Seven Years in

Old May 13th 2011, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seven Years in

Originally Posted by Catchafire
Hi Everyone

Just realised that we have been here over seven years now! New Zealand is well and truly home.

We arrived in 2004 in visitors visa's, complete with backpacks and about $500 to our name. Got a job, got a work permit, lived in hostels, dingy flats, freezing cold villa's and a damp two bedoom basement flat with a glorious view of the harbour in Devonport.

Got married on a beach in Fiji in Nov 2004

I hated my job, but had to stick it out for a couple of years.

2006 applied for and was awarded residency, quit my job the day after we got the blue stickers.

Time to get out of Auckland, moved to Marlborough, where I got a job in the wine industry.

Bought a 3 bed house in Dec 2006.

Pregnant! Beautiful daughter Sabrina born in Jan 2008

Pregnant again! Beautiful daughter Miranda born in Sept 2009

Went to Europe 2010, wife officially cured of homesickness and could not wait to get back to NZ

Also started my own business in 2010, providing products to the wine industry, barrels, yeast etc - great to be my own boss

2011 - Business is doing good, get to spend lots of time with family, wife has bought a horse, we are off travelling for a couple of months through Asia.

Also, started my own wine label, Eureka. Just finished the grape harvest and am officially knackered.

Even though we might not be rich. Sometimes when you are sat out on the deck with the fire going, looking at the stars and talking to Melissa my wife and best mate, sharing a nice bottle of wine, knowing that the girls are tucked up safe and warm......I feel like I am the richest man in the world.

Catchafire (aka Beachcombers)

like your story.

so Cool.

Cheers.
Old May 13th 2011, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

emmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant future

Great post - inspires me to get hubby and little one over to NZ As quick as humanly possible - hurry up immigration
Old Oct 28th 2011, 5:04 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully not breaking any rules! But we have our first wine release coming real soon!

Check out our youtube video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm28ad-0xI0

Last edited by Catchafire; Oct 28th 2011 at 5:14 am.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 9:06 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

It's all part of your wonderful updates as far as I am concerned Catchafire.

All the best and good luck to you and your family.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 10:37 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear that life's all you want it Beachcombers/Catchafire
Enjoy the trip and all the best for making the projects work.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

welshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nice

Originally Posted by j19fmm
WOW!!!!
Fantastic update thank you x
What an inspirational story :-) fantastic to hear , so nice to have a positive post on here for a change ....I was beginning to loose the faith....thanx for kick starting it again :-)
Old Nov 1st 2011, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light

Awesome update....great area of NZ to be.....good luck with the launch of your unique wines, will look out for your label
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Denise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really nice

Fantastic and inspiring
Old Dec 8th 2011, 8:10 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Hey everyone!

http://youtu.be/-dFB16M60L0

We have bottled our wines!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 8th 2011, 8:14 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Catchafire
Beth has got a great place and she makes some lovely wines.

Greenhough in Brightwater makes some of the best wine in NZ! You should check them out, I think the cellar door is open at weekends during the winter.

We are making a noble Pinot Gris and a unique style of Sauvignon Blanc this year.
and how is the noble?

I think the vid is the Sav Blanc.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 7:26 pm

Our wine has had it's first review!

http://www.wineoftheweek.com/archive...s+Ramblings%29

Have to say I am pretty stoked today!
Old Feb 28th 2012, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one! Are there any stockists in Wellington?
Old Feb 29th 2012, 12:05 am

Nope sorry. Will have a big trip later this year to get some stockist signed up.

You can always drop me a PM if you want some. It's $4 to send up to 2xbottles of wine or $9/case.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations guys
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 1:05 am

Just had our second wine review and its on Kiwi FM!

http://youtu.be/EDXeNNCr1GU

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.