Unifi Access Leisure Farm

Old Aug 24th 2016, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unifi Access Leisure Farm

Just upgraded to 100Mbps service! Fitting new router Friday. Yes, expensive compared to Singapore but actually only RM40 per month more than I'm paying now for 20Mbps.

As I'll be using Cloud services more, this is a welcome development. Will let you know how fab it is (or otherwise) on Friday.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

deanoman is an unknown quantity at this point

Please let me know how it goes as I'll be applying in the next couple of weeks.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear, put back until Monday.... apparently they need to shut your present service down the day before and I just could not let that happen today! Will update when up and running!
Old Aug 26th 2016, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oddly they managed to upgrade it before the weekend anyway..... here's the Ookla result:

Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

AWESOME
Old Aug 27th 2016, 5:36 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of interest....do you find speed varies depending on the device you are using? I've just got TIME. Very variable speeds. I have rather old devices (must upgrade) but my ailing laptop claims to be getting 100+ Mbps . My ancient IPad gives variable speeds between 47 and 70 Mbps . I'm a bit clueless.

Mind.....it's all better than the 8 Mbps I was getting from TM Streamyx before it conked out completely
Old Aug 27th 2016, 6:38 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geedee
Oddly they managed to upgrade it before the weekend anyway..... here's the Ookla result:

AWESOME
Your ping looks a little slow geedee:-

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Just out of interest....do you find speed varies depending on the device you are using? I've just got TIME. Very variable speeds. I have rather old devices (must upgrade) but my ailing laptop claims to be getting 100+ Mbps . My ancient IPad gives variable speeds between 47 and 70 Mbps . I'm a bit clueless.

Mind.....it's all better than the 8 Mbps I was getting from TM Streamyx before it conked out completely
There will be a difference between, say,a PC connected to the router via ethernet cable and an iPad connected via wifi and bouncing around a few internal walls.

All these figures reflect your local connection speeds, once you are connecting to websites in other continents you are constrained by many other factors and you may well see throughput not similar to your old 10mbps connection.
Old Aug 27th 2016, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

I luv popping in to these threads.
In Singapore I use the FREE 1 Mbps internet service.
It gives me everything I could possibly want.
I watch BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, youtube, Live sports on many different internet channels and live TV all WITHOUT any buffering. Smooth as smooth could be.
I can't give you my ookla as I'm in UK at the moment but there must be a few of my ookla speed test results somewhere in other threads.

Only problem is whenever I return to Singapore it takes quite a while to update windows, firefox etc etc etc, but when that's done I'm fine for everything.

So yah boo sucks.

Oh and I use a wifi connection which for my desktop travels through 3 solid pc concrete internal walls and I can use my desktop. laptop and internet on the tv watching films and BBC etc all at the same time without any buffering.
Dunno why this is, it just is.

Last edited by ex reg; Aug 27th 2016 at 7:38 am.
Old Aug 27th 2016, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

8 on Streamyx! Wow, we were lucky to get 2! When the phone cable didn't break that is! We're all wifi here (apart from the cable from modem to wireless router) and it does vary with where you are and how fast the wifi card is in your device. Anything before 802 n (I think) is 54 Mbps or less I believe.

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
Your ping looks a little slow geedee:-

There will be a difference between, say,a PC connected to the router via ethernet cable and an iPad connected via wifi and bouncing around a few internal walls.

All these figures reflect your local connection speeds, once you are connecting to websites in other continents you are constrained by many other factors and you may well see throughput not similar to your old 10mbps connection.
My ping probably had to get to Singapore via the Second Link

Originally Posted by ex reg
I luv popping in to these threads.
In Singapore I use the FREE 1 Mbps internet service.
It gives me everything I could possibly want.
I watch BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, youtube, Live sports on many different internet channels and live TV all WITHOUT any buffering. Smooth as smooth could be.
I can't give you my ookla as I'm in UK at the moment but there must be a few of my ookla speed test results somewhere in other threads.

Only problem is whenever I return to Singapore it takes quite a while to update windows, firefox etc etc etc, but when that's done I'm fine for everything.

So yah boo sucks.

Oh and I use a wifi connection which for my desktop travels through 3 solid pc concrete internal walls and I can use my desktop. laptop and internet on the tv watching films and BBC etc all at the same time without any buffering.
Dunno why this is, it just is.
I wish I could say the same. It might be all to do with bandwidth and number of users. In our old place it was impossible to stream movies from iTunes or Netflix, BBC iPlayer wouldn't work, kids had trouble logging on to homework sites (so they said). Total nightmare!
The 20 Mbps service was fine.... never had any issues with it. But, for an extra MYR35 per month, it was a no brainer really, especially as I'm thinking of signing up to a cloud-based backup service. The better the speed the faster the backing up! But we are paying for it!! And it isn't cheap compared to Singapore.

Last edited by geedee; Aug 27th 2016 at 9:30 am.
Old Aug 27th 2016, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

But we are paying for it!! And it isn't cheap compared to Singapore.
From what I can see in Singapore you can get 1Gbps for between RM120 and 150 pm.
But as everywhere there are so many different deals you can go bonkers trying to find the best.
I seldom if ever use a smart phone but again trying to find the best deal for me is virtually impossible because every provider has numerous different deals available.

Do providers do this on purpose to confuse people???
Old Aug 27th 2016, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ex reg
From what I can see in Singapore you can get 1Gbps for between RM120 and 150 pm.
But as everywhere there are so many different deals you can go bonkers trying to find the best.
I seldom if ever use a smart phone but again trying to find the best deal for me is virtually impossible because every provider has numerous different deals available.

Do providers do this on purpose to confuse people???
Yes, that makes my eyes water.... 10X the speed for about a third of the price! Never mind... our rent is cheaper!!

I've kind of given up looking for best deals... there's always a catch. I now just look for something that will work and is not too unreasonable. Sad eh??
Old Aug 27th 2016, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes, that makes my eyes water.... 10X the speed for about a third of the price! Never mind... our rent is cheaper!!
So are your cars, petrol and I've heard a whisper that buying property in Malaysia is cheaper than Singapore.
Find it hard to believe though.
Old Aug 27th 2016, 10:57 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Internet stuff actually

Gosh, I've never considered my Ping

Yeh well bully for you ExReg but we are all in Malaysia where life generally is a fraction of the cost of Singapore. But, there ya go, some things better in Sing. Some things better in Malaysia. That is life eh.

IVV, I'm totally using the wifi not ether but....noted...thanks. I can see there is a plethora of variables here.
Old Aug 27th 2016, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Scratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond repute

8 on Streamyx! Wow, we were lucky to get 2!
It's the same for me in rural Johor. Whenever I test my Streamyx connection it always falls short of 2Mbps.

Scratcher
Old Aug 28th 2016, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Internet stuff actually

Gosh, I've never considered my Ping

Yeh well bully for you ExReg but we are all in Malaysia where life generally is a fraction of the cost of Singapore. But, there ya go, some things better in Sing. Some things better in Malaysia. That is life eh.

IVV, I'm totally using the wifi not ether but....noted...thanks. I can see there is a plethora of variables here.
Don't be like that bb.
I've got to find something to say in the Malaysia forum as the Singapore one is very quiet. Too quiet.
Old Aug 28th 2016, 9:16 am

Yeh sorry, should have put the smilie on there. I was down in Sing a couple of weeks ago but I cannot think of much to say about it....well, I was either partying or recovering....or shopping of course.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.