8 years in

Old Jun 12th 2011, 4:27 am
Just Joined

strange1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 8 years in

Well my husband has decided defo that he is going back to the UK next year & if he can get a job while he is there then he said that he will stay there. I would like to stay for 2yrs at least & hopefully be invited to perm res so if we went back me & the kids & if it didn't work out in the UK like so many people have seemed to do, we wouldn't have the worry of re applying to come back I am very torn at the moment but lots of things can change in a year like wining the Lotto ha ha.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ahazel101
I know how you feel, been living in New Zealand (Northland) for 8yrs, kind of feel like its unfair on the maori people for me to be here. Was in a relationship with a maori partner but that didnt work out very well AT ALL.. His family did not like me because of my english accent and this countries history with some greedy english people. Kindf feel ashamed being here, espeacially after learning about The Maori version of The Treaty of Waitangi!! Am of home to my family before christmas and I am soo Exited to be returning Home sweet home This is the best decition I have made for myself in a loong time
Ahazel - sorry you feel ashamed, that is not okay! It sounds like you know the historical context of NZ well (which is a huge plus in my opinion so well done you!!) but no-one should feel ashamed. Anyway just thought I would post that. Are you off home permanently or will you return to NZ? Best of luck.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

monsterpie is an unknown quantity at this point

Good to know there are others in the same situation. I can't decide whether to push to move back to uk or suck it up and get on with life here. I was thinking I could research places to live in the UK that my husband might like, i.e somewhere near a beach. But I feel like NZ is a nice place to bring up kids and I wonder if I would feel guilty if we moved back for taking them away or if they would blame me when they're older.

But am just so unhappy here and my parents going on about missing me and kids so much doesn't help. We're supposed to be going back at xmas for 2 weeks, but am scared to go in case I lose it at the airport and refuse to board the plane back to NZ!
Old Jun 30th 2011, 6:18 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by monsterpie
We're supposed to be going back at xmas for 2 weeks, but am scared to go in case I lose it at the airport and refuse to board the plane back to NZ!
I can identify with that! The first time mum came to visit us, after we had been here nearly two years, she suggested I go back with her for a holiday (I think she thought it might teach the OH and kids a lesson if I wasn't at their beck and call 24/7 ) - I told her quite frankly that I daren't cos I felt that if I did I wouldn't want to come back.

Now OH and I are just beginning to plan our first trip back next year (we'll have been here over 9 years by then), and I am already on a new rollercoaster ride of what if I like it so much I don't want to come back to NZ/what if I don't like it and I have to stay in NZ forever Either way I am expecting to be in floods of tears at the airport!