Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

Almost a year in Chch...

Almost a year in Chch...

Old May 13th 2014, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

bellebellec1 has a reputation beyond reputebellebellec1 has a reputation beyond reputebellebellec1 has a reputation beyond reputebellebellec1 has a reputation beyond reputebellebellec1 has a reputation beyond reputebellebellec1 has a reputation beyond reputebellebellec1 has a reputation beyond reputebellebellec1 has a reputation beyond reputebellebellec1 has a reputation beyond reputebellebellec1 has a reputation beyond reputebellebellec1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Almost a year in Chch...

Originally Posted by bellebellec1
Hi blade - thanks

Yes we have actually lived in Aus before for 6 months, albeit we didnt work! I have family and we both have a number of close friends in Aus. We do have the option of transfer to Sydney or Brisbane. However we feel the work market isnt quite right at the moment for us (my husband is a civil engineer). We may well trans to Australia in the longer term. I think if you prefer public transport options then my suggestion re Pegasus, is stop overnight in the woodend motel (or somewhere similar), drive to Rangiora and catch bus to test!!! Although if you have complete flexibility then you could travel at non peak times. Its a shame they havent sorted the train line from Rangiora to Chch as that would be the best option...

We didnt buy here, when we arrived last year we decided to just rent for a while and decide further down the line. We did however sell our property in the UK, in hindsight I probably would have kept out UK property and rented it out. The only reason for that comment is investment purposes - the exchange rate wasnt great when we came and we ended up spending a huge amount of the proceeds!!!

Please do PM me if you want any more general info about Pegasus and/or the facebook pages for Pegasus (they are closed groups). I have a friend who is also a sports fitness instructor, she lives in Rangiora. She set up her own personal training business and is doing quite well. So if your wife did want to do something I am sure there would be opportunity in Pegasus.
PS - just remembered there is a lady who set up a B&B here in Pegasus recently