Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

2years on and it's still crap.

2years on and it's still crap.

Old Dec 9th 2009, 5:55 am

george toni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2years on and it's still crap.

ahh but im cheaper than a sparky,dont have a vehicle charge,have approved handler status and supply a treatment that isnt available to joe public.

Oh and mates rate do apply

when do you want your's done I promise I will only mark yours up 300% not the normal 301%

cheers

George
Old Dec 9th 2009, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by george toni
ahh but im cheaper than a sparky,dont have a vehicle charge,have approved handler status and supply a treatment that isnt available to joe public.

Oh and mates rate do apply

when do you want your's done I promise I will only mark yours up 300% not the normal 301%

cheers

George
Well Boy George

Even I have to say, you seem like an awwwwwfully decent fellow.

Rgds
Martin c
Old Dec 9th 2009, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Bonza thread!
Old Dec 11th 2009, 6:57 pm
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light
Default keep smiling it all comes ok in the end

My belief in kindness is restored: on both sides of the world:

First I would like to thank George for his job offer its not everyday someone offers you a job and they haven’t even meet you.
I have been offered a job back in the UK couldn’t find anything here I know I have only been here 12 weeks but I am so used to being busy it takes some adjusting.
The job in the UK is with a company I worked for before I came to NZ I had a good working relationship with them they even paid for a leaving party for me. ( maybe they were pleased to see me go ?)
They wanted me to start in the New Year. I thought I would try to appeal to there better nature. and try for March I cannot believe the nice email I got back bearing in mind this is not a small company they employ over 7.000 people.
They have given me until March. to take up the position.. They realise I will still be looking for work here I have been honest and told them.
Here in NZ I have managed to secure two more interviews so I am getting closer to that job.
I don’t mind going back to the UK . I don’t see it as things going pear shaped.
There is a mix of people on this site some want to go back to the UK and cant and some want to come to NZ and cant get here. I think I am lucky I can do either. But would prefer to stay here. I don’t have children here to think about.
Sorry I am going on a bit now
I want to say a big thank you to the people on here who have given me advise and suggestions
And wish every one a Merry Christmas
Hey where has the sun gone ??

Last edited by bdclayton; Dec 11th 2009 at 7:01 pm. Reason: spelling is pants again
Old Dec 11th 2009, 7:32 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: keep smiling it all comes ok in the end

Merry Christmas to you & Nurse Clayton too, for a very happy new year which ever hemisphere you're in!! & good luck with the interviews!!.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: keep smiling it all comes ok in the end

Originally Posted by MnB
Merry Christmas to you & Nurse Clayton too, for a very happy new year which ever hemisphere you're in!! & good luck with the interviews!!.
Ditto
Old Dec 13th 2009, 1:25 pm

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad things are looking up for you bd clayton... lets hope the new year brings that all important job and you can finally settle and enjoy the nz life

And WOW, what a nice guy you are George! Its not often that people are willing to take a risk on someone and give them a break so just wanted to say its truely lovely!

My hubby and I are awaiting visa approval (without job offers) - I am a scientist and he is a spark... if bd clayton doesn't take you up on your offer, we will hopefully be over around June time, I would gladly apply!!! I'm sure I can turn my hand at anything!

Good luck all and Merry Chrimbo!!!
Old Dec 13th 2009, 5:34 pm

Hi Flower pot.

Heck if your OH is a sparkie then keep in touch if you are heading dunedin way as joking aside I might be looking for one then! thats when we start getting busy and I want to expand that side of things this year getting into more domestic electrical work (I turn down alot as I dont have the staff to cover both heatpumps and electrical)

Good luck and keep in touch. (and im running out of jobs now!)

george
Old Dec 14th 2009, 2:53 pm

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by george toni
Hi Flower pot.

Heck if your OH is a sparkie then keep in touch if you are heading dunedin way as joking aside I might be looking for one then! thats when we start getting busy and I want to expand that side of things this year getting into more domestic electrical work (I turn down alot as I dont have the staff to cover both heatpumps and electrical)

Good luck and keep in touch. (and im running out of jobs now!)

george
Ha ha marvellous George! Well we are planning on Orewa in Auckland as thats where my parents are - we couldn't be much further away really!

However, we will travel where the work is if needed so really appreciate your kind offer and will deffo stay in touch. Shame your not on the north shore, perhaps you could have helped us out with a job offer!!!

