Unifi Access Leisure Farm

Old Mar 14th 2016, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

deanoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Unifi Access Leisure Farm

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
I use TIME fibre and went for the 10Mbps option. I can boost up to 50Mbps plus they gave 100Mbps for free last Xmas and New Year. But here's the thing; you don't really notice the extra speed so much unless there are several of you using the same broadband connection. I guess there are bottlenecks further down the line, as it were, so 10Mbps is adequate if you are the only one using the connection.

I am mainly streaming TV and torrenting.
Appreciate the input InVinoVeritas. I have been told to rule out anything other than Unifi so maybe i'll reconsider my options given the TIME fibre. I guess the fibre cabling still needs to be in place regardless of the ISP, so again, i'll need to do some proper investigations before making my decision.

Thanks everyone so far... Really interesting stuff.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deanoman
I've just had a quick look at TIME and it looks like it doesn't cover Leisure Farm..Maybe i've put the wrong address in but it doesn't seem promising. 100MB is more than i could wish for, but the data cap, even though generous, is a bit of a put off. Do you top it up if you go over or is it a case of 'that's your lot'?
I am sorry for causing confusion. I am located in Penang and am not familiar with the coverage by TIME in other parts of the country. I opted for a lower speed (10 Mbit/s) but uncapped. I knew that my actual internet usage does not require speeds above 10 Mbit/s.
Old Mar 16th 2016, 8:23 am
Just Joined

No worries SushiFan. It's good to know about TIME anyway. Admittedly, i went through a 'coverage check' on their site and it doesn't seem to be available in the place where i'm looking to rent. Mind you, that could be due to a misplaced digit or incorrect address sequence...
Old Mar 16th 2016, 8:30 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

No worries SushiFan. It's good to know about TIME anyway. Admittedly, i went through a 'coverage check' on their site and it doesn't seem to be available in the place where i'm looking to rent. Mind you, that could be due to a misplaced digit or incorrect address sequence...
My condo is still not in their coverage search database and I've had fibre for a year now. Maybe try emailing them?
Old Mar 16th 2016, 8:33 am
Just Joined

Good thinking, it's always better to deal with humans than bots
Old Mar 16th 2016, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again Deanoman

Good news from Harlow Lad about BWV.... I wasn't sure about that precinct.

Unifi now goes up to 50mbps here, but I've heard that's download only... upload is slower.

We have the 20 option (it was the fastest at the time) and it's been no issue. We watch Netflix without pauses, rent movies from iTunes in HD, no issues, spot on really. I've had to switch the box off / on again maybe 5 or 6 times in 7 months when things suddenly start hanging. Does the job!

East Ledang is all Unifi too. Horizon Hills I believe is some parts only.... again, check with the agent!
Old Mar 16th 2016, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by geedee
Hi again Deanoman

Good news from Harlow Lad about BWV.... I wasn't sure about that precinct.

Unifi now goes up to 50mbps here, but I've heard that's download only... upload is slower.

We have the 20 option (it was the fastest at the time) and it's been no issue. We watch Netflix without pauses, rent movies from iTunes in HD, no issues, spot on really. I've had to switch the box off / on again maybe 5 or 6 times in 7 months when things suddenly start hanging. Does the job!

East Ledang is all Unifi too. Horizon Hills I believe is some parts only.... again, check with the agent!
Hi Geedee,

Thanks so much for your update on this.

This broadband issue has genuinely been doing my head in. I realise it makes me appear like i'm an internet addict that should be carted off to a distant military-style boot camp far away from computers, but trust me I do have an offline life too... Well, at least i did the last time they discharged from the camp

50mbps is much more than i could have hoped for. I was quite honestly thinking that 10mbps was a bit of an unrealistic ask, but 50 is great stuff. Flicking the switch a few times a year will be the tiniest of inconveniences

I'm still very keen on LF but it's good to know that the HH and EL are Unifi connected. It's a good fallback if things don't work out with LF.

Cheers
Old Mar 17th 2016, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

This broadband issue has genuinely been doing my head in. I realise it makes me appear like i'm an internet addict that should be carted off to a distant military-style boot camp far away from computers, but trust me I do have an offline life too... Well, at least i did the last time they discharged from the camp
Don't worry, in the current society is a proper internet connection just as essential as electricity and tap water. I don't think you qualify yet for a boot camp.
Old Mar 19th 2016, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SushiFan
Don't worry, in the current society is a proper internet connection just as essential as electricity and tap water. I don't think you qualify yet for a boot camp.
Exactly! The kids are doing more and more homework on the internet (e.g Mathletics). I am working from "home office" much more and a solid, fast internet connection is a must have, not a luxury. Email is replacing the voice phone these days!

Last edited by geedee; Mar 19th 2016 at 2:13 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2016, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute

geedee,
'these days' may soon be gone :-)

Why Email Will Be Obsolete by 2020 | Inc.com
Old Mar 21st 2016, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

I agree with that view and believe that email is losing its popularity to other means of communication. It stems from an era when digital communication was done with desktop computers. Nowadays is most communications done with mobile devices such as phones and tablets and email doesn't fit that form factor very well. Here in Malaysia I'm hardly ever being asked whether I have email, but am always being asked whether I'm using WhatsApp.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 7:38 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quick update that TIME have now upgraded their basic fibre package to 100Mbps with no limit on data. The price is the same as the old 10Mbps service.

They also offer a 300Mbps and 500Mbps service.
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

That is indeed a substantial change.
Old Mar 29th 2016, 4:39 am
Just Joined

azinamoto is an unknown quantity at this point

Unifi also available in Pinggiran Bayou Village precinct.
Old Mar 29th 2016, 4:59 am
Just Joined

Good to know that azinamoto!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.