Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

10 Reasons To Retire in The Philippines

10 Reasons To Retire in The Philippines

Old Oct 25th 2012, 8:03 am
Just Joined

meeshelldee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 10 Reasons To Retire in The Philippines

If you read the post it was actually written by a filipinA or on closer inspection a filipinO!
its not.. its written by my boss who happens to be a british as well... Well its all up to you.. I'm actually not forcing anyone to believe it.. all i can say is.. see for yourself here in cebu..
Old Nov 27th 2012, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

DaveInGensan is an unknown quantity at this point

I traveled around Philippines and although I chose Gensan because the cost of living is lower, I would have to say Cebu is probably the most foreigner-friendly city I visited. You are right to provide this kind of info here.
To Nonthaburi; Yes you are negative. If you don't like the place, leave. Philippines is awesome and the food is great. There are lots of local food restaurants, so I am guessing you don't get out much. Like anything else, some are good and some not so... but generally, filipino food is fresh healthy and delicious!
Old Mar 27th 2013, 12:03 pm
diy
Just Joined

diy is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont believe any off you live in the philippines, cause you fallen for the typical pinoy spin, and if you dont like the place leav e is the sort of childish answers you always get here.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

DaveInGensan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by diy
i dont believe any off you live in the philippines, cause you fallen for the typical pinoy spin, and if you dont like the place leav e is the sort of childish answers you always get here.
Come visit in Gensan sometime
Old Mar 28th 2013, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

piero is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by diy
do you know how many people i upset and yes they do live in the Philippines but guess what we can have different views , its OK. most of us do live here and get by OK you ask the people that live here and ask them, answer good or bad at least you know.................Me sometimes i find it hard rest of the time i,m ok i got a good woman not some bar slut
Old Mar 28th 2013, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

oh and my lady can tell me more or less the whole history of the Philippines from Risal etc and how the Tagalog language started also how she used to have a Spanish surname and why she lost it and why she likes Matt Monroe
childish answers well yes that happens. but i and others don't bullshit
Old Mar 28th 2013, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by diy
diy this is around the time the mods kick my arse because of my language really what is your problem. tell us . My friend lives in Cavite also Tacloban and Angeles so why you so angry. 1 member was going to kick me............ do you see me angry i think not
Old Mar 29th 2013, 12:22 am
diy
Just Joined

if you know your history, then you know the british introduced english to the philippines, you must improve yours. Nothing wrong with bar sluts they add and contribute to the philippine economy by bringing in valuable foreign currency from tourist. Faggots are english meat balls and gay means happy, jolly etc. you must practise more english. if you ever go to england visit brighton on a bank holiday and introduce yourself to the guys on the scooters. Now go back and do your homework you have school in the morning morning.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 1:19 am
diy
Just Joined

heres 10 reasons not to
exchange rate is bad for the pound
the government doesnt have control of the country
security is bad and terrorist and kidnapping is rife, not just in the south,npa in the north is as bad just not publicised. crimes against foreigners are high.
transportation is bad, airlines are band from europe, land transport is dangerous.check embassy website
the country is racsist, if your white especially, you cannot by land, own a gun, you cannot start business without pinoy partners. you are not seen as a human being only as dollars. if you buy a condo it has a life span of 50 years then they have to pull it down, why do you think its the only property you can buy. etc
the poor beg and the rich want you to invest, all are scams
the pinoy pride themself for hospitality and service, but in reality its a front, if you ever have to go to governent offices, meralco, water district etc theres no smiles, your problem isnt solved. theres no answers and you will get moved from one line to the next.
water and electric is unreliable, blackouts , water cut of for days without notice.
if you build a house, its likely you either get a piggery, squatters or other eyesore built next door without permits.
you meet people like piero
i can go on all day
save your money, you will have a better time in if you retire in thailand or malaysia.
cambodia and vetnam is progressing also faster than here. all these places have better things to see and do.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

googly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by diy
heres 10 reasons not to
security is bad and terrorist and kidnapping is rife, not just in the south,npa in the north is as bad just not publicised. crimes against foreigners are high.
transportation is bad, airlines are band from europe, land transport is dangerous.check embassy website
the country is racsist, if your white especially, you cannot by land, own a gun, you cannot start business without pinoy partners. you are not seen as a human being only as dollars. if you buy a condo it has a life span of 50 years then they have to pull it down, why do you think its the only property you can buy. etc
the pinoy pride themself for hospitality and service, but in reality its a front, if you ever have to go to governent offices, meralco, water district etc theres no smiles, your problem isnt solved. theres no answers and you will get moved from one line to the next.
water and electric is unreliable, blackouts , water cut of for days without notice.
if you build a house, its likely you either get a piggery, squatters or other eyesore built next door without permits.
i can go on all day
save your money, you will have a better time in if you retire in thailand or malaysia.
cambodia and vetnam is progressing also faster than here. all these places have better things to see and do.
You might find that most of the members have pounds not dollars!
Are you actually British? I am dyslexic and my english is better than yours.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

Originally Posted by diy
heres 10 reasons not to
i can go on all day
Sounds an absolutely dreadful place. Are you describing the United Kingdom in 2013?
Old Mar 29th 2013, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoy going to the Philippines regularly, yes me and the asawa are living in the UK currently but expect to retire to the Phils. Unfortunately a lot of that is far closer to the truth than many would like to admit.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 10:19 am
diy
Just Joined

i havnt been back to england for years, so i cant comment but i agree it was starting to go down hill.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 10:29 am
diy
Just Joined

Originally Posted by googly
You might find that most of the members have pounds not dollars!
Are you actually British? I am dyslexic and my english is better than yours.
yes i am british and english, and you may have had a better education than me. main of my education was in the military, yes i live in the philippines, yes i have pinoy wife 27 years. before anyone ask
Old Mar 29th 2013, 6:55 pm
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by diy
if you know your history, then you know the british introduced english to the philippines, you must improve yours. Nothing wrong with bar sluts they add and contribute to the philippine economy by bringing in valuable foreign currency from tourist. Faggots are english meat balls and gay means happy, jolly etc. you must practise more english. if you ever go to england visit brighton on a bank holiday and introduce yourself to the guys on the scooters. Now go back and do your homework you have school in the morning morning.
Huh? I think you mean the Americans introduced English to the Philippines.
I guess you need to go back and do your homework.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.