British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Philippines (https://britishexpats.com/forum/philippines-155/)
-   -   AC suppliers in Mactan (https://britishexpats.com/forum/philippines-155/ac-suppliers-mactan-880834/)

ianinmalaysia Jul 23rd 2016 4:07 am

AC suppliers in Mactan

Many thanks for the replies to my builders in Mactan thread.

I'm also looking for AC suppliers...anyone can recommend suppliers in Mactan? I have looked at Cebu appliances and Mr Aircon but hope to find a supplier closer to my house which is in Buyoung area (near J park).

Thanks

mikemike Jul 23rd 2016 10:21 am

Re: AC suppliers in Mactan

Ian

delivery charges are often very small

SM appliance center are selling window inverters 1hp for 23,300 about 11,000 pesos discount. Same item in S&R at about 700 pesos cheaper, will cover the annual subscription!! 1.5hp was just under 27,000 pesos in S&R. Brand is American home

I got mine today the EER shows it operating at 2.61 pesos per hour. Bearing in mind we live in Meralco area, the most expensive for KWH, I suspect your running costs with veco will be 1800 pesos a month for 24/7.

It is running now, I think!!, its very cool and noise is barely audible I have set it at 27c on low fan, room size is close to 28sqm. I have a small fan running to push the cool air around the room

tropicofcancer Jul 23rd 2016 11:55 am

All the places will have someone they know who will do the delivery. It varies, depending on several factors, but P500 is the highest we have paid. Gaisano Mandaue and SM Consolacion or NRA sell air con units.

quiltman Jul 23rd 2016 1:35 pm

Most large stores can arrange delivery. At SM Consolacion for example, you can just go next door to Cebu Home Hardware and get one of the multicab guys there - it costs us 200 pesos. Last time i bought a small fridge, the guy from SM went himself to get a driver for me! If you buy from SM appliance, they have their own delivery truck - you may have to wait a day or so to fit in but they have always delivered when they said.

David Mashael Jul 23rd 2016 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by mikemike (Post 12010025)
Ian

delivery charges are often very small

SM appliance center are selling window inverters 1hp for 23,300 about 11,000 pesos discount. Same item in S&R at about 700 pesos cheaper, will cover the annual subscription!! 1.5hp was just under 27,000 pesos in S&R. Brand is American home

I got mine today the EER shows it operating at 2.61 pesos per hour. Bearing in mind we live in Meralco area, the most expensive for KWH, I suspect your running costs with veco will be 1800 pesos a month for 24/7.

It is running now, I think!!, its very cool and noise is barely audible I have set it at 27c on low fan, room size is close to 28sqm. I have a small fan running to push the cool air around the room

Hi Mike

I'm interested to read your experience running 1.5HP in your 28sqm room. Carrier and most other brands that I checked recommended 2HP for that size room. Are you sure you mean window inverter type not split inverter type.

Cheers,

mikemike Jul 24th 2016 12:57 am

david

As I type I x can confirm that it is a 1hp unit cooling this room, I know i bought it yesterday and last night had to have a sheet cover. Last night was warm and muggy here so set temp at 25c with medium fan speed. Having a small stand fan pushing the cold air around the room is the most effective way of ensuring room cooling.

Compared to our old window air con this new one is so quite my wife had to check to see if she had turned it off this morning as she was not sure as noise was so quiet when running she was just not sure if it was on or off!!

David Mashael Jul 24th 2016 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by mikemike (Post 12010432)
david

As I type I x can confirm that it is a 1hp unit cooling this room, I know i bought it yesterday and last night had to have a sheet cover. Last night was warm and muggy here so set temp at 25c with medium fan speed. Having a small stand fan pushing the cold air around the room is the most effective way of ensuring room cooling.

Compared to our old window air con this new one is so quite my wife had to check to see if she had turned it off this morning as she was not sure as noise was so quiet when running she was just not sure if it was on or off!!

Thanks Mike, I will re-think the Aircon sizes I am planning to install in my house. Looks like I can go down in capacity.
David

mikemike Jul 25th 2016 6:03 am

last night set the temp at 27c with low fan setting

was far colder than the first night,why? because this time i did not forget to close the small window in my wife's changing area.....doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like 1hp inverter has the nutz for larger floor areas, Especially when you consider how much of the area is taken up with furniture etc. floor tiles actually cold to the touch!! as opposed to cooler