My little update.

Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of
Default My little update.

Hi, I first posted over a year ago about my Hubs being offered a job and asking questions about the processes we had to go through.
My Hubs finally left the UK on the 2nd October 2008 to fly over here to start our new life.
I had to stay behind to try to sell our house, as you all are aware the market crashed and turned to poo!
I flew over for Xmas and it was my first taste of NZ. Hubs had rented a house and brought some furniture, (not bad actually)
Hubs and I have been together for 24 years and he has a son but we brought Cole up together and he was coming over too. We married 15 years ago.
After about 7 years of marriage we wanted to start a family, unfortunately I was told I would never have children. Or 2% chance of having them anyway. So we settled down to having my gorgeous son Cole and got on with things.
After my Xmas break in NZ I knew I wanted to come over for good but was still nervous of giving up a good job in the UK if things turned out bad over here. I have been in my job for about 14 years!
Well, all that changed when I got back to the UK after my Xmas break here and found out I was pregnant!
I now have a beautiful daughter and she has just revitalised our lives. I came out on June 16th and was 6 months pregnant at the time. Our daughter was born on the 9/9/9 also our 15th wedding anniversary and we are overjoyed.
I read this forum with great interest over the last year/2 years and have found some of the posts to be a little depressing and was always concerned about our fortunes should we take the plunge. I also know how lucky we have been in getting over here and the fact that I am still on maternity leave from my job in the UK. BUT, I still have to go home and sell my house (rented at the moment to a non payer!) So we are living on just my Hubs wage as my pay goes straight on mortgage and stuff back home, I so love my life here though and although I get lonely I still have a smile on my face. I get up at ungodly hours with my Bubs and I just don’t care. We sit on the deck in the shade with the warm breeze around us and we listen to music and the World is great.
I no longer go and buy a load of rubbish I don’t need (can’t afford it) but have become an avid fan of Trade Me and I have no regrets whatsoever.
We don’t go out for meals anymore but sitting on the deck has its own advantages. No snotty waiters trying to get the table for one! We are skint at the end of the month but life has slowed to a pace I actually like.
We live in the back of beyond and I do get lonely but I will eventually make some friends and get out a bit more. At the moment most of my time is spent staring at my daughter and marvelling that she is actually ours.
I am dreading going back to the UK.
I think we have found a little piece of heaven and we can just sit back and enjoy. At home I would have a lot more support, admittedly, but am happy the kind of lifestyle you can find here is so much better than anything we could have in the UK.
Finally I just think New Zealand ROCKS!

Have a wonderful Xmas and New Year and be safe and happy. 2010 might be a good year but nothing will ever beat 2009. The year we got our gorgeous daughter.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 1:54 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My little update.

Wow...Congratulations!! & (((big hugs))) what an amazing year you've had lol.
Thanks for a lovely update, good luck & best wishes for Christmas & 2010
B x
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

IngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful post, someone somewhere said there must be something in the water in NZ as they also had tried for years and didn't get pregnant till they got down under. All the best to you and yours this season and in the years to come, enjoy,

Kristina
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 2:50 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

What a lovely update Many, many congrats on the new addition to your family that was so lovely to read.

With your very sunny outlook on life you will have that house sold in no time & be back in NZ where you obviously are truly happy.

Merry Christmas to you & your family and the very best of good wishes for 2010.

Brilliant post! thank you

Dewb x
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

What a lovely post - its really nice that you thought to take the time to share that with us

I hope you sell the house and manage to get on with things in NZ in a way that wont leave you skint all the time.

Merry Christmas and a very happy new year to you and your family. And all of us little people looking for a big adventure
Old Dec 24th 2009, 5:59 pm
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute

Oh how we do love ahppy ending, and especially one which includes NZ rocks for you.

Hope you sale the house in uk, keep plugging away as it will all turn out good in the end as you have soooo much to look forward to, the future is bright.

And you wont be one of those people who, say " we were going to do that !!!

Best wishes from us down south.
Old Dec 24th 2009, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely post, thank you x
Old Jan 1st 2010, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

HHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really nice

Fantastic post - thankyou for sharing and for motivating. You just described my dream!

Happy New Year to you and your family x
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 9:00 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by HHBoP
Fantastic post - thankyou for sharing and for motivating. You just described my dream!

Happy New Year to you and your family x
how lovely it sounds, not long for us, 20 days and will have left the uk on one way tickets and making the biggest plunge we have ever made between us nervous at the unknown, however, so excited to start such ab adventure. All the best for 2010 and may you have all the luck, love and hapiness you wish for.

