Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

I got PR - been here 22 months

I got PR - been here 22 months

Old Aug 13th 2012, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of
Default I got PR - been here 22 months

Hello all,

I came here on a Silver Fern and today i got a sticker for PR.

I have had a good time in NZ. It was hard at the start, just getting used to the Kiwi way and making mates.

And things are not so easy at the moment as my heart strings are being pulled everywhere. My mum passed away when I was in NZ this year, out the blue. So feelings of homesickness have increased.

But i am glad i have PR as i will do a stint in the UK in the future (2 years time after the next sticker) and then i can return to NZ one day. I am only 26 so plenty of time to swap and change!

When i first got here i didnt think i'd stay this long. But i like my job now and have met a great girl so they are good reasons to stay.

But i need to keep visiting the UK. Xmas will be the 3rd time to the UK this year for one reason or another. That's what keeps me going at the moment.

Obviously my mum's passing has changed so much in the last 5 months. But you live once and I'm glad i stuck it out here to get PR, so that in the future, when i hope things get better, i can continue to enjoy NZ.

Not so much enjoying NZ at the moment, but battling on auto pilot.
But that's not NZ's fault (except the time difference, distance and cost to get back to the UK)

Cheers

Dennis
Old Aug 18th 2012, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

janiejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got PR - been here 22 months

Yay! Nice to hear from you, I was wondering how you were getting on, I remember your posts from last year, about how you were finding it hard to settle. Glad to hear you're making friends.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to read about your mum, that must have been tough. I've not been homesick yet in the 2yrs we've been here, but then most of my family live abroad & my hubbies family are not so close. We miss friends though. Glad work is going well for you & you've met someone special
Old Aug 18th 2012, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute

Well done you - not easy to cope with when a parent dies unexpectedly. Good luck back in the UK.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 8:16 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to read about your mum Dennis, I know it's very tough when our loved ones are taken from us and we are so far away. But it sounds like you are forgery ahead and having a great adventure and I'm sure your mum would be very proud of that.

Congrats on your PR