My life so far

Old Jun 20th 2010, 7:54 pm
Pilottinker

pilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: My life so far

Good luck Kelly I'm new too; down in South Island. We'll get there.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

Kelly33 is on a distinguished road

Hi Pilottinker. Good luck to you too and thanks for the best wishes xx
Old Jun 25th 2010, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

kellyk is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: My life so far

Hi Kelly

My name is Kelly and im from Swansea as well! Im looking to move to NZ next year with my husband and children... 11 9 and 5... x
Old Jun 25th 2010, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Kelly. Very nice to hear from you which part of Swansea are you from? We were from Morriston.

Any questions you have please feel free to ask them. Will try and answer as many as possible. We did the move by ourselves (no agent involved) can get quite pricey.

FYI look at truck drivers as a way to get out here as they are on the long term skills shortage list and may be your way out here. Try and secure PR as you are not guaranteed to be accepted if you come on a work visa.

If you are going to use an agent double check that they are reputable and aren't going to rip you off. This happened to a friend of mine going to OZ. But it is possible to do it yourself.

We are on skype if you want to talk to us. We will tell you about our experience.
Another thing to keep in mind is to make sure that BMI readings are below 35 as it is not mentioned anywhere on the medical forms and is a big issue we faced.

Let me know about skype and I will forward our skype address to you.

Good Luck
Old Jun 25th 2010, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

By the way you need to look into your parents retirement out here as I don't think that you can retire to NZ. Or if you can retire out here you need a lot of money behind you. Something to think on.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 4:51 am
Just Joined

Hello from Swansea

Ah great Kelly thats for that! Really appreciate it! Im not on skype just yet have recently moved in with my in laws (in the sandfields area) and in the process of selling my house... which is in Manselton.

I love Swansea and the gower especially (nothing beats chips on the beach in porteyenon) but we have been burgled had 2 cars stolen from outside the house (in Manselton) and a drunk driver went the wrong way up our one way street taking out my car and 3 other cars in the street. My daughters are 11 and 9 and I cant let them play out unless I take them to another area... I know I cant wrap them up in cotton wool ...theres just too may gangs of teenagers causing trouble .... and im sure you have heard about the 20 % vat?

Ill have another look at the skills shortage list with my husband as main applicant, the agent suggested I would be best for first applicant due to work experience etc, but my role is on the roles recognised for residency but not on any shortage lists so thanks for that

and re: My Inlaws - they moved to Australia with thier children when they were young so my father in law has got Australian citizen ship and Australian passport, they have been married for 30 + years so my Mother in law should be ok as well. My mother in law came back early to sort out problems with house rental over here with my husband and unfortunatly didnt go back to get thier own citizenships. They are looking into it seperatly tho so I will make sure they get in touch with NZIS (the should be following us a few months after)

I know what you mean about people you leave behind though my best friend is pregnant with her first baby due this year and my little neice is only 3 its going to break my heart to leave them, but I have to think about whats best for my family in the long run and Swansea much as I love it is not the way forward for us xxx
Old Jun 26th 2010, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Glad I could offer some advice. If you have anything you want to discuss please feel free to email me.

We can totally relate to why you want to leave Swansea. We left for the exact same reasons
Old Jun 26th 2010, 6:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kelly33
Glad I could offer some advice. If you have anything you want to discuss please feel free to email me.

We can totally relate to why you want to leave Swansea. We left for the exact same reasons
Did you watch twin town? Sums it up, pretty, ******, city

I will miss it though as im sure you do x
Old Jun 26th 2010, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Yea I watched Twin Town. It really does sum it up doesn't it? Have brought a copy with us. Will lend it to you when you are feeling homesick.

Got to say tho we are not missing Swansea at all - except the Jacks and my best friend. But that's all I'm afraid.