10 years in

Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:55 pm
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of
Default 10 years in

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted for a very very long time so not sure why I have decided to now. I suppose I feel like its time to share.

Anyway, I have been living in Auckland for just over 10 years and I have to say I have loved every moment of it. Well, this time around, at least. I am a "ping pong pom". Lived here in late 80s for 3 1/2 years and hated every moment of it, although I did have a good job, a great Kiwi husband and some friends. I think may be I was too young. Also Auckland was dead at that particular time. There really was nothing here for a young girl in her 20s.

This time round is completely different:

I still have a great Kiwi husband - luckily same one

Have family around me (his)

Have a lot of friends due to a lot of hard work and really putting myself out there - unfortunately you have to here. Some of those friends are Kiwis and some are ex-pats. So I am lucky and do have a good social life.

We have a great house that I love in Birkdale - dont listen to what people tell you, its a great area

Have travelled quite a bit of NZ and loved pretty much most places I have been. Haven't seen it all mind you, still plenty more to go.

Have had some crappy jobs but now I am not working (through choice) and loving every moment of it!

NZ is the place I call home now. I love it and dont find it difficult to live here at all even though I am a non-driver! I know transport is dreadful but I get around.

I have had some ups and downs here, mainly ups - one being going to the opening game of the World Cup and also being at the final when the ABs won.

Last year was a particularly hard year for me as had a rather nasty fight with cancer! But the health care I received and support was absolutely fantastic. This will be an ongoing battle for me but I am incredibly positive and intend to stay that way as have no reason not to be

I feel I should be saying more. I feel like I havent said enough about NZ but those are my thoughts for the moment.

Apologies for being very quiet but I have been looking in.

xx
Old Feb 29th 2012, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

NZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really nice
Default Re: 10 years in

Great update post

We will be 5 years this year split between Chch and now Auckland. Just round the corner from you in Birkenhead love all round this area.

Wishing you a healthy new year x
Old Feb 29th 2012, 6:46 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Great post and keep up that positive thinking!

My mum is in the same situation (11yrs now) and she is so ridiculously happy and positive, it can get a bit annoying!
Old Mar 1st 2012, 2:04 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Catchafire
Great post and keep up that positive thinking!

My mum is in the same situation (11yrs now) and she is so ridiculously happy and positive, it can get a bit annoying!

Thank you. Hee hee yep will carry on being positive even if it drives everyone nuts!
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 1:34 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

What a great update & what a great attitude to life in the face of such rotten adversity. Thanks so much for thinking to share.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

pcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to allpcmay10 is a name known to all

hi there,it seems some areas do get bad press but then people like yourself contridict that,is it a touch of old blighty snobbery?
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 10:36 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely post, thank you for it. Good on you for being so positive in such circumstances
Old Mar 25th 2012, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for your positive post...flowers grow out of dark moments