent me know if you are struggling to get things I will be back in March April so will start gathering things to bring back.

On a different matter I have been informed I need an ARC to open a bank account any one know how Igbo about getting one of these ???

Cheers

Tony

P.S. Have to give a big shout out to the Philadelphia or philli sports bar GREAT food sooo nice and a reasonable price.

Stokkevn Jan 8th 2016 12:38 pm

re: ACR  (Alien Certificate of Registration)

Originally Posted by hcmcman (Post 11831473)
Hi guys, back in Perth now Solent me know if you are struggling to get things I will be back in March April so will start gathering things to bring back.

On a different matter I have been informed I need an ARC to open a bank account any one know how Igbo about getting one of these ???

Cheers

Tony

P.S. Have to give a big shout out to the Philadelphia or philli sports bar GREAT food sooo nice and a reasonable price.

When I worked in Perth ANZ had branches in Philippines so before you leave Perth open an ANZ Philippines account. If not I think BPI now has branches in Oz so you should be able to open this from Perth.

Philosophical 11 Jan 8th 2016 1:27 pm

ARC? Do you not mean ACR (Alien Certificate of Registration). This is what people on a tourist visa requires to open an account here in the Philippines. You get an ACR on your second extension of 59 days.

HTH

Pete M

hcmcman Jan 8th 2016 11:35 pm

Thanks Pete and yes I did mean ACR sorry put that down to age and dyslexia hahaha
Problem is we we still living in Oz and commuting back and forth

Tony

Gazza-d Jan 9th 2016 6:18 am

Not all branches of bank enforce this, try a few you may get lucky. You say we, assuming your partner is a filipina there's nothing stopping her opening a joint account. You won't need an ACR for that.

quiltman Jan 9th 2016 8:57 am

We opened a BPI peso account here before we even left UK. BPI London sorted it. so if BPI do have branch in Oz, go talk to them. I Cannot find an Oz branch on the website - they say use Commonwealth Bank for deposits. As gazza-d says if your partner is Filipina just get her to open an account.

Philosophical 11 Jan 9th 2016 12:11 pm

As previously said, I for one opened a BPI account on arrival in the Philippines. For me, it was a case of knowing a "friend of a friend".

Regards

Pete M