we're off...

Old Apr 6th 2010, 5:19 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: we're off...

Originally Posted by Stoof

on another note $236 for a blinkin baby passport!!!
Mate !
Old Apr 6th 2010, 8:25 am
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
Mate !
I know!!!! bloody hell… don't want to run the risk of not having a GB passport tho, for the technicality (if we get the wrong person on the desk on the day) that they won't let us fly cos there won't be a return ticket for the little Kiwi travelling with us!! The hassle we had getting the photos done too!! Actually, even worse would be if they let us leave Akl, then wouldn't let us enter at Manchester!!!

Also, it took the clerk at the post-office nearly an hour to check it - we were enormously popular with the lunchtime queue behind, as you can imagine!
Old Apr 6th 2010, 9:48 pm
`

Also, it took the clerk at the post-office nearly an hour to check it - we were enormously popular with the lunchtime queue behind, as you can imagine!
Now, I wondered how that was going to work out with the Post Shop staff. Why did it take an hour
Old Apr 8th 2010, 7:25 am
Account Closed

Now, I wondered how that was going to work out with the Post Shop staff. Why did it take an hour
they have a series of questions they have to answer on the computer based on what it says on the form, and what you should have provided… but from what the clerk was saying the questions on the computer don't match up particularly well with whats on the forms, and if the slightest thing is missed (like she said we'd not completed a section cos we put 'no') you have to go back to the beginning and start again…. (this happened just the once, but it only takes you back to the start once you've got to the end if that makes sense!?)

from what she said the postshop raised a number of queries with the high commission or wherever, about the process before they took it on, but these still haven't been answered…

oh, and they were in no way clear about whether they had to send originals of supporting docs, or just copies certified by them… so somewhere in wellington (hopefully!!) are all our original certs (birth, marriage etc) we get it all back soon!

i was back in the postshop yesterday for something else, and queued for 20 minutes whilst someone else was getting theirs done (it looked like they'd already been there for a while too!)

am starting to get twitchy now about it not getting processed in time, though we left 9 weeks and they say on the website it'll be done in 4….
Old Apr 9th 2010, 12:54 am
`

Now. You see. That is exactly how I thought it would be.
I'm wanting to renew my UK passport but am balking at the idea of holding up the postshop queue for an hour or more whilst the staff bumble through my application.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 8:55 am
Account Closed

Now. You see. That is exactly how I thought it would be.
I'm wanting to renew my UK passport but am balking at the idea of holding up the postshop queue for an hour or more whilst the staff bumble through my application.
ah yeah, then there's the 'checklist' you have to complete for the postshop (I only noticed this at the last minute when checking the fee…) you have to print it off and complete before taking your stuff in… it mentions 'photocopies of id provided' which isn't mentioned anywhere else (that i could see…) anyway, fortunately we already had copies of passports to hand, and the clerk we got was v helpful and copied the other bits for us (though she shouldn't have)…. just another thing to be aware of!

It'll be 4 weeks on weds that we applied… hope it arrives before then and I can stop worrying!!
Old May 7th 2010, 2:11 am
Account Closed

ooo… getting proper 'cited now… this time next week, we should be 7 hours into our 40 hour (door to door) journey…..
Old May 7th 2010, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

ooo… getting proper 'cited now… this time next week, we should be 7 hours into our 40 hour (door to door) journey…..
Any second thoughts as the time gets closer?
Old May 11th 2010, 2:10 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Any second thoughts as the time gets closer?
nope! hehe

just waved goodbye to the container!! back off to the house to clean it and make sure we get our bond back!!
Old May 11th 2010, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

nope! hehe

just waved goodbye to the container!! back off to the house to clean it and make sure we get our bond back!!
just thought i'd check...
Old May 11th 2010, 4:02 am
`

You sound proper 'cited too and why not . Just in time for summer
Old May 11th 2010, 8:11 am
Account Closed

You sound proper 'cited too and why not . Just in time for summer
three more sleeps!!! (i've got the waterproofs packed )
Old May 11th 2010, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Stoof,hope all goes well. Let us know when you arrive safe and sound,won't you.

Phyl x
Old May 13th 2010, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

irish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of light

three more sleeps!!! (i've got the waterproofs packed )
Best of luck!!!
Old May 13th 2010, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Safe Journey Back Stoof
Please dont be a stranger on BE.
XX