1 week update....

Old Aug 25th 2010, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute
Default 1 week update....

Well its been a week and what a week its been

I arrived with a job and not much else but so far I've managed to sort out;
- a house
- most of my furniture
- a car
- transferring my driving licence to a NZ one
- bank account
- IRD number
- applying for One Card and Fly Buys (now that I know what they are!)
- applying for my Air NZ Airpoints for my flight over
- getting my uniform ID and final medical stuff done for work
- car and contents insurance
- AA membership for when my dodgy car breaks down!

Pheww...think thats it! Even fitted in some touristy sightseeing today before the rain started again.

Jetlag is gone although it does seem to be physically impossible for me to stay awake past about 10pm but that might have to do with trying to get all the above list sorted out!

Had one horribly homesick day about day 3 but I think that was more to do with being overwhelmed by everything I had to do than actual home sickness but, gave myself a kick up the bum and got on with it and it seems to have passed for now.

So, I pick up my car tomorrow and get the keys for my house on Friday. Start work on Monday so got a busy weekend sorting out the house before I start.

Here's to the next few weeks (and hoping the weather pick up from the rain and wind we have tonight!)
Old Aug 25th 2010, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 week update....

Busy busy busy! Good on you and good luck with work
Old Aug 25th 2010, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light

Ooooh congratulations on sorting out so much in such a short space of time here's to the rest of the time being fab
Old Aug 25th 2010, 10:08 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Phew!!....not surprised you need to be in bed by 10pm.....now you've got the nitty gritty stuff sorted hope you find the time to enjoy NZ!!...on yours days off
B x
Old Aug 26th 2010, 9:07 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

WOW you certainly have packed it in we are still on holiday in Nelson with the in laws to help recover from the stress of moving over

Have so far got driving licence, Bank account, car sorted, mobile phone, AA breakdown cover and even joined up at the library. Although not settling here though would be good for when in town. Went to local rugby match & got face in the local paper! well one eye and bit of my cheek

Well done for getting so much sorted in a week, rest should be a breeze now Good luck

Dewb
Old Aug 26th 2010, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

zoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud of

Hi Lisamct,
Im going to join your thread (hope you dont mind!)

Weve been here for 4 days (I think, Ive lost count though!) Weve got a house, which is blumming freezing, and 2 heaters for it! Its also on the top of what seems to be a mountain range, I thought I was quite fit, but the walk back from the bottom nearly killed me!

We bought a car on Wednesday, then an hour later set out for the 5 hour drive from Napier to Auckland... Thank goodness we bought an Automatic!! In Auckland we picked up Molly the dog, who was nonplussed by the journey and very happy to see us.
Job to find next...

I cant believe we are here!
Old Aug 28th 2010, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Hey zoexr, glad you (and Molly) are settling in well, good luck with the job hunt I'm just glad that was one thing I didnt have to do!

So pretty much got my house furnished, luckily it came with all the white goods so Ive managed to buy a bed, bedroom furniture, sofas, dining table and TV for $3000 which is what I'll be getting back as my relocation expenses so not too bad! Havent fully moved in yet as dont get phone/broadband connected till Tuesday and my Motel is paid till Wednesday so making the most of the free internet there for now.

Looking forward to starting work on Monday, getting broken in gently with a wee half day computer training so thats nice!
Old Aug 28th 2010, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear that things are going well Lisa.
Hope you'll be very happy in your new home, and heaps of good wishes for the new job on Monday.
Hope we can arrange to meet up sometime soon