We've arrived!

Old Jan 22nd 2011, 5:54 pm
www.hyperreality.net

Shingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant future
Default We've arrived!

Hi everyone, we arrived in Christchurch on the 20th January. A few ups and downs on our journey from the UK. The morning we were heading down to Heathrow, our daughter woke me up at 5am and said her eye was hurting, she had really bad conjunctivitis. As we had left our only car at my parents house the previous night, I had to phone and wake my parents and ask them to come and pick us up so that we could get our daughter to the doctors. What a mare, her eye is still not right, even with the ointment from the doctor.

The flight from Heathrow to Tokyo was with Virgin Atlantic and was very good, BUT, our daughter felt quite sick on the flight and ended up throwing up on the plane. Nice! We reached Tokyo and booked a day room for 4 hours so that we could get some sleep before our flight to NZ, just settled down for a sleep when our daughter was ill again Started to get really worried by this point. When we got on the flight to NZ we got repeatedly questioned by the cabin crew about our daughter, we thought they were going to ask us to get off. Anyway, she managed to get a good few hours sleep not long after take off and when she woke up she was alot better, which seemed to satisfy the cabin crew that she was OK.

Finally got to Christchurch and we were met by my husbands parents and then checked into a motel for two nights. The next day we bought a car and sorted out car insurance all within 2 hours! It's taken me longer to find a pair of jeans!! Anyway, we got a really good second hand car for $8,000, a Honda Stream, it's huge, so we managed to fit in all of our luggage with space to spare. On the 22nd we set off in convoy behind my husband's parents over to Greymouth, where we arrived in glorious sunshine, awesome.

We're going to have two weeks holiday with my husbands parents and then it's heads down for some serious job hunting back in Christchurch.

Still feels like we're on holiday, very emotional when we said our goodbyes to family back in the UK, but we've already been on skype so all is good.

Will send updates soon.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: We've arrived!

Welcome & happy for you that sun has been shining - but not nearly as much as we would like. Sounds like trip was quite stressful - hope all is good now & daughter is fully recovered.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 3:24 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Happy times in NZ Hope daughter is better now and all goes well from here on in!
Old Jan 28th 2011, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

Hope the first few weeks go by smoothly and you get settled!
Old Jan 29th 2011, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to New Zealand!!
Old Jan 29th 2011, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome, come and say hello when your back in ChCh

Neil
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 1:31 am
www.hyperreality.net

Shingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant futureShingi has a brilliant future

Thanks everyone, yes our daughter is now well now and we're currently enjoying the sun on the West Coast. Will be starting job hunting next week! oh joy!!!
Old Feb 6th 2011, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

ashaide is on a distinguished road

Hi. I hope u settle in NZ

Can I just ask which route you took to get there ? as in visas
Old Feb 6th 2011, 7:21 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ashaide
Hi. I hope u settle in NZ

Can I just ask which route you took to get there ? as in visas
Perhaps read the OPs previous posts.

Welcome to NZ Shingi.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 6th 2011 at 7:24 pm.