Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

two and a half years on

two and a half years on

Old Apr 10th 2012, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default two and a half years on

Well, surprisingly we are still here in lovely NZ and despite all our woes I think we have weathered the storm! My other half had to endure 2 long trips back to Uk to get work and after deciding that being apart for months at a time wasn't for us, we made a date on when we would give up his seemingly fruitless job search and return to UK. We had my Dad stay with us for 6 weeks early this year and said if OH hadn't got a job by the time dad left we would put the house on the market. With about a week to spare he got a call out of the blue from a company I had e-mailed months ago with an offer of work!!

Its short-term contracting work but the signs are good for renewal of contract so at long last he has joined the employed!! Its a bit of a distance to travel from the Shore but at least he is earning a half decent wage and recovering his self esteem and his pleasure in being in NZ. I really thought that was it for us here and we both knew that we would not be happy going back to the UK but thought that was our only option. Had lots of tears thinking about it and the teenage daughter was devestated at the thought (although remembering the shopping did bring a glimmer of a smile to her face )

Its been a mixed couple of years but I really hope the worst is over and we can settle in and feel our future is more concrete. At long last......... Bevissa
Old Apr 10th 2012, 10:12 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: two and a half years on

hope you go from strength to strength
Old Apr 11th 2012, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevissa65
Well, surprisingly we are still here in lovely NZ and despite all our woes I think we have weathered the storm! My other half had to endure 2 long trips back to Uk to get work and after deciding that being apart for months at a time wasn't for us, we made a date on when we would give up his seemingly fruitless job search and return to UK. We had my Dad stay with us for 6 weeks early this year and said if OH hadn't got a job by the time dad left we would put the house on the market. With about a week to spare he got a call out of the blue from a company I had e-mailed months ago with an offer of work!!

Its short-term contracting work but the signs are good for renewal of contract so at long last he has joined the employed!! Its a bit of a distance to travel from the Shore but at least he is earning a half decent wage and recovering his self esteem and his pleasure in being in NZ. I really thought that was it for us here and we both knew that we would not be happy going back to the UK but thought that was our only option. Had lots of tears thinking about it and the teenage daughter was devestated at the thought (although remembering the shopping did bring a glimmer of a smile to her face )

Its been a mixed couple of years but I really hope the worst is over and we can settle in and feel our future is more concrete. At long last......... Bevissa

"Like!"
Old Apr 11th 2012, 7:04 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. I don't know you or anything about you except what you wrote, but your message made me very happy for you. I love stories about perseverance. Good luck!
Old Apr 11th 2012, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news
Old Apr 11th 2012, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold
Wink Re: two and a half years on

Well done!!!!

Keep up the good work. Hope to join you soon! (fellow norfolk dumpling!!!)

Anna
Old Apr 15th 2012, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! you have turned a corner and all will be good from now on.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 12:48 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Congratulations & I hope it all goes from strength to strength from now on.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

polly.glot will become famous soon enoughpolly.glot will become famous soon enough

Great news! (just wish Mr G could find work now......)
Old Apr 20th 2012, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

polly.glot will become famous soon enoughpolly.glot will become famous soon enough

Crumpy - also ex-Norfolk here!
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with his search Polly. Where from Norfolk are you? I'm a Norwich bird meeself!!! Bevissa
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Near Cromer!
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Small world! My stepson and his family lived there for a while but now live in Holt. Are you missing home or is this home now? Hope hubby finds work, its really hard out there at the moment as I'm sure you are finding out! Hope it doesn't take him as long as it did my OH Bevissa
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold

We live in a small village, just outside Aylsham!!! how funny is this????

Anna
Old Apr 25th 2012, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

haha, there will be no-one left in Norfolk at this rate When do you hope to be here Crumpy and where are you heading for in NZ? Bevissa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.