3 Years in NZ

Old Jun 19th 2016, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default 3 Years in NZ

Wow, where did that go! My son , then 14, and I were the first to arrive 3 years ago, left my partner to oversee the packing and DD to go to her Year 11 Prom. I promise I'm not bitter he forgot to pack my enamel roasting pans.
Within 7 weeks we'd bought a house in Kerikeri, kids were enrolled at the local High School and 6 weeks later - after regular relieving - I landed a teaching job at an awesome Primary school. And I'm still there.
It's been bloody tough at times, but nothing to do with homesickness or regrets from the move. Just EXternal forces trying to throw spanners into our new happy lives.
The kids are so happy, one due to leave High school this year, the other in her second year at Otago University. They wish we'd been able to come years before.
Next hurdle is to get my Dad out here...
Amazing winter-pretend-Christmas yesterday with 20 of our family down in Helensville, and a beautiful sunny day again today in the gorgeous Bay of Islands.
So, yup, we did the right thing and we love it here.
(and by the way..mangoes are only $1 each at Countdown today...just saying )
Old Jun 19th 2016, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of lightLisa Maree is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 3 Years in NZ

Lovely update I visited Kerikeri a few times back in the day and I always thought it had a great vibe, hope your Dad can join you all soon... and I'm so stealing the mid winter Xmas celebration tradition when we move back to nz � ����
Old Jun 19th 2016, 8:11 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update saw the Mangroves whilst shopping yesterday My memories of a Bay of Islands break....massive grapefruit falling off a tree as there were so many and me on statins What winter...winter solstice tomorrow....
Old Jun 24th 2016, 4:58 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely part of the world - nice update.
Old Jun 30th 2016, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

and mandarins and tamarillos at $4 a large string bag - just saying :-)