British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   NZ Update (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nz-update-146/)
-   -   Back online and 5 months down the line!!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nz-update-146/back-online-5-months-down-line-673300/)

willand tina_h Jun 21st 2010 10:11 am

Back online and 5 months down the line!!!!!!

Well Hello :rofl: (god I have missed that rolling head) lol.

Everyone, sorry I aint been on, I could not remember my user name, and like a drip I only realised tonight that I can search for one of my threads and then copy and paste, duuuhhhh....

So, since last being on here, there will be so many new ones that I aint met, so firstly.. Hello and either well done, good luck or keep going!!!!

To the ones that know me, a mega hi to you all!!!!

We have been here in New Zealand for just over 5 months and have to tell you it has flown by :eek: feels like yesterday, well almost yesterday. As you all know we had a BIT of a rough start to our new life here, a quick update as dont want to repear too much, lol. Struggled to get here, as you will see in previous threads, then once here, I was ill and had to stay from work with a nasty chest infection for more than a week after my start date, then only having been here for 10 days our oldest son Josh who on his 16th birthday had to have emergency surgery at Tauranga Public Hopsital to have his appendix removed and spent not only his birthday in theatre but the next 3 days in hospital then his first week off school, which then led to him really struggling to fit in as he started late (had an awful time with him and led to him running outta school and me and hubby had no idea where he was)!! In a strange place, did not know anyone or anywhere to look, feeling guilty for puttng him under so much stress and upset........ shall I carry on as its not over yet!!!! My god your thinking???

Having been in work for less than a week, I then had to endure an almighty toothache that would not go away, and rolling around in absolute agony for 2 days found a dentist that would see me (as we had not been here no more than 2 weeks so was not registered with anyone) :eek: got seen ( who by the way I cannot praise any higher he was amazing) 2 lots of anitbiotics started the one day, by which I was ready to throw myself under a bus. Got a call at just after 8am by the dentist the next morning to check how I was doing, hello!!!!! Would never ever get that in the UK cried to her and got seen that day, which then ended up with me having to have a tooth out as had a HUGE and i mean HUGE abscess under it that was not going to go away, told by the dentist it had been there for a very long time, sitting and waiting, however, through the stress I had been under it came to a head so yes, off work again, I have to say they were so supportive, thank god

What a shit start we had to this what should have been a wonderful new start :confused: However, with the support from some of the expats that we had exchanged numbers with when we had our first meet up (thanks caroline) for arranging it! We got through and stayed strong. I have to say, what a trying time we had!!!!! All within the first few weeks of us being here! We ( meaning Will and I) stayed tight together through all of it, stayed focussed on why we wanted to be here, although the hardest thing ever was feeling lonely whilst Josh was in surgery (his first ever surgery too) and knowing that my family and friends could not just drop everything and come running to me :( I even had to stop and wait until we knew for sure they were gonna do surgery before calling the uk as did not want to worry our families too much and make them feel helpless hearing me so upset, I could cry just thinking about how hard this was for us, especially Josh, bless him.

Right......... Now for the uplift, WOW I so wish we had done this a long time ago!!!!!!! I do not regret a thing, I love my job and the people I work with, the boys are now settling in school, Josh plays footy (soccer) and Harri si playing rugby Harri however (the little one that gave us a living nightmare before leaving the UK would still return to Wales tomorrow :( however, after not a day going by for what felt like eternity this boy would not stop crying, it was heartbreaking and as a mother you cannot help but feel guilty hurt and just want to make things better, but by the same token you know or wish and hope you are doing the right thing for him :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: we now have no more tears, although still get the grunts (but I think that is a teenage boy thing) oh and him and the little girlfriend are finished, but for me now as he can move on, if you know wat I mean, and anyway young love is the hardest but normal thing eh and she was his first love and I/We took him away, so he was gonna hate us really I guess??

Will now has work, he works a 7 hr a wk job and a 17 hr wk job that ties in nicely with him still being able to take the boys to their footy and rugby training sessions (so still father son time) Josh has a scooter so independence all the way, and yes I shit myself when we first let him have it, but its the way forward here especially for the teenagers!

We have quality time with each other, even if some days the boys want to kill each other, but thats brotherly love eh?? We have been exploring a bit, not too much, however, we are off to the corromandel(dont think I have spelt it right lol) beginning of july then the week after going to taupo skiing/snowboarding whilst they are on their school holidays......... We have made some great friends since being here and hope to continue to enjoy, grow, laugh and yes cry along the way but doing it TOGETHER, sounds soppy I know,but having lived under the stresses and having no time for each other in our family unit in the UK it is true :wub:

Catch up soon and hope I aint bored any of you, as Im back :thumbsup:

Tina. xxx

mumbee2 Jun 21st 2010 11:21 am

Re: Back online and 5 months down the line!!!!!!