Tina. x
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

HHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really nice

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
how lovely it sounds, not long for us, 20 days and will have left the uk on one way tickets and making the biggest plunge we have ever made between us nervous at the unknown, however, so excited to start such ab adventure. All the best for 2010 and may you have all the luck, love and hapiness you wish for.

Tina. x
Hi Tina

Crikey - how quickly has that passed. Best of luck - hope you will keep us posted on ur progress!! Now Xmas and New Year are done, have woken up raring to go. Hopefully that elusive house sale won't be too far away, then I can get on with living the dream Thank-you for the kind thoughts, and right back at ya!!

HH x
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 8:04 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Tina

Crikey - how quickly has that passed. Best of luck - hope you will keep us posted on ur progress!! Now Xmas and New Year are done, have woken up raring to go. Hopefully that elusive house sale won't be too far away, then I can get on with living the dream Thank-you for the kind thoughts, and right back at ya!!

HH x
H,

I know come round really quick once we had the thumbs up am sat at the moment going through paper work, omg never knew we had so bludy much stuff!!!!!!! I have shreaded some, but have given up the will to live,as the machine in only small so am going to sneak it in to work on thurs and do it with their big bugger of a machine, lol.

that house sale comes through very quick so you can be right behind us, will have a bottle on col for ya

Tina. x
Old Jan 4th 2010, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Hi tina

Bless u chick - make that a crate - i shall need it by then I can tell u. Have been tryin to sort stuff in the 'lull' so to speak, but each time i clear something i sodding well go and buy something else. Have this thing about replacing stuff when i split up with someone!! Worrying now that I don't have a telly - should i buy here or there, here is cheaper but am running out of room. PSS have already been out and since then i have bought stuff!!. Have been scouring nz sites for days and drivin myself nuts. Then there is the stuff in storage i haven't seen since march of last (!?) year....... Poor removals people..... then when they get here (see I am thinking positively!!) they have to be sure they pack up my stuff and not his???? Shall have to get them a pressie - oh god more shopping.....Sorry am rambling. Spoke to estate agent today, but they closed for christmas?! All my horoscopes are saying i am going to move so am taking that as good. Vamps is settling in and due to start work on the 18th - we are gonna be trainees together - bless our employers they won't know whats hit em. Wanna get excited but daren't. I will definately come over - house sale or no house sale. can't lose the job or the PR. Best of luck with the sorting!! Just remebered each piece or paper, cupboard or corner, is one less to do!! Plus if you have a glass of wine per job will seem like sooooo much more fun

xx

HH
Old Jan 4th 2010, 9:13 pm
appreciate life

Hi tina

Bless u chick - make that a crate - i shall need it by then I can tell u. Have been tryin to sort stuff in the 'lull' so to speak, but each time i clear something i sodding well go and buy something else. Have this thing about replacing stuff when i split up with someone!! Worrying now that I don't have a telly - should i buy here or there, here is cheaper but am running out of room. PSS have already been out and since then i have bought stuff!!. Have been scouring nz sites for days and drivin myself nuts. Then there is the stuff in storage i haven't seen since march of last (!?) year....... Poor removals people..... then when they get here (see I am thinking positively!!) they have to be sure they pack up my stuff and not his???? Shall have to get them a pressie - oh god more shopping.....Sorry am rambling. Spoke to estate agent today, but they closed for christmas?! All my horoscopes are saying i am going to move so am taking that as good. Vamps is settling in and due to start work on the 18th - we are gonna be trainees together - bless our employers they won't know whats hit em. Wanna get excited but daren't. I will definately come over - house sale or no house sale. can't lose the job or the PR. Best of luck with the sorting!! Just remebered each piece or paper, cupboard or corner, is one less to do!! Plus if you have a glass of wine per job will seem like sooooo much more fun

xx

HH
Haha............ Done nothing but cook today for Harri sdisco/leaving party tomorrow so cannot wait to get that outa the way, sounds awful dont it???

Thats it then, countdown is def on

We best see ya there and soon, if we are still in papamoa, dont think its too far from you so could arrange a meetup and numpythead is where your going too, aswell as many others I am sure.

Tina. x
Old Jan 5th 2010, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Hope Harry's do went well - has he started to melt in any way yet? Countdown sounds daunting yet exciting Sometimes cliches like emotional rollercoaster really do take on proper meaning. Would love to meet up. Not sure whenwill be ending up yet. Employer won't guarantee Whakatane now. It looks as if it will be either Whakatane or Rotorua, but that could change. In all honesty both are BoP, an I am no longer as worried. just wanna get there. I promose I am working on it!! Would love to see Numptyhead - I wanna meet the pugs!! Have u heard from her? Is she and family doin ok?

Cheers

HH