Where have I been?

Old May 20th 2014, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where have I been?

Some of you may say. Well at the beginning of December I went for my mammogram, which turned out clear. At the time, I mentioned a lump which after biopsy which turned out to be breast cancer. Whilst there I mentioned an old lump which was checked out in the UK which was non-invasive (it was still there!!!) but had grown another one - result double mastectomy in January, and then a further op three weeks later to re-tidy up the front and remove the auxilliary nodes on the left as the sentinol nodes had miniscule cellular invasion (surgeons words) on the bottom.

Luckily all my auxilliary nodes came back clear and I have now finished my fourth round of chemotherapy to reduce the chance % of it coming back.

All due to my hormones it seems.

It seems only 89% of cancer is picked up on a mammogram.

So you can understand why i've not been skulking around expats for a while.
got another appointment in June to start Tamoxifen for five years.

So onwards and upwards!!! Not what I expected when we came to NZ, but I will say the care and the speed from diagnosis to operation was excellent (three weeks and that included christmas and new year).

On a brighter note, love my job (my boss has been amazing due to my health), my husband is getting on great with his newish job and we are currently renting. Going to sell out house next year, once the current tenancy ends. Hopefully then we can find somewhere we really like. The children love it here and go to a rural school just outside Upper Hutt.

I do miss some things, chocolate for one and the fact there is no fresh cream (clotted cream etc) in any shops, used to love Sainsbury's fresh cream trifles, eclairs, apple tarts etc. Other than that, financially we are much better off here than in the UK, and will be even more so once the house is sold.

I don't expect we will go back for a visit for a few more years, although we do hope to at some point. Would we ever return, well I don't think so, but that would depend on the future and where our three children end up. If they moved permanently back to the UK then I think we would seriously consider following.

At the moment, we feel this was the best decision we made and wouldn't change it.
Old May 21st 2014, 6:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where have I been?

Goodness Ellenarosemary, that's a terrible thing to have to go through and the worst of starts to your adventures here. It pales all our other little niggles into insignificance. It's good to hear that you have received the best of health care and that your work has been so supportive.

I wish you all the very best with your ongoing recovery and treatment.
Old May 21st 2014, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Goodness Ellenarosemary, that's a terrible thing to have to go through and the worst of starts to your adventures here. It pales all our other little niggles into insignificance. It's good to hear that you have received the best of health care and that your work has been so supportive.

I wish you all the very best with your ongoing recovery and treatment.
+1 and Big Hugs.
Old May 21st 2014, 9:06 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

You've been through a very scary time. Glad you found the strength to get through it.

Glad you love your job and your OH is getting along with his job.

Last edited by BEVS; May 22nd 2014 at 2:21 am. Reason: remove personal name
Old May 21st 2014, 9:36 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

What a tough time you've been having but I am so glad you've had good care

Btw, it might brighten your day to hear that clotted cream is sold in many New World stores, double cream is now sold from Lewis Creamery thro countdown (small plastic bottles - organic, delicious cream!) and if all else fails, you can get clotted cream sent up from the South Island (worth it for xmas etc). Just google it. Happy cream eating :-)
Old May 21st 2014, 9:38 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.lewisroadcreamery.co.nz/welcome

http://www.naturallyorganic.co.nz/pr...d-cream-225gm/
Old May 21st 2014, 10:57 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

wow you've been through the ringer but least you are on the other side so onwards and upwards.

Moonie makes her own clotted cream so maybe you could do that?
Old May 21st 2014, 1:00 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see you back

Glad things are working out now - what a terrible start to things - (((hugs)))
Old May 21st 2014, 3:15 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

What a horrible start to life over here but great to hear that you've had good treatment and are now on the mend

Also fantastic that your boss was so supportive.

All the best with the future xxx
Old May 21st 2014, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
What a tough time you've been having but I am so glad you've had good care

Btw, it might brighten your day to hear that clotted cream is sold in many New World stores, double cream is now sold from Lewis Creamery thro countdown (small plastic bottles - organic, delicious cream!) and if all else fails, you can get clotted cream sent up from the South Island (worth it for xmas etc). Just google it. Happy cream eating :-)
Clotted cream is very easy to make, 1ltr meadow fresh purple (gold top) milk and 500ml of cream in a bowl, very gently over boiling water simmer it for 2-3hrs, remove and place it in a fridge overnight, the next day scoop off the clotted cream and use the milk for rice puddings
Old May 21st 2014, 7:49 pm
---

Originally Posted by moonie2011
Clotted cream is very easy to make, 1ltr meadow fresh purple (gold top) milk and 500ml of cream in a bowl, very gently over boiling water simmer it for 2-3hrs, remove and place it in a fridge overnight, the next day scoop off the clotted cream and use the milk for rice puddings
But my Devonshire grandmother-in-law used to have it simmer all day; does it really only take a few hours? Does it get a proper crust? The stuff you buy here does not have a real crust, shame.
Old May 21st 2014, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
But my Devonshire grandmother-in-law used to have it simmer all day; does it really only take a few hours? Does it get a proper crust? The stuff you buy here does not have a real crust, shame.
Yep it does, have made it twice now

Sorry Elanrosemary, I seem to have hijacked your thread, sorry you've had a rough time but i'm glad your sticking it out here, hope things will start to improve for you soon x
Old May 22nd 2014, 2:20 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

It is lovely to hear from you EllenaRosemary but I am horrified and shocked you have been going through such a horrible time of it. Good to read you are now on the road to a recovery.

Always rather wonderful when people write that they feel they made the best decision for them. Especially given all the visa problems also.

Onwards and upwards then. Happy Days ahead. You deserve them.
Old May 22nd 2014, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute

Wowsers - what a journey you have been on! Tough start to life in NZ. Wishing you all the best for the future!
Old May 22nd 2014, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Ye gods & little boarlets Ellenarosemary. What an awful ordeal you've been going through. Just shows the importance of checking your breasts for lumps & other inconsistencies, as well as regular mammograms. Having my mamms grammed tomorrow!

So pleased that you are making a good recovery & that you have been well-supported by work. Best of luck with your continuing treatment.

Good to hear from you, don't be a stranger.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.