Thanks George, you're a star
Old Jan 6th 2010, 6:46 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Hi I have just posted my 2 year thread and it reminded me of when I had little kids, you are describing my life from 1989 to 2005.

I worked 4 -5 nights a week (mainly 12-14 hour shifts) and Tony worked days. I rarely ought new clothes or shoes as the kids needs came first. We were not always lucky enough to meet in the driveway. Could be a contributing factor to our 27 year marriage - we didn't see each other to argue during the hard years.

I agree with you on one big issue 3rd class - I know the UK is supposed to be racist but I had never experienced or witnessed racism myself until we moved to NZ. Every drunk young Maori we come across throws the racist card as well as some of the older ones. I spent a lovely evening talking to a young Maori only to be asked at the end of the evening to apologise for raping his women, land and seas. As I knew this lad's grandfather was Scottish I told him how he was insulting his heritage and asked him if he truly believed he was a product of his grandfather raping his grandmother to produce his mother. This is a theme I hear again and again. Other Maori's we know are absolutely beautiful people. One is orgaising James's Hungi, we are going to anothers wedding and spent New Years eve in their company, it is the grandchildren who appeared racist.
Such is life.

The salaries, low for professionals, so much better at home. My husband took a major salary drop, our only saving grace was simply the fact that we have no mortgage as we'd already completed the hard slog at home.

I will end by saying with young kids life is hard no matter where you live - unless it's beverly hills.

Pauline
Old Jan 6th 2010, 7:15 am

well ive been here six years now and have NEVER felt third class to any one type of race.

I would say that if you move to such a place where the majority is made up of one particular group then whether its here or bradford you will come across it in some form.

For me the whole what went on in the past stuff should bloody well stay in the past.

Move on I reckon as heck go back far enuf and im sure we could pick holes in the same people who throw stones constantly about this and that.

There is a definate chip on the shoulder here held by some and a real tip e toe approach to non offending by others but that is the way all over the world.

Less we forget how the great british empire took over the world.

on the wole NZ is great and dont let the 3rd class thing put you off. It is a fair point to make though as it does go on.

good luck

george
Old Jan 6th 2010, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

have just sat down with my lunch and read the full thread did the welsh fella stay or go

BTW we love it here

Neil
Old Jan 25th 2010, 10:28 am
Just Joined

dizzyb23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Been reading and lurking for a while but just wanted to ask how things are going for Mr Wales??? Did they stay in NZ or go back??

We went to NZ a few years ago with an open mind. No expectations. what a wonderful country with fantastic people? Loved our time there but we did return to the UK.

I would recommed trying a move to any different place or country but always go with an open mind. There were some folk who jumped in with both feet, selling up in the UK, plowing all their money into a house in NZ etc. Most of them ended up stuck in NZ as they were expecting way too much too soon.

For me personally, I hated the lack of central heating (didn't expect it to bother me), wages were not comparable and we ended up paying bills with nothing left over, a lot of travelling to and from work, my profession was way behind the UK and the mold and damp was everywhere.

I loved the people and the areas we visited and lived, got to see my hubby at weekends sometimes, the peace and quiet, the beach, the city shopping and eating out.

I hope that shows a balanced view of things.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

We lived in NZ for eight years long ago and now we live in Aus. Two of my NZ friends also live here close to me and they are not returning.

I like NZ and we visit because we have relatives who migrated there and we enjoy it but I could not live there again

Every one with a drop of moari blood is finding their plot how do I know because my dear friend is quarter cast and other friends have a teaspoon and we all have a laugh about it.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Chile and have just returned from my first visit to NZ to visit my daughter and her husband in Nelson. From what I saw, and I know 1st impressions don't really count, the life there seemed just right for me, as it seems to be for them, but then I'm just retired and am looking for peace and quiet, not a job with family to educate. I've read all these posts from the unfortunate ones who are not happy in NZ and am really interested to know what it is that you were expecting that didn't turn out right. From what you say, you did your homework before making the big move, so I imagine you would have known what the cost of living would be like, dental costs etc, and also had your own , no doubt very good reasons, for wanting to up roots from the UK. I´ve lived in many parts of the world and have always tried to find out all the negative points about a place before moving there, as it's always so easy to find out the good points but not the not so good ones. During my 40 odd years of being an expat, I've returned twice to the UK to live but found it impossible to adjust back to the English way of life. It's very easy to run home when things start to go wrong, but there must be valid reasons why we left in the first place. So I'd be really interested to hear just what went wrong and whether the problems could have been avoided or foreseen?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.