Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

Just arrived in NZ.. Oamaru....

Just arrived in NZ.. Oamaru....

Old Apr 4th 2011, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold
Default Just arrived in NZ.. Oamaru....

Hello All,
Just to let you know, flights went ok.. Landed Saturday the 2nd after leaving on the 31st...

First half day at work today, all really nice/friendly guys, as expected..
The drive to work on highway 82 is just amazing... It so beats the m25 anyday..

Walked in BNZ, confirmed account and given a atm card there and then, all good, applied for the IRD (tax) number for work at the post office. Oh and bought new laptop as mine brokedown yesterday, hows my luck..

So many little things here make it such an easy place to get things done..

I have noticed again already the quality of food and takeaways are not as good as the uk, but il suffer that.. well more the variety

I may have to post up some pics of my work drive in another section when i get 5 mins..

No real jetlag.. guessing im just lucky..

The place is just how i remembered it from 3 years back.. here's to the future

Im really missing Karen and the kids tho.. They wont be out for 6 months!!.
Have a great variety of pictures in one frame to get me by... and of course Skype has been in use..

Gary..
Old Apr 4th 2011, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Mudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really nice
Default Re: Just arrived in NZ.. Oamaru....

Brave move heading out alone altho I do think it something we might have to look into, just wanted to wish you all the best and hope the time passes quickly until your all reunited
Emma
Originally Posted by Wessa
Hello All,
Just to let you know, flights went ok.. Landed Saturday the 2nd after leaving on the 31st...

First half day at work today, all really nice/friendly guys, as expected..
The drive to work on highway 82 is just amazing... It so beats the m25 anyday..

Walked in BNZ, confirmed account and given a atm card there and then, all good, applied for the IRD (tax) number for work at the post office. Oh and bought new laptop as mine brokedown yesterday, hows my luck..

So many little things here make it such an easy place to get things done..

I have noticed again already the quality of food and takeaways are not as good as the uk, but il suffer that.. well more the variety

I may have to post up some pics of my work drive in another section when i get 5 mins..

No real jetlag.. guessing im just lucky..

The place is just how i remembered it from 3 years back.. here's to the future

Im really missing Karen and the kids tho.. They wont be out for 6 months!!.
Have a great variety of pictures in one frame to get me by... and of course Skype has been in use..

Gary..
Old Apr 4th 2011, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future

Great to hear you've arrived safely! Looking forward to some pics!
Old Apr 4th 2011, 8:54 pm
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute

Really great to hear you arrived safe and sound.

I fly out in May all by myself, Darren will not be joining me for many many months

Mind the little blue fellas as you drive around

Jo x
Old Apr 4th 2011, 10:42 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Welcome to NZ Wessa.

Pictures most welcome.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gary

Pleased to hear you arrived safe and sound and are already enjoying the journey to work. Looking forward to seeing your pics when you have time. Must be snow up there near the lakes is there? Weather forcast said that there was snow down to 700 down your way!

Shirl
Old Apr 5th 2011, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shirl
Hi Gary

Pleased to hear you arrived safe and sound and are already enjoying the journey to work. Looking forward to seeing your pics when you have time. Must be snow up there near the lakes is there? Weather forcast said that there was snow down to 700 down your way!
Shirl
Yeah Shirl, snow on the peaks. Absolutely stunning. I will be taking a few pics on my way to work in the morning.. I will post them up if i can work out how to do it..

Thanks all for the replies.. Il try to find some blue penguins..best times are dawn and dusk..

Jo,Emma,.. Yeah, it is not easy leaving the family behind, ive both blabbed and filled up many times already..didn't think it would be this hard..
Had do get out here as they wanted me asap.. and time does go slow here..

Rick, Bevs.. il do my best with the pics..
Old Apr 6th 2011, 11:26 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Me and him were apart for 3 months when he flew out before me. It's not fun really is it. You always hope to start the adventure together.

Penguins.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Just a few of where i work... The Benmore Dam (Hydrodam) in Otematata, North Otago..

1. Looking down on the site.

2. Will be lifting that roof on which has been constructed on the floor..

3. Looking down from the top of Benmore Dam..

Why would you not want to work here ...
My drive to work is so stunning..
There are just to many pics to put up of my drive to work..Will do some when i get 5 mins..
Attached Thumbnails Just arrived in NZ.. Oamaru....-road-work-005.jpg   Just arrived in NZ.. Oamaru....-road-work-006.jpg   Just arrived in NZ.. Oamaru....-road-work-009.jpg  
Old Apr 8th 2011, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

craigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant future

Wessa

Keep living the dream! My wife and I have now been here in Auckland exactly a month and it's got to have been the best decision that we have made in the last 5 years. Really feel for you and the fact that you are out here within your family but if there's one piece of comfort it's the fact that once they are here you know that together you've made hopefully a great decison regards all your futures.

Pictures are great and that surely helps to ease the pain I'm sure. Couple to share with you from our month aswell. We managed to get a serviced apartment down in the Viaduct Harbour for 2 months until our stuff arrives and here's the view we have from our balcony. You'll find my wife out there 24hrs a day with a book in her hand and a glass of wine on the table. Superb.

If you ever find yourself up this way, drop me a line beforehand and we'll toast our new adventures with a few beers.

Craig
Attached Thumbnails Just arrived in NZ.. Oamaru....-img_0964.jpg   Just arrived in NZ.. Oamaru....-img_0971.jpg  
Old Apr 8th 2011, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Great pics boys, Wessa do you ever get to work on time with all the photo opportunities to look at lol. Have you managed to find somewhere to live yet?

Craig that view is great, you know your wife won't want to settle for anything less from now on don't you!!!

Great posts guys won't be long Wessa and the wife and family will soon be here, surprising how time flies, and keep Living the Dream guys!!
Old Apr 8th 2011, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Craig, yeah, its not good without them at the moment but as you say it will be great when they are here.. Your pics are great my friend.. Im up in Auckland on a meet and greet from the 18-21st.. Them beers sound good..

Shirl, i took them while at work. If i stopped on my way to work to take pics, i'd never get there there are so many picture moments. The scenary changes every 3 minutes.. Im so impressed with my drive to work, never thought it would be so nice..

Gary.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

I know what you mean this is where my husband worked at his first job in NZ

http://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-herald/18127

That is him in the picture with the orange fluro on!! He had the best office view ever imaginable. However, he started in the March and he said the scenery was great but when it snowed it snowed in Lake Tekapo! He was away all week, seems like another lifetime ago now that we were separated and living in different areas of NZ. I was up here and he was down there and I hated it. He said I wouldn't like the minus 10 deg nights down there in winter! I did spend a few weeks down with him and was glad to get back to Rangiora! He wore track pants to bed and a beanie to keep warm as his accommodation that they provided was not very well insulated! Still what don't kill you makes your stronger they say.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shirl
Still what don't kill you makes your stronger they say.
This is what Karen keeps saying..lol....

Yeah, im not looking forward to the cold days and nights.. Will still look fab tho..
Old Apr 8th 2011, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future

Awesome pics both... I can't wait until we arrive in Auckland... flights booked for the 21st July... lots to do before then though!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.