Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

Arrived Safe and Sound

Arrived Safe and Sound

Old Mar 12th 2011, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

Angelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really nice
Default Arrived Safe and Sound

Hi Guys

Arrived in Auckland yesterday and spent the night there, hopped on nakedbus.com and got here in Tauranga this afternoon

Had to drag 3 suitcases a few blocks with a bit of uphill, one wheel bust, to the hostel on Elizabeth Street. Not so easy when you're a weakling and not used to this heat!!! Anyway, I got my breath back and had a minute then popped over to Pak N Save to get something for tea. Forgetting how sore my arms actually were until I started to carry the bags back

I am now back at the hostel, starving and have absolutely no energy to do anything.... dopey eyed and too flipping hot! Reception don't have a spare fan either. I am not complaining about the heat btw, I love it!

I have a house sorted out in Otumoetai, which I should be able to move into on Thursday.... so, if anyone has any tips and tricks about the area, please feel free to pass them on. Also, anyone know how you pronounce Otumoetai???

Right, think I will go and grab a bite to eat before I fall into some form of unconscious state

Take care
Angela
Old Mar 12th 2011, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arrived Safe and Sound

Originally Posted by Angelaoliver
Hi Guys

Arrived in Auckland yesterday and spent the night there, hopped on nakedbus.com and got here in Tauranga this afternoon

Had to drag 3 suitcases a few blocks with a bit of uphill, one wheel bust, to the hostel on Elizabeth Street. Not so easy when you're a weakling and not used to this heat!!! Anyway, I got my breath back and had a minute then popped over to Pak N Save to get something for tea. Forgetting how sore my arms actually were until I started to carry the bags back

I am now back at the hostel, starving and have absolutely no energy to do anything.... dopey eyed and too flipping hot! Reception don't have a spare fan either. I am not complaining about the heat btw, I love it!

I have a house sorted out in Otumoetai, which I should be able to move into on Thursday.... so, if anyone has any tips and tricks about the area, please feel free to pass them on. Also, anyone know how you pronounce Otumoetai???

Right, think I will go and grab a bite to eat before I fall into some form of unconscious state

Take care
Angela
Hope your tired arms feel better soon Here's to the rest of it!!!
Old Mar 12th 2011, 5:29 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

Take care
Angela
Good to hear you've arrived safe & sound..... am sure you'll soon find some energy and hope your arms recover quickly!
Just be kind to yourself....jet lag does creep up on you!
B x
Old Mar 13th 2011, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you need a long cold shower.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

kiwi19 is just really nicekiwi19 is just really nicekiwi19 is just really nicekiwi19 is just really nicekiwi19 is just really nicekiwi19 is just really nicekiwi19 is just really nicekiwi19 is just really nice

it is pronounced O2-mow-tie
have a great time settling in and good luck
Old Mar 17th 2011, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Angelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really niceAngelaoliver is just really nice

Thanks guys!

I started a blog www.angeandjohninnz.wordpress.com have a read if you're bored
Old Mar 17th 2011, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

Hi Guys

Take care
Angela
Hi Angela,

Welcome to Tauranga!

Otumoetai is a nice area on the whole so you should be good. If you are renting a house sometimes the agent allows the area boundaries to become very fuzzy so you may end up in Brookfield or Bellevue! That's not necessarily bad but people would rather live in Otumoetai which is thought of as being better!

Otumoetai is pronounced 'O Tum O Thai'. It took us ages to be able to say it!

Mark
Old Mar 17th 2011, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Markk
Hi Angela,

Welcome to Tauranga!

Otumoetai is a nice area on the whole so you should be good. If you are renting a house sometimes the agent allows the area boundaries to become very fuzzy so you may end up in Brookfield or Bellevue! That's not necessarily bad but people would rather live in Otumoetai which is thought of as being better!

Otumoetai is pronounced 'O Tum O Thai'. It took us ages to be able to say it!

Mark
Thanks Mark. It's very close to Brookfield so
Not sure... The address does say Otumoetai, it's overlooking the estuary, moved in yesterday
Old Mar 17th 2011, 7:51 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure... The address does say Otumoetai, it's overlooking the estuary, moved in yesterday
Welcome, is it on Margaret Road? Or thereabouts? On the whole it's ok around there.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

If you are overlooking the estuary it's probably Bellevue, but that's OK! Suburb boundaries are very hazy!
Old Mar 18th 2011, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Markk
If you are overlooking the estuary it's probably Bellevue, but that's OK! Suburb boundaries are very hazy!
Haha it's all good either way
Old Mar 19th 2011, 7:31 pm
Beach bums :)

Boogieboard is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome Angela!
Can be very overwhelming when you get here can't it! Been here 9 months now and love it... hope your starting to settle
Old Mar 20th 2011, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boogieboard
Welcome Angela!
Can be very overwhelming when you get here can't it! Been here 9 months now and love it... hope your starting to settle
Hi Boogieboard!

Yeah pretty overwhelming, I have some good people around me but trying not to be clingy so haven't seen them for a few days. Start work tomorrow so that should speed things up a bit until my hubbie gets here, missing him terribly at the moment!

Oh and the weta freak me out!!
Old Mar 20th 2011, 6:44 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Start work tomorrow so that should speed things up a bit until my hubbie gets here, missing him terribly at the moment!

Oh and the weta freak me out!!
It' s the other way around as you get older.

Otumoetai
Has a place in our hearts. We stayed with some people there in '97 and simple thought WOW

www.angeandjohninnz.wordpress.com

Brill Link it into your profile.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future

NEver spoken to you but really enjoyed reading your blog... we're heading out in July and nerves are starting to settle in!

I've recently started our own blog... but will now migrate to wordpress after seeing your site

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.