Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

4 MONTH UPDATE - 8 months - 9 month update.....

4 MONTH UPDATE - 8 months - 9 month update.....

Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:31 pm
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 4 MONTH UPDATE

Originally Posted by HHBoP
Hi bd

Guess that means u are meant to stay. The 3 guys who helped - they prove there are many out that who will help simply because they can. Something will come up - and u can't say that u won't be open to it the things you have tried, survived and applied for!! chin up and plod on - doin nothin is in itself an artform!!!!

I found out today that i have been posted to Whakatane!! Am pleased (understatement)

cheers

HH
Hey thats good news for you
Whakatane is a nice place
i think "Numptyhead" is from there
i am sure she wouldn't mind you asking a few questions about the place
i was busy doing nothing yesterday but didn't manage to finish it off
so i will try again tomorrow
good luck

Last edited by bdclayton; Feb 6th 2010 at 11:33 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

Hiya
My OH read your thread this morning & cried.....not with sympathy (sorry )but with laughter So even though you are doin nothing - you are brightening up other people's day
Old Feb 7th 2010, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

HHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really nice

Ditto to that - doing nothing is very hardwork, takes a lot of organisation and is a terribly hrd task to complete. I have heard from Numptyhead and she is being an absolute Godsend - hope she knows what she is in for. The stress levels at this end now are frankly frightening. The instructions from the movers arrived yesterday, i.e how they want things ready etc- oh crap they have to be kidding, how in god's earth am I supposed to do all of that and work. We have had 3 funerals in the last 3 weeks, one friend has just been rushed into hospital and if they can't correct the problem she could die in surgery, the other is about to be fired in some staff reducing witch hunt, the other can lay guilt like treacle, work is a nightmare, my ex is not a happy bunny, and I have a viewing at 3pm ( not complaining) on top of that I have to find some spray on disinfectant that I have never bloody heard of !! The movers are goin to have a fit when they see this place. My stuff is in two locations, most of which has been packed in storage since last March. I am literally gonna have to point and say whats mine and wots not, as not everything is mine or going. And they want everything out of the loft ready for them - I live in a 2 bedroomed bungalow for god's sake and the loft is the only storage I have. and no spare room!!! Phew glad to write that out - I feel better now!! Bd - wanna swap for a couple of days, pleeeeeeeeeeeeease. Is this how u felt headed down the open mountainside to the only cabin wall in 20 miles???????

Am breathing deep and going to clean the dog marks off the kitchen door!!!!! Wish me luck for the viewing (they aren't even on the market yet and I hope they aren't comin just for a nose, coz I am not in the mood

Deep breaths, big smiles, gotta get something done and ticked off one of my ever spreading lists. I can do this, I will be fine, positive thinking........

Cheers

HH
Old Feb 7th 2010, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

HHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really nice

Hi all

Have just read that back - sorry it sounds very ranty

Cheers

HH
Old Feb 7th 2010, 5:41 pm
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all

Have just read that back - sorry it sounds very ranty

Cheers

HH
Hey there
it does you good to have a rant now and again
and this time it made me smile
and brought back memories.
its easy for people to use the good old sayings like
" it will all be worth it in the end" but i am sure it will be
and i am sure there are more problems to overcome
but just think
in a year it will all be just memories and you can sit down and have a smile about it all
The sun is shining here looks like another nice day
good luck
Old Feb 7th 2010, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bdclayton
Hey there
it does you good to have a rant now and again
and this time it made me smile
and brought back memories.
its easy for people to use the good old sayings like
" it will all be worth it in the end" but i am sure it will be
and i am sure there are more problems to overcome
but just think
in a year it will all be just memories and you can sit down and have a smile about it all
The sun is shining here looks like another nice day
good luck
Hi Bd

Glad have managed to have made u smile, I can return that favour at least! U know I hadn't actually thought about the looking back in a year thingy, and u are absolutely right - I shall cling to that thought (so far can't see past the end of my nose - and that is making me terribly cross eyed, and then i won't look like my passport photo - though to be fair that would be a blessin, who after all wants to look like they have recently been arrested and sentenced to life!!) in the coming weeks, nay days ahead. Most sincerely thank-u. Funny how it can be the simplest of kind thoughts or words taht can bring a momen of level headed sanity into a whirlwind!! Go figure.....

Just out of curisosity - bear with me my brain isn't workin as quickly as my eyes - what where u and family doin in Bulgaria?? And I know it probably syas somewhere but whereabouts in NZ are u and Mrs Bd? I owe u a drink when I get there - hoping to have bolly or chardonnay or just plain alcohol, copious amounts thereof, wiv Numptyhead, Tina of WillnTina fame ( Josh being better, n Tina for that matter (how stressful). Are u near Tauranga, whakatane? Also have a friend in New Plymouth, who maybe could come too, and another in Tauranga. God I have friends in NZ, 6 months ago I had none.

just an aside -and this will totally throw u, but what possible conection could mentos mints have with Vampire Diaries???????

Shall leave ur mind to boggle - good luck wiv the doin nofink - hope u can keep up the good work!!

Cheers

HH
Old Feb 7th 2010, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

see it did... Tauranga!! God I'm good
Old Feb 7th 2010, 9:43 pm
Busy Again

Hi Bd

Glad have managed to have made u smile, I can return that favour at least! U know I hadn't actually thought about the looking back in a year thingy, and u are absolutely right - I shall cling to that thought (so far can't see past the end of my nose - and that is making me terribly cross eyed, and then i won't look like my passport photo - though to be fair that would be a blessin, who after all wants to look like they have recently been arrested and sentenced to life!!) in the coming weeks, nay days ahead. Most sincerely thank-u. Funny how it can be the simplest of kind thoughts or words taht can bring a momen of level headed sanity into a whirlwind!! Go figure.....

