Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

4 years since arrived in NZ. What has happened.........

4 years since arrived in NZ. What has happened.........

Old Jan 17th 2013, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

cleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to all
Default 4 years since arrived in NZ. What has happened.........

I arrived from the UK with 2 suitcases and 1 wife.
Since then there has been quite a lot going on so lets have a count up.

3 different rental properties
1 spinal operation
1 very big carer change
1 house purchase
3 visit from friends in the UK
1 serious assault
1 tooth lost
1 (now ex) wife arrested
1 home invasion
7 court appearances (to settle the divorce)
1 house sold
1 job lost
1 car stolen

I'll admit it hasn't been the best "start to a new life" but I'm still here toughing it out.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 years since arrived in NZ. What has happened.........

Originally Posted by cleverchap
I arrived from the UK with 2 suitcases and 1 wife.
Since then there has been quite a lot going on so lets have a count up.

3 different rental properties
1 spinal operation
1 very big carer change
1 house purchase
3 visit from friends in the UK
1 serious assault
1 tooth lost
1 (now ex) wife arrested
1 home invasion
7 court appearances (to settle the divorce)
1 house sold
1 job lost
1 car stolen

I'll admit it hasn't been the best "start to a new life" but I'm still here toughing it out.
In Island Bay???? Will have to put it on my suburbs to avoid list then....life in Wellington should be way easier than that. Sounds really awful for you...think I would be planning on leaving in your shoes. Was the ex-wife a Kiwi?
Old Jan 17th 2013, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Wow.

That script might be deemed to fanciful for Hollywood!!

Looks like you've got a bit of sense of humour about your time in NZ. Good for you, though I hope things improve in 2013
Old Jan 18th 2013, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

cleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to all

Originally Posted by luvwelly
In Island Bay???? Will have to put it on my suburbs to avoid list then....life in Wellington should be way easier than that. Sounds really awful for you...think I would be planning on leaving in your shoes. Was the ex-wife a Kiwi?
Yes it was in Island Bay................ but she had a key

It is a very nice suburb with everything to hand.
Now getting back on my feet and starting again (again)!
Old Jan 18th 2013, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond repute

wow not so good! hope this year is a lot better for you
Old Jan 21st 2013, 9:27 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Crike ! That is tough going.

Let's hope 2013 is a much better year all round .

Did you find & replace the tooth?
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey good luck and well done!
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 1:39 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Crickey I second that!!!! Is your ex wife a kiwi btw???
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by love30stm
Crickey I second that!!!! Is your ex wife a kiwi btw???
No she is a Brit.

BEVS,
The tooth was sheared off level with my jaw bone so there is no way of putting it back in.
ACC wont cover the tooth as it was not deemed to be an "accident" she smashed a bottle in my face.
The police charged her and when it went to court the judge found her not guilty as she "must have been a poor defensless little girl who wouldn't normally do that sort of thing" so no reparation was awarded.
I cannot afford the $8000 to have the surgery required to replace it so I just have to carry on as if nothing happened.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 3:00 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cleverchap
No she is a Brit.

BEVS,
The tooth was sheared off level with my jaw bone so there is no way of putting it back in.
ACC wont cover the tooth as it was not deemed to be an "accident" she smashed a bottle in my face.
The police charged her and when it went to court the judge found her not guilty as she "must have been a poor defensless little girl who wouldn't normally do that sort of thing" so no reparation was awarded.
I cannot afford the $8000 to have the surgery required to replace it so I just have to carry on as if nothing happened.
Sounds like a lovely woman

And that sucks!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Stay strong CC - and remember there are still some good women around, we're not all barking mad.

Here's to a good 2013
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

scottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond repute

Wow she sounds cuckoo. Terrible that she got away with it
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 11:46 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Sh1t. Was the judge a woman then? That's disgusting.
A friends daughter glassed someone & got done for it. She is a wisp of a thing but has an anger problem. ( understatement I feel)

I did about the tooth thing for you. We know how much $$$$ it is to replace if it can't be placed back in. Well. Mr BEVS does.
Hope those wounds healed OK & it missed your eyes mate.

Barking bonkers & eccentric is fine.. Violent is not.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, sorry to hear about the violent part...have you thought of moving to somewhere quiet like Balclutha or something
Old Jan 31st 2013, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

Revazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

very awful

sorry to hear that

hopefully, you get new opportunity to change the life in this year