Hello

You are amazing, thank you for sharing your story & congratulations on still being able to smile and stay strong. Hopefully our move to New Zealand will be easy sailing if not I hope I will have the same strength that you had. Such an inspirations to those of us on the journey.

Gods Bless

Mumbee.

A heaven of stars for you!

:starsmile: :starsmile: :starsmile: :starsmile::starsmile: :starsmile: :starsmile: :starsmile: :starsmile:

Dewb09 Jun 21st 2010 1:23 pm

Awww Tina :wub: Great update, thanks for taking the time to post. So good to see you back online. What a start for you :eek: mind you with the hassle you had getting there you were never going to roll over & give up. Good for you staying strong. Hope the boys settle well & enjoy this fantastic opportunity you have created for them.

Pleased it is now starting to settle down for you and if anyone is going to make a good go of it you will :thumbsup:

Dewbxx

MnB Jun 21st 2010 5:25 pm

Hey there Tina!!! so good to see you back :lol:
OMG what a 'journey' you've all been on....but you've survived, become stronger as a family and are living your dream!!!....good on you :starsmile::starsmile:lol.
Best wishes..... long may your happiness & enjoyment continue:lol:
B x

Psychopandy Jun 21st 2010 9:09 pm

And about time too !!! excuses excuses :rofl::p

Well done to you and yours, it is soo good to hear that things are going good and you are getting everything out of life here that you wanted to - or at least its coming in the right direction x

I was (as i have mentioned) so thrilled to meet with you the other day - and i hope that in time we can be good friends x i almost feel that we are already, having lived alot of the early stresses together on here x

Two weeks to go to civilisation xx

Psycho x

RobDon Jun 22nd 2010 12:29 am

Hi Tina,
Great update and glad to see you back :thumbup:

127luton Jun 22nd 2010 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by willand tina_h (Post 8646130)
Well Hello :rofl: (god I have missed that rolling head) lol.

Everyone, sorry I aint been on, I could not remember my user name, and like a drip I only realised tonight that I can search for one of my threads and then copy and paste, duuuhhhh....

So, since last being on here, there will be so many new ones that I aint met, so firstly.. Hello and either well done, good luck or keep going!!!!

To the ones that know me, a mega hi to you all!!!!

We have been here in New Zealand for just over 5 months and have to tell you it has flown by :eek: feels like yesterday, well almost yesterday. As you all know we had a BIT of a rough start to our new life here, a quick update as dont want to repear too much, lol. Struggled to get here, as you will see in previous threads, then once here, I was ill and had to stay from work with a nasty chest infection for more than a week after my start date, then only having been here for 10 days our oldest son Josh who on his 16th birthday had to have emergency surgery at Tauranga Public Hopsital to have his appendix removed and spent not only his birthday in theatre but the next 3 days in hospital then his first week off school, which then led to him really struggling to fit in as he started late (had an awful time with him and led to him running outta school and me and hubby had no idea where he was)!! In a strange place, did not know anyone or anywhere to look, feeling guilty for puttng him under so much stress and upset........ shall I carry on as its not over yet!!!! My god your thinking???

Having been in work for less than a week, I then had to endure an almighty toothache that would not go away, and rolling around in absolute agony for 2 days found a dentist that would see me (as we had not been here no more than 2 weeks so was not registered with anyone) :eek: got seen ( who by the way I cannot praise any higher he was amazing) 2 lots of anitbiotics started the one day, by which I was ready to throw myself under a bus. Got a call at just after 8am by the dentist the next morning to check how I was doing, hello!!!!! Would never ever get that in the UK cried to her and got seen that day, which then ended up with me having to have a tooth out as had a HUGE and i mean HUGE abscess under it that was not going to go away, told by the dentist it had been there for a very long time, sitting and waiting, however, through the stress I had been under it came to a head so yes, off work again, I have to say they were so supportive, thank god

What a shit start we had to this what should have been a wonderful new start :confused: However, with the support from some of the expats that we had exchanged numbers with when we had our first meet up (thanks caroline) for arranging it! We got through and stayed strong. I have to say, what a trying time we had!!!!! All within the first few weeks of us being here! We ( meaning Will and I) stayed tight together through all of it, stayed focussed on why we wanted to be here, although the hardest thing ever was feeling lonely whilst Josh was in surgery (his first ever surgery too) and knowing that my family and friends could not just drop everything and come running to me :( I even had to stop and wait until we knew for sure they were gonna do surgery before calling the uk as did not want to worry our families too much and make them feel helpless hearing me so upset, I could cry just thinking about how hard this was for us, especially Josh, bless him.

