Two years today...

Old Jul 16th 2011, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

keeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud of
Default Two years today...

...since we arrived in NZ! gosh it has passed rather quickly. We've had all the ups & downs that were expected, although we were very close to letting the lowest down point get the better of us (we had flights & container booked to go home last August/September), now we are both glad that we came to our senses in enough time to cancel the flights etc. We lost money on the flights but less than we would have 'lost' by going home & realising we had made a mistake and then trying to come back here again! I have come to realise how lucky we are to be here in NZ, and how beautiful it is (even though we still havent managed to do that much sight-seeing). Yes ok money is tight, especially now we are saving hard for our flights back to uk for a holiday, but we manage. We may not have travelled the country & got to see it in all its glory, but there will hopefully be plenty of time for that. And I have to say, as hubby is a coal miner - we are not even tempted to flit across to Australia yet, so what the money may be better, so what it may be warmer - we're happy here now!
I am excited for our trip back to UK next March, and hope we do get the feeling that it is no longer home, that NZ is home. However I am not looking forward to the flights. It was a dream flying out here with a 5 wk old baby, but going back with an over-active 2yr old is just a bit worrying!!

so anyway, happy 2 yr anniversary to the Keen's!
Old Jul 16th 2011, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Luckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Two years today...

Happy anniversary may you have many more in NZ,

Luckybird