One Year Update

Old Sep 13th 2010, 7:16 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light
Default One Year Update

One year on? It doesn’t seem possible.
Well here are a few of my first year’s experiences.

Never buy a European vehicle here its way to expensive to have repaired.

Work is very very hard to find. I spent the first six months climbing the walls with no prospect of any work at all and was very close to going back to the UK
We have rented a typical damp NZ house (but it does have a swimming pool and is close to work)
On arriving here my wife’s job had been changed from what she had been promised to something completely different and after a few week she gave in her notice.

So we were in NZ with me out of work and my OH had quit her job.

I lost count of the application I sent out and hardly anyone replied.

Yep I was a tough six months we are just glad we had no children with us.
Everything was far more expensive that we thought. (We had done our homework and we had been here before but were surprised by the cost of things)
So where are we now?
Well I have a job. I was very lucky and got a job with the local Council.
My OH has settled into her job and now enjoys it.
With two good wages coming in things have got much better.
We even went to Australia a few weeks ago and had a great time.
I still have my Fiat camper and have stared to fit it out I even fitted two new windows.

I cut holes in the panels and fitted the windows bought from the scrap yard (brave or what)
What experience can I share with newbies?

Well persistence pays off on the job front its hard but just keep trying.
I know it’s easy to say when you have a job but it’s the only way out here.
We enjoy being here and have a good lifestyle,

Would we go back? NO WAY
Do we regret it? NO
Would we do it again? YES
N Z is not for everyone but we enjoy it here.
We may not stay forever who knows?

Take care out there
Old Sep 13th 2010, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

IngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One Year Update

Good post, glad to see things finally going your way

Kristina
Old Sep 13th 2010, 5:43 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

glad your perseverance has paid off and you've settled in to kiwi life....good luck for the future long may your happiness continue!!
B x
Old Sep 13th 2010, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Great post, having only been here just over a month the first part sounds very familiar!!
Lets hope the rest, like yours did, falls into place
Really great to hear things have worked out for you both
Old Sep 15th 2010, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Very glad to hear things are working out at last for you. It can be very hard, my OH has returned to England for a few months work as he was so fed up with applying for any old job and not even hearing back This may lead to us returning for good Nice to hear its not always doom and gloom on the job front!! Good luck hope it continues to be good for you. Bevissa
Old Sep 16th 2010, 4:23 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bevissa65
Very glad to hear things are working out at last for you. It can be very hard, my OH has returned to England for a few months work as he was so fed up with applying for any old job and not even hearing back This may lead to us returning for good Nice to hear its not always doom and gloom on the job front!! Good luck hope it continues to be good for you. Bevissa
Thank you
you have my sympathy on the applying for jobs and hearing nothing back.
It can destroy your confidence.
We were very close to going back to the U K ourselves
Good luck to you both