Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

3 month trip Lake Taal area

3 month trip Lake Taal area

Old Jul 11th 2013, 6:53 am
Just Joined

pwebster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 3 month trip Lake Taal area

Hi, we are planning a 3 month trip starting in January next year and I am thinking the best place to look for a house would be maybe the Tagatay, Talisay or Taal City area. I would appreciate any thoughts on this, I have been to the Philippines for diving holidays many times but a 3 month stay in an area I am not that familiar with is a new adventure! Any advice on finding a house would be useful, it may be too early to start looking but if you know any good rental agencies? there seems to be a very mixed bag on the internet to say the least.
Thanks,
Paul.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 month trip Lake Taal area

try ayos ditto

Have u been to taal before? up in the clouds is better than lake shore, not as polluted or full of traffic. Plus cooler up on top no need for air con etc just good fans. Better shops and places to eat and drink etc
Old Jul 25th 2013, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikemike
try ayos ditto

Have u been to taal before? up in the clouds is better than lake shore, not as polluted or full of traffic. Plus cooler up on top no need for air con etc just good fans. Better shops and places to eat and drink etc
Hi Mike, by 'up in the clouds', do you mean on the ridge which seems to me to be Tagaytay City? I was thinking that would be a good idea because of the lower temperature but I was also reading that the traffic up there was very heavy, particularly at the weekends which would make moving about difficult. I have booked the first 3 nights at the Summit Ridge hotel but we would need to choose a location and find a house pretty quickly as we don't want to paying those rates for very long! I have been to Mindoro several times on diving trips but I don't know the Taal area at all, PG of course is not polluted and has hardly any private traffic so I guess I may notice a difference..
Old Jul 25th 2013, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Yes a huge difference between PG and Taal upper or lower

Infrastructure is better on upper Taal than lower so the traffic is easier even if more of it.

Have u tried www. Ayos dito, better than sullit but as always never part with cash until you are sure you have what you want. As it is short term you may be expected to pay 100% i advance plus a security deposit of one month. Do not let them ask for more than that if they do walk away as you will never get it back
Old Jul 26th 2013, 11:32 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice, Mike, it all depends on luck and timing really regarding the availability of house rentals but you confirmed what I was thinking about trying to do it in advance and deposits etc, so that is good to have reinforced.
As a change of subject, do you know anything about the golf courses up there?
I have seen them on the interweb obviously but any inside information would be welcome.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

I am sorry I know nothing about Golf at all except we kept the ryder cup)
Old Aug 1st 2013, 6:14 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

I am a big fan of Airbnb.

https://www.airbnb.co.nz/s/Taal-Lake...ire+home%2Fapt

Hope that helps!
Old Aug 16th 2013, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

theroyalcart is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you open in staying in the resorts? Club Balai isabel is good!