British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Nusajaya - Iskandar - Johor (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nusajaya-iskandar-johor-200/)
-   -   Moving to Nusajaya (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nusajaya-iskandar-johor-200/moving-nusajaya-919618/)

Lapirtis Nov 26th 2018 8:09 am

Moving to Nusajaya

We are moving to Nudajays February 2019. We are around 60 years old. We want to rent an apartment. I have seen that there are some nice apartments near the harbor.
Does anyone know if it is a nice place to live for us? And how are the shopping facilities there? And what about restaurants?
Lilian

Thairetired2016 Nov 26th 2018 10:53 am

Re: Moving to Nusajaya

Originally Posted by Lapirtis (Post 12599437)
We are moving to Nudajays February 2019. We are around 60 years old. We want to rent an apartment. I have seen that there are some nice apartments near the harbor.
Does anyone know if it is a nice place to live for us? And how are the shopping facilities there? And what about restaurants?
Lilian

Ask yourself what you want to do with your time and investgate if Nusajaya offers what you want.First of all go and see the place and stay for a while before you move for good.

Lapirtis Nov 26th 2018 11:02 am

Hi Thairetired2016
Thanks for your reply . We are moving because my husband has got a new job. We cannot go and have a look before February. I just want to know if anyone have some experience with this area around the harbor. Lilian

ex reg Nov 28th 2018 12:40 am

We live in Singapore and used to go across the second link quite regularly to drive up to Malacca or just look around and shop and eat in Johore/Nusajaya.
But we haven't been across for a few years now for various reasons. I used to work in Johor Bahru .

Anyway we always went and looked at Puteri Harbour which was growing quickly and had a lot of restaurants but not too many shops and no supermarkets, last time we were there anyway. Supermarkets are available within a 15 minute drive of PH although compared to Singapore they are poor and Singapore supermarkets compared to UK are poor.

There are BE members who live there but the forum is not viewed much these days so maybe you won't get and answer from anyone with real experience there.

If you are moving for employment reasons then OK although I wouldn't move there for retirement.

I'm sure you must have looked at online house rental sites in order to get an idea of what is availble.

geedee Nov 29th 2018 12:35 pm

Hi Lilian

Depends where you're moving from how much of a shock it will be...... Puteri Harbour is actually quite nice, there are a few restaurants, a 7/11 type store, a wine shop. Within an easy drive are a couple of delis, a supermarket called Jaya (which is actually better than Cold Storage!) coffee shops etc.

If you're coming in from a medium sized UK town it will be quite a shock at how little there is here.

But, it's an adventure, Malaysians are generally nice, and we like it here. Good luck with your move.

JayPun Jan 14th 2019 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by Lapirtis (Post 12599437)
Lilian

If you prefer a more vivid place, I would recommend you to stay in Bukit indah area. This area surrounded by eateries shop, retail outlet and Aeon/Tesco.
15 mins driving distance to Iskandar area.

Puteri Harbour is a great option as well. personally I’ll suggest you to go for Teega residence.

hope it helps!

cheers
jay