Right......... Now for the uplift, WOW I so wish we had done this a long time ago!!!!!!! I do not regret a thing, I love my job and the people I work with, the boys are now settling in school, Josh plays footy (soccer) and Harri si playing rugby Harri however (the little one that gave us a living nightmare before leaving the UK would still return to Wales tomorrow :( however, after not a day going by for what felt like eternity this boy would not stop crying, it was heartbreaking and as a mother you cannot help but feel guilty hurt and just want to make things better, but by the same token you know or wish and hope you are doing the right thing for him :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: we now have no more tears, although still get the grunts (but I think that is a teenage boy thing) oh and him and the little girlfriend are finished, but for me now as he can move on, if you know wat I mean, and anyway young love is the hardest but normal thing eh and she was his first love and I/We took him away, so he was gonna hate us really I guess??

Will now has work, he works a 7 hr a wk job and a 17 hr wk job that ties in nicely with him still being able to take the boys to their footy and rugby training sessions (so still father son time) Josh has a scooter so independence all the way, and yes I shit myself when we first let him have it, but its the way forward here especially for the teenagers!

We have quality time with each other, even if some days the boys want to kill each other, but thats brotherly love eh?? We have been exploring a bit, not too much, however, we are off to the corromandel(dont think I have spelt it right lol) beginning of july then the week after going to taupo skiing/snowboarding whilst they are on their school holidays......... We have made some great friends since being here and hope to continue to enjoy, grow, laugh and yes cry along the way but doing it TOGETHER, sounds soppy I know,but having lived under the stresses and having no time for each other in our family unit in the UK it is true :wub:

Catch up soon and hope I aint bored any of you, as Im back :thumbsup:

Tina. xxx

hi Tina - thats just a crazy few wks for you all! bless..
its incredible how you just have managed under the stress,, but its just fantastic that you got such support from work and that ur son was ok too!!
I'm pleased that you love it there... and hope u keep ur positive outlook for many yrs to come!!!!
Love
Berni

willand tina_h Jun 23rd 2010 2:54 am

Originally Posted by 127luton (Post 8649627)
hi Tina - thats just a crazy few wks for you all! bless..
its incredible how you just have managed under the stress,, but its just fantastic that you got such support from work and that ur son was ok too!!
I'm pleased that you love it there... and hope u keep ur positive outlook for many yrs to come!!!!
Love
Berni

Awh thank you, so nice to be back on here I tell you :) yep, been cleaning and baking today, and that (baking that is) is one thing I never thought I could do back in the UK, but I think it is just that I never had the time or patience to do it!!!!!

Pysch, you are so right :wub: :wub: be great when your closer by not long now eh?? Sure you are not counting :lol::lol: went through it at same time and wont give our secrets away, pmsl but was almost quite emotional the nite to find we were sat in the same room drinking berfore realising who each other was!!!!!! Drink may have had summat to do with it :o but was so genuine and great, awwwhhhh Im all emotional now, lol. xxx

killercat Jun 23rd 2010 9:54 pm

Welcome back Tina, i wondered where you'd gone. So glad Harri is settling in now its a joy to here after all the trauma you had getting there. Good to here every thing is now working out for you all. few more weeks and we will hopfully be joining you.
all the best
Jacki :thumbsup:

ragdolls2 Jun 24th 2010 6:44 am

Hi Tina welcome back have missed your posts. Great to hear you and yours are settling in:thumbsup: Will post my update once we are settled feel a bit like a romany at the moment until we have a permanet place hopefully 2nd july move in date. start new job 5th july:eek: x

DavenHelen Jun 24th 2010 9:49 pm

Hi tina and family

great to hear your news and so very pleased to hear you havent had anymore health traumas and you are still glad you made the move!:thumbsup:
We have now been approved.. yippee!! planning on end of this year,
kids(9 and 6) now know and are getting very excited, we are too but still feeling very sad about leaving our friends, and it is the unknown of will we find such good friends in NZ ... do hope so!
Keep in touch and hope you carry on enjoying your new life, hope to see you on the other side

Helen and Dave x

MattandJax Jun 24th 2010 10:22 pm

great update. we wondered what had happened to you. things have not been easy for you. so glad that youve settled and seem to be blooming now :fingerscrossed:

we have been here 3 weeks and are loving it so far. (you were our inspiration months ago when we started the process- i used to love reading your posta and dreaming... and hey... we are living that dream now!)

Coromandel is fab, we went there on arrival to NZ for some R&R
see our fotos? (http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=146)

have a great time
M&J