5 years

Old Jun 27th 2010, 12:11 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 5 years

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
We also didn't leave Scotland because of not liking it - we loved it and were happy there - but were just ready for a change.
I've said it before and like the old codger in the corner of the pub I'll say it again.

People who are happy in the UK are very likely to be happy in their new chosen country.

People who moaned and whinged about the UK and emigrated "to escape the terrible life in the UK" will be the first to moan and whinge about their new country and the first on a plane back to the UK.

I love your story Pixi-dust especially the bit about choosing where to live from a picture in a book!

BB
Old Jun 28th 2010, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 5 years

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I've said it before and like the old codger in the corner of the pub I'll say it again.

People who are happy in the UK are very likely to be happy in their new chosen country.

People who moaned and whinged about the UK and emigrated "to escape the terrible life in the UK" will be the first to moan and whinge about their new country and the first on a plane back to the UK.

BB

What an excellent post - it is so true.

The same can be said for emigrants into any country as well. I've certainly met my fair share of Ozzies/Kiwis/Saffas moaning about the UK - but funnily enough many don't seem that keen to head back to their homeland so it can't be all that bad here can it
Old Jun 28th 2010, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

I love your story Pixi-dust especially the bit about choosing where to live from a picture in a book!

BB
Strangely I am the opposite of that. Our life in the Uk was making us quite pissed off. However we have always been relatively content since arrival 5 years ago. NZ is not perfect and the only thing that really pisses us off regular are the shite driving standards.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 5:33 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
the shite driving standards.
I hear you!
Old Jul 1st 2010, 2:20 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

BB
Not strictly true in our case , happy in the UK, happy in NZ.... now happy back in the UK
B x
Old Jul 1st 2010, 9:45 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 5 years

Originally Posted by MnB
Not strictly true in our case , happy in the UK, happy in NZ.... now happy back in the UK
B x
In which case you have proved my point!

BB
Old Jul 1st 2010, 10:39 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Not forgetting those of that broadly enjoy everywhere we've lived but are perpetually pandering to those itchy feet!