British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   NZ Update (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nz-update-146/)
-   -   17 month update !!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nz-update-146/17-month-update-707432/)

MooMoo290373 Mar 1st 2011 3:11 am

17 month update !!!

Well what can i say other than we are truly loving our new life here in Papamoa. We have met some wonderful helpful and friendly forum members who are now fantastic friends, you know who you are;):thumbsup:

I won`t say things have been easy or i would be lying, i have only just managed to get my first part-time job since arriving, i was on average applying for 5 jobs a week to no avail, but i got there in the end, just got to hope i get more hours soon as i am only working 2 days a week.
Hubby has settled in nicely at Tauranga hospital, he did find it hard for quite a few months to fit in and adapt to the kiwi way of nursing !!! But is enjoying it now.
My eldest daughter struggled to settle at first so she decided to repeat yr 9 as when she joined Mount college at the end of a school yr, it was difficult to find and mix in with other children who had already formed there groups of friends, so she re done yr 9 made loads of friend sand is now in yr 10 and loving it ( mainly due i think to her 1st kiwi boyfriend ) lol.
My main concern was my middle child, he has ADHD so finds change and adapting to new situations hard, he did have a few teething problems and caused a few concerns to start with, but survived and took it all in his own stride, but now he has started at college he seems a changed young man, he is coping fantastically. Mind he does still have his moments but overall he loves living here he has made so many lovely friends, which i think does help .
My youngest, well what can i say she fitted right in like she has lived here all her life, she is a right little kiwi now, millions of friends, brown as a berry and happy as a sandfly :rofl:

There has been times when things have been tough and me or hubby have struggled with our emotions, but one walk along papamoa beach, puts things in perspective for us and reminds us why we came here, and what for, we know as a family we made the right step in moving here for us, at this moment in time we are one very happy family . The move may not be for everyone but for us it was the best thing we have ever done.:D:D:D

Am Loolah Mar 1st 2011 5:13 am

Re: 17 month update !!!

Awwww, what a lovely update. And has it really been 17 months?!:blink:

So pleased things have come together for your lovely family. I think the right attitude/mind set and your persistence and enthusiasm hold you in great stead.:thumbup:

Saw your youngest the other day at school, barefoot, arm in arm with a little friend she stopped and said hi to me, bless her. You're so right, she is a little Kiwi.:wub:

Here's to the next bright 17 months.:wub:

MooMoo290373 Mar 1st 2011 6:38 am

It has indeed my love, time flies eh, when your having fun, and yes i hope the next 17 months are even better.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Margaret Parkinson Mar 1st 2011 8:17 am

Hi Ginny

So glad things are working out well for you. I remember meeting you this time last year at the Papamoa Meet Up.:thumbsup:

June

MooMoo290373 Mar 1st 2011 8:22 am

You did indeed June, and it was lovely meeting you and Gail too !!! :D:D:thumbsup:

bolton1 Mar 1st 2011 8:56 am

Awwwhh - great to hear from you & that the family are settling down. Hope to see you when we restart the netball :eek: xxx

Margaret Parkinson Mar 1st 2011 9:51 am

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373 (Post 9209852)
You did indeed June, and it was lovely meeting you and Gail too !!! :D:D:thumbsup:

Sorry we did not see you this time. We leave on Sunday. Have you been following my thread?

June

MnB Mar 2nd 2011 11:01 am

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373 (Post 9209443)
Well what can i say other than we are truly loving our new life here in Papamoa. We have met some wonderful helpful and friendly forum members who are now fantastic friends, you know who you are;):thumbsup:

I won`t say things have been easy or i would be lying, i have only just managed to get my first part-time job since arriving, i was on average applying for 5 jobs a week to no avail, but i got there in the end, just got to hope i get more hours soon as i am only working 2 days a week.
Hubby has settled in nicely at Tauranga hospital, he did find it hard for quite a few months to fit in and adapt to the kiwi way of nursing !!! But is enjoying it now.
My eldest daughter struggled to settle at first so she decided to repeat yr 9 as when she joined Mount college at the end of a school yr, it was difficult to find and mix in with other children who had already formed there groups of friends, so she re done yr 9 made loads of friend sand is now in yr 10 and loving it ( mainly due i think to her 1st kiwi boyfriend ) lol.
My main concern was my middle child, he has ADHD so finds change and adapting to new situations hard, he did have a few teething problems and caused a few concerns to start with, but survived and took it all in his own stride, but now he has started at college he seems a changed young man, he is coping fantastically. Mind he does still have his moments but overall he loves living here he has made so many lovely friends, which i think does help .
My youngest, well what can i say she fitted right in like she has lived here all her life, she is a right little kiwi now, millions of friends, brown as a berry and happy as a sandfly :rofl:

There has been times when things have been tough and me or hubby have struggled with our emotions, but one walk along papamoa beach, puts things in perspective for us and reminds us why we came here, and what for, we know as a family we made the right step in moving here for us, at this moment in time we are one very happy family . The move may not be for everyone but for us it was the best thing we have ever done.:D:D:D

Good to read that all is well and that you've managed to ride out the 'bumps' and still kept a positive outlook on your new lives. :thumbsup:
Wishing you continued happiness and enjoyment :lol:
B

nik Mar 3rd 2011 4:11 pm

Thanks for such a positive post, I am so glad to hear that things are going well for you and your family. It is really nice to hear as we leave for Auckland in just over 4 weeks and even though we've lived there before, I keep getting the odd whisper of cold feet, although it does pass!

All the best
Nik:thumbup: