One year already!

Old Jan 28th 2020, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute
Default One year already!

As the title says, just on a year!
I'll try not to ramble on as I am a bit of a rambler, it's not very interesting moving from Australia to nz, but it was big for me as 11 years ago it was with a husband and a couple of kiddos and a dog, this time I'm by myself so that's a big step for this woman who was not always this brave and bold. Maybe that comes with age 😊.

I love Christchurch and although I'm having to travel regularly back to Oz this year for study reasons, I'm retraining in nursing and maybe will buy me a home next year, and daughter 2 will join me next year.

Hard sometimes but I've come a long way in 8 years on my own. I never would have thought I would do this.

Thanks to the great members on this forum who have accepted me and my ridiculous humour on this forum over the last four years even though I'm not a British expat! Hopefully I'll actually meet some of you irl one day.

Here's to my next 50 years in nz! (Ok well not quite that much! )
Old Feb 26th 2020, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

hallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One year already!

Ah, ignore my question on the other thread - I know where you are now.

And brilliant that you are happy and excited :-)
Old Feb 27th 2020, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hallie_day
Ah, ignore my question on the other thread - I know where you are now.

And brilliant that you are happy and excited :-)
That's ok Hallie, I've answered on the other thread!

Apart from being exhausted back and forth from Oz for my course (back again 17th march) all is good.
My travelling back and forth will stop at Xmas, hopefully next year I might see some of Nz I haven't seen as yet. I've never been to the North Island, might go to Wellington in June or July as a birthday present to myself, I've always wanted to go to Wellington!

I'm not perfect though, I still have my days. But I intend to remain and retire here 😊
​​​​​

Last edited by Mishclark; Feb 27th 2020 at 12:23 am. Reason: Spelling
Old Mar 6th 2020, 10:06 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

how brave, the things you do because of circumstance, everyone is braver than they actually think.

and on your idea of coming to Wellington I'm on the look out for a house sitter late June - mid July, would save on hotel costs
Old Mar 7th 2020, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: One year already!

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
how brave, the things you do because of circumstance, everyone is braver than they actually think.

and on your idea of coming to Wellington I'm on the look out for a house sitter late June - mid July, would save on hotel costs

Aww MrsFychan you're lovely! I don't think of brave, just that I've become bolder as I have gotten older, things I never would have done, now I think why not! I don't want to sit around with life passing me by..

That's a lovely offer about Wellington, I am looking at a few days but not 100% sure yet, probably first week in July, have to wait for my semester schedule and my roster, but what a lovely offer!

I have no idea about Wellington at all, I've never been and don't know anyone at all there, but I've always wanted to go. I can let you know and inbox you closer to the time.

My birthday is mid June, this is my birthday holiday!
Old Mar 17th 2020, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrsFychan

Not sure how either of our plans will go now! I might postpone my birthday trip to Welly in August or September when everything settles down a bit, if anyone is in Welly then and would like to have a coffee let me know 😊
Old Jul 30th 2020, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

I don't know whether to laugh or cry reading my original post from six months ago, what a crazy year it has been for all of us!

Downside- never got my birthday trip to Welly, got locked in NSW instead, have nobody here but at least have my adult girls..and not in Sydney thank goodness..!

Upside- at least studies nearly finished, postponed work experience starting soon (broken toe healing just in time )and have been able to start working while waiting for that elusive Trans tasman bubble.

Never thought I'd see anything like this in my lifetime, like many of us.

Still keeping my glass half full...

Old Apr 2nd 2021, 2:27 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

im looking forward to your book........
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 2:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by this charming man
im looking forward to your book........
I've given up, all this world pandemic business has fried my brain 😂
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 7:16 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: One year already!

Originally Posted by Mishclark
Still keeping my glass half full...
This message is brought to you by the New Zealand Wine Producers Association.
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Charismatic
This message is brought to you by the New Zealand Wine Producers Association.
They've been keeping my glass more than half full in Oz since last year 🤣