British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   NZ Update (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nz-update-146/)
-   -   2 months in (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nz-update-146/2-months-771072/)

crumpy10 Sep 10th 2012 1:27 am

2 months in

Hi everyone.

well we have been in NZ for 2 months now and in our new home for 4 weeks. we have 8 sheep who have started lambing, got cows on the way!

all our stuff arrived from the container ok, pickfords this side were ok, not as brilliant as the UK side, but not too worried. just not as friendly.

MAF wanted to inspect a lot of stuff, and I am so glad that I cleaned everything with jeyes! anything that was outside got a good wash with the stuff. my dyson still has the aroma! nothing was broken, but cant find the cordless phone!

kids were very glad to have all their toys back. its a long old time to go without your stuff. all boxes are unpacked and everything put in its place. now to get down to enjoying our 'new' life!

we are very happy and cant quite beleive we are here or what we have acheived! it really is quite amazing to think back to the start of all this 5 yrs ago!

anyone wishing to do it, should go for it, we dont regret anything!

Anna

welshrgeordie Sep 10th 2012 2:40 pm

Re: 2 months in

Originally Posted by crumpy10 (Post 10272436)
Hi everyone.

well we have been in NZ for 2 months now and in our new home for 4 weeks. we have 8 sheep who have started lambing, got cows on the way!

all our stuff arrived from the container ok, pickfords this side were ok, not as brilliant as the UK side, but not too worried. just not as friendly.

MAF wanted to inspect a lot of stuff, and I am so glad that I cleaned everything with jeyes! anything that was outside got a good wash with the stuff. my dyson still has the aroma! nothing was broken, but cant find the cordless phone!

kids were very glad to have all their toys back. its a long old time to go without your stuff. all boxes are unpacked and everything put in its place. now to get down to enjoying our 'new' life!

we are very happy and cant quite beleive we are here or what we have acheived! it really is quite amazing to think back to the start of all this 5 yrs ago!

Anna

Great to hear things are good , it makes it all the more easier for those of us who are about to mark on the same journey :-) good luck and hope things keep going well

MnB Sep 10th 2012 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by crumpy10 (Post 10272436)
Hi everyone.

Anna

Hi Anna

Good to see you've finally made it!!! Best wishes and keep us updated please.
Enjoy :D
B

MrsFychan Sep 12th 2012 10:40 pm

was only thinking of you the other day, should organise something for when the kids are off school.

You are so good getting all the boxes unpacked, we're still going through ours, most of the time just taking a few bits out and leaving the rest in them. Mind you can see us having quite a few boxes for the School gala next year :D

Hope to see you soon x x