4 Year Update!

Old Apr 27th 2011, 11:23 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile 4 Year Update!

Blimey, is it that time again?!

Seems only last year, and the year before, and the year before that ... ok you get the picture!

So, I've hit the four year milestone and, sorry for sounding repetitive, still love it here!

My annual anniversary coincides with it being one year since I separated from my husband. That side of things has been pretty horrendous. But with the love and support of my wonderful NZ "urban" family I have survived! By that I mean the amazing, close, loving friends I have made over the last 4 years. It hasn't mattered to me once that I don't share a history past my NZ one with these chicks as I am fortunate enough to have a close, supportive bond as if we'd been friends far longer.

In the last year I've had to give up my business as I couldn't run that whilst being a solo mum. It doesn't bother me too much as it still wasn't profitable and was bloody hard work! I am now looking at my options and thinking about training for something new.

I do get bored occasionally, but then I have adapted well to being a lazy bum!

I got myself a 1973 VW Kombi that was to be my project, but am currently second guessing that too, as the likelihood of me really traveling around with my 2 youngest on my own is pretty daunting. But I haven't quite made my mind up yet.

In the last year I had my first visit back to the UK, only for 3 days, tagged on to another trip. It was great to see my Dad and my brother and Harrods and Harvey Nicks, but it wasn't a long enough trip to meet with friends. To be honest I found it all a bit run down compared to what I have here.

So this time next year I can apply to be a NZ citizen and get a divorce!!! Oh happy days!!!
Old Apr 27th 2011, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 Year Update!

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Blimey, is it that time again?!

Seems only last year, and the year before, and the year before that ... ok you get the picture!

So, I've hit the four year milestone and, sorry for sounding repetitive, still love it here!

My annual anniversary coincides with it being one year since I separated from my husband. That side of things has been pretty horrendous. But with the love and support of my wonderful NZ "urban" family I have survived! By that I mean the amazing, close, loving friends I have made over the last 4 years. It hasn't mattered to me once that I don't share a history past my NZ one with these chicks as I am fortunate enough to have a close, supportive bond as if we'd been friends far longer.

In the last year I've had to give up my business as I couldn't run that whilst being a solo mum. It doesn't bother me too much as it still wasn't profitable and was bloody hard work! I am now looking at my options and thinking about training for something new.

I do get bored occasionally, but then I have adapted well to being a lazy bum!

I got myself a 1973 VW Kombi that was to be my project, but am currently second guessing that too, as the likelihood of me really traveling around with my 2 youngest on my own is pretty daunting. But I haven't quite made my mind up yet.

In the last year I had my first visit back to the UK, only for 3 days, tagged on to another trip. It was great to see my Dad and my brother and Harrods and Harvey Nicks, but it wasn't a long enough trip to meet with friends. To be honest I found it all a bit run down compared to what I have here.

So this time next year I can apply to be a NZ citizen and get a divorce!!! Oh happy days!!!
Good one
Old Apr 27th 2011, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto the above
Old Apr 27th 2011, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

good on ya.... and here's to the next year
Old Apr 27th 2011, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MattandJax
good on ya.... and here's to the next year
Ditto the above!!
Old Apr 28th 2011, 2:48 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the post....
Old Apr 30th 2011, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

What a lovely positive post!
Old May 4th 2011, 11:35 pm
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
never sell a kombi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 4th 2011, 11:38 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Dustybin
never sell a kombi
Agreed.
Old May 4th 2011, 11:39 pm
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
Agreed.
always knew you had taste bevs..
Old May 4th 2011, 11:52 pm

I think it was a brief lover's tiff. Now I'm fully back in love with her again and no, I'll not be selling her. Where would I be without my Bus of Lurve?!
Old Jun 15th 2011, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

You soooooo should have been a Gemini!

Don't you dare get rid of the Kombi. I want to see it travelling up here and parked up on my driveway soon with you, A & D in tow
Old Jun 16th 2011, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

florabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond repute

Well done ~ onwards and upwards
Old Jun 16th 2011, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

cleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to all

Nice to hear your still enjoying yourself

I still own my VW kombi even if it is in the UK.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by cleverchap
Nice to hear your still enjoying yourself

I still own my VW kombi even if it is in the UK.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45...busdrivers.jpg
How gawjus!! I'm building up to a split screen, so expensive here.

I'm having a few wines with some friends next week and they each have a square to mosaic for the top of one of the cupboards in my kombi. And I'm waiting for a friend to put in some curtain tracks so I can get my Austin Powers curtains in!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.