Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

Arrived Safe and Sound

Arrived Safe and Sound

Old Mar 21st 2011, 3:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arrived Safe and Sound

Originally Posted by Angelaoliver

Oh and the weta freak me out!!
The first picture in your blog is just a baby weta and the second one is a cricket. Better watch out for when you see an adult weta which are at least three times the size.

Sounds like you need to invest in a few big cans of Raid or something, I keep one in every room for emergencies and you will soon learn to deal with the beasties, they are part and parcel of everyday life and I was the biggest insect phobic wimp ever.

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Mar 21st 2011 at 4:13 am.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Angelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really nice

Originally Posted by rick78
NEver spoken to you but really enjoyed reading your blog... we're heading out in July and nerves are starting to settle in!

I've recently started our own blog... but will now migrate to wordpress after seeing your site
Thanks for the comments on the blogs guys!!

Yeah I thought cricket at first, but everyone else who saw them said cockroaches or weta, so... anyway the bug brigade are coming this week to blast them out I think I have gotten rid of the last one this morning, I don't like to kill them so have been saving them, but I do have a raid automatic dispenser and one to hand at all times, for the fly's and moths mainly!

I will link the blog to my profile, thanks for the tip Bevs!
Old Mar 21st 2011, 6:23 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I've recently started our own blog...
I'm a-waiting
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Angelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really nice

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Welcome, is it on Margaret Road? Or thereabouts? On the whole it's ok around there.
Hey. Sorry I'm on limited internet access so am missing a lot of these posts!

It's Coach Drive just off Grange Road
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

NEver spoken to you but really enjoyed reading your blog... we're heading out in July and nerves are starting to settle in!

I've recently started our own blog... but will now migrate to wordpress after seeing your site
Hi Rick. Sorry I'm on limited internet access so am missing a lot of these posts and only half replying.

I clicked the link to your wordless blog but it said it had been removed. Let me know when you've got one sorted as I'd love to read it
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future

Yeah I started one and then realised it would involve a fair amount of work plus I wanted to start a facebook one for all my family!

Once we've told all our friends and family I'm going to start one on facebook... and then link to it!

I hope your blisters are healing!!
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah I started one and then realised it would involve a fair amount of work plus I wanted to start a facebook one for all my family!

Once we've told all our friends and family I'm going to start one on facebook... and then link to it!

I hope your blisters are healing!!
Ooops that should have said wordpress not wordless! Look forward to it
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future

Any more wettas?!