Just out of curisosity - bear with me my brain isn't workin as quickly as my eyes - what where u and family doin in Bulgaria?? And I know it probably syas somewhere but whereabouts in NZ are u and Mrs Bd? I owe u a drink when I get there - hoping to have bolly or chardonnay or just plain alcohol, copious amounts thereof, wiv Numptyhead, Tina of WillnTina fame ( Josh being better, n Tina for that matter (how stressful). Are u near Tauranga, whakatane? Also have a friend in New Plymouth, who maybe could come too, and another in Tauranga. God I have friends in NZ, 6 months ago I had none.

just an aside -and this will totally throw u, but what possible conection could mentos mints have with Vampire Diaries???????

Shall leave ur mind to boggle - good luck wiv the doin nofink - hope u can keep up the good work!!

Cheers

HH
See its already getting better
and you have made friends in NZ
We are in Tauranga Just me and my wife who is Mental Health Nurse
she has to be to live with me
what were we doing in Bulgaria ?
we bought a house there nearly six years ago
I have just finished renovating it.
But instead of shipping our furniture out here
i bought a van and drove from the UK to Bulgaria with all of it.
But i had to make two trips
we even bought a kitchen from Wickes to fit in the house and drove that out too
so i did literally"take the kitchen sink"
it was all good fun and a great adventure
Old Feb 7th 2010, 10:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto to that - doing nothing is very hardwork, takes a lot of organisation and is a terribly hrd task to complete. I have heard from Numptyhead and she is being an absolute Godsend - hope she knows what she is in for. The stress levels at this end now are frankly frightening. The instructions from the movers arrived yesterday, i.e how they want things ready etc- oh crap they have to be kidding, how in god's earth am I supposed to do all of that and work. We have had 3 funerals in the last 3 weeks, one friend has just been rushed into hospital and if they can't correct the problem she could die in surgery, the other is about to be fired in some staff reducing witch hunt, the other can lay guilt like treacle, work is a nightmare, my ex is not a happy bunny, and I have a viewing at 3pm ( not complaining) on top of that I have to find some spray on disinfectant that I have never bloody heard of !! The movers are goin to have a fit when they see this place. My stuff is in two locations, most of which has been packed in storage since last March. I am literally gonna have to point and say whats mine and wots not, as not everything is mine or going. And they want everything out of the loft ready for them - I live in a 2 bedroomed bungalow for god's sake and the loft is the only storage I have. and no spare room!!! Phew glad to write that out - I feel better now!! Bd - wanna swap for a couple of days, pleeeeeeeeeeeeease. Is this how u felt headed down the open mountainside to the only cabin wall in 20 miles???????

Am breathing deep and going to clean the dog marks off the kitchen door!!!!! Wish me luck for the viewing (they aren't even on the market yet and I hope they aren't comin just for a nose, coz I am not in the mood

Deep breaths, big smiles, gotta get something done and ticked off one of my ever spreading lists. I can do this, I will be fine, positive thinking........

Cheers

HH
Wow, you are certainly being put through the mill. Can I suggest post-it notes put on everything that is to stay, with DO NOT PACK THIS OR YOU DIE!written on. We were lucky enough to have a spare room that we could put stuff in when we left the UK & put a similar post-it note on the door.
Good luck with it all
Old Feb 8th 2010, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

See its already getting better
and you have made friends in NZ
We are in Tauranga Just me and my wife who is Mental Health Nurse
she has to be to live with me
what were we doing in Bulgaria ?
we bought a house there nearly six years ago
I have just finished renovating it.
But instead of shipping our furniture out here
i bought a van and drove from the UK to Bulgaria with all of it.
But i had to make two trips
we even bought a kitchen from Wickes to fit in the house and drove that out too
so i did literally"take the kitchen sink"
it was all good fun and a great adventure
Hi bd

crikey you do like to do things 'big' - no wonder you are bored!! mybe u should think of settin up ur own business!! Adventures R Us

cheers

HH
Old Feb 8th 2010, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Wow, you are certainly being put through the mill. Can I suggest post-it notes put on everything that is to stay, with DO NOT PACK THIS OR YOU DIE!written on. We were lucky enough to have a spare room that we could put stuff in when we left the UK & put a similar post-it note on the door.
Good luck with it all
Cheers Vitalstatistix - that I shall do. my mom will be helpin and she can scare a rotteiler into a white poodle!! Note to self - get post-it notes.

cheers

HH
Old Feb 13th 2010, 1:38 am
Busy Again

hey i have a interview
not in Tauranga i have to go all the way to queenstown
the flight cost over $700 i hope its worth it

don't forget its valentines day tomorrow
i have booked a table for two how romantic is that
but i hope my OH does better than last year
she only managed to pot two balls
Old Feb 13th 2010, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

Hiya
great news re interview & who said romance was dead !!! push the boat out & get her a pint & a cigar while your there
Old Feb 13th 2010, 7:36 am
Busy Again

Originally Posted by bolton1
Hiya
great news re interview & who said romance was dead !!! push the boat out & get her a pint & a cigar while your there
my god
you must have money to burn
she can have a half and roll her own
Old Feb 14th 2010, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

hey i have a interview
not in Tauranga i have to go all the way to queenstown
the flight cost over $700 i hope its worth it

don't forget its valentines day tomorrow
i have booked a table for two how romantic is that
but i hope my OH does better than last year
she only managed to pot two balls
Hey well done you. Good luck - when is it? Am sure they will be blown away

I know where I'd be potting the ball mate with comments like that!!!

Asides from which u wouldn't dare, bet ur OH is well wise by by now!

Enjoy

Cheers

HH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.