Short up-date

Old Oct 2nd 2010, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Toon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to all
Default Short up-date

Alreeeeeeet folks!! We're on route, and what a bloody trip this is turning into!!

Left Newcastle at 9am Friday, delayed.

From Heathrow to LA, delayed.

Sat on the plane in LA for 3 hrs on the runway while they tried to fix the bloody thing - no luck. Turffed us into a hotel at 5am Saturday morning - I think? Lost track of time!

Anyway, stuck in LA for a few days, the wife and boy look fine, they've come prepared, shorts, T shirt, sun glasses. Me - jeans n jumper n coat!!

I've left them on Manhatten beach, I'm in a boozer for the next two days!!!

Bring on the Guinness!!!

I'll tell you my container story at a later date, it's worth the wait!!
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Short up-date

Originally Posted by Toon_Nut
Alreeeeeeet folks!! We're on route, and what a bloody trip this is turning into!!

Sat on the plane in LA for 3 hrs on the runway while they tried to fix the bloody thing - no luck. Turffed us into a hotel at 5am Saturday morning - I think? Lost track of time!

Anyway, stuck in LA for a few days, the wife and boy look fine, they've come prepared, shorts, T shirt, sun glasses. Me - jeans n jumper n coat!!

Bring on the Guinness!!!

Hooray have a great journey over. Sun is shining here and it's a goregous day so I'm going to get off the internet and go enjoy it.
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 2:48 am
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

well, if there's gonna be delays may as well make it the biggest delay ever! What a load of poop!

Hope the rest of the journey is better!
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 8:27 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no! nightmare for you last leg of trip goes better.

Container story

Good luck

Dewb
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 10:20 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toon_Nut

Bring on the Guinness!!!

Oh well sure it will all be worth it, if you need an update on how the toon are doing I can keep you informed. Being a Stoke fan I like to help out when possible
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Grotty trip will make the arrival even better ai?
Good luck with the rest of the flights x
Old Oct 4th 2010, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

You must be here now! welcome to NZ mate.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

OMG you must be related to BD Clayton (member on here) - his journey is memorable as well
Old Oct 5th 2010, 9:56 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Only you
Old Oct 6th 2010, 12:39 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Are you here yet? Or still enjoying life in LA Think of it as a little holiday before the hard work begins.

Hope the rest of the journey and the move go according to plan
Good luck with the new job, When do you start?
Old Oct 6th 2010, 1:51 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh you poor things, what a start!

Hopefully the next leg will be better!
Old Oct 6th 2010, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Toon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to all

Hello again, sorry for the late replies but I've bought a Vodaphone sim card and I get no coverage what so ever at the rental we are stopping in.

Ok, you'll have to excuse any typos as I'm using my phone and my big fart fungers don't quit hit the cirrect bittons!! Lol

I'll do a proper update in the correct section once we get sorted, but for the time being this thread will do for my brief "container" episode.

Packers came on the Wednesday and wrapped my whole house in shiney brown paper, next day they returned along with the container on the back of a waggon and loaded the lot in around 4hrs.

We were left with nothing - just the clothes on our backs and five suitcases, that's it to our name for the next 3 months or so.

Anyway, we decided to call up my parents, borrow their Hoover and give the old place one final going over. We got all done by around 3:30 and headed back to my parents to get cleaned up etc, it was at this point the wife dropped the bombshell - "Do you have the kiwi $$$$'s?"

"Erm, no. You put it in a shoe box in the wardrobe, didn't you pick it up?"

"Erm, no!"

So, there's only almost £5k in a shoe box, inside another brown box along with another 50 odd boxes that all look the same winging it's way down the A1 on route to Hull that we can't get our hands on for almost 3 months!

"Ok, stay cool, no panic. The banks don't close for another hour or so, I'll rush down, get some cash out and buy some more."

Well, this all sounds simple in theory, until you realise that we had to order in our $$$$'s as it's not exactly high on the list of currencies held by travel agents in Newcastle. So, I rush to the bank and tell yhem' my story, no problem the say, how much do you need?

Can I have maybe £2000 to keep us going for a few weeks just till we get sorted - nee botha they say, enter your pin here.

Doh, wrong first time. Doh, wrong second time. Double doh, wrong third time! Card blocked and new pin being posted out to our house - WTF!!!?

I just had a complete memory blank, no idea what to do now. Banks closing in about 30 mins and we fly next morning.

We begged and borrowed as much as we could lay our hands on and went to every travel agent in Newcastle next morning to snap up every dollar we could buy.

So, here's my problem. Do I call the shipping company and let them know their driver is carrying our cash, do I call MAF or whoever in Auckland to tell them there's something hidden in a shoe box and it's no it's not a pair of muddy old trainers or do I just ride it out and hope we have a good Christmas!!??

All part of the fun eh, well that's what I keep telling myself anyway!!
Old Oct 6th 2010, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of

Jesus!
Thats more stressfull and eventful than a season of Newcastle United!

Hope you find your $$ - Dont you have to fill an itinerary for your container? if so, maybe mentioning the 5k will help as if they find it and its not on your list, they might say its not yours

Or maybe the bank where you got it from have the codes on the notes? Then you can prove its yours as they should match up

I just finished my packing now for tomorrow - so stressful, and i'm usually mr cool

Cant wait to be in NZ - this part is the most stressful, actually getting there!
Old Oct 6th 2010, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

bunnyphobia is on a distinguished road

Ye gads that sounds horrific. Money in a shoe box, sailing across the sea!

Well done on getting your hands on some more dollars though....

I'm intrigued as to what other comedy situations you've managed to get yourself in on the way out here? Hope it all goes smoothly from now on!
Old Oct 6th 2010, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

showtime247 is an unknown quantity at this point

i hope things turn out alot better for you mate, try not to worry to much just think in 3month time you will ave a lumpa to spend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.