British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Nusajaya - Iskandar - Johor (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nusajaya-iskandar-johor-200/)
-   -   Maid/helper in Nusajaya area (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nusajaya-iskandar-johor-200/maid-helper-nusajaya-area-807113/)

Tjames Aug 25th 2013 3:15 pm

Maid/helper in Nusajaya area

Hi, we've recently moved to Nusajaya and are looking for a full time live in/out helper. Does anybody have any contacts? Please let me know. Thanks

mfwarren Oct 27th 2013 11:19 pm

Re: Maid/helper in Nusajaya area

Hi there,

Does anyone have any contacts for a part-time maid or cleaning company willing to come to the East Ledang/Ledang Heights area?

ATMLedang Dec 31st 2013 1:26 am

Hey mfwarren

We are looking as well. However we are looking at part time cleaner and was told we need to contact cleaning agency. Will let you know if we can find one and pass you the info/contact in case they also provide full time maid service.

If you do find one please let us know.

Cherios...

mfwarren Jan 1st 2014 11:13 am

Hi ATMLedang,

Thanks for the reply.

We are also looking for a part-time helper now. So yes, please share any leads you may have.

ATMLedang Jan 2nd 2014 1:44 am

No problem... will share once (if) found one :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

geedee Jan 31st 2014 12:53 am

Anyone have any luck with an agency or part timer?

kishmalik Feb 6th 2014 2:17 am

hey guys -you can add me to the list of looking for a maid. we are looking for full-time but not live-in, someone that's good with kids. Chances are, we will have to go through a few maids before we find one for kids. I will happily pass those on to you guys on this thread.

geedee Feb 6th 2014 1:39 pm

Sounds like there's a good business opportunity waiting for someone!

ex reg Feb 6th 2014 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by geedee (Post 11116375)
Sounds like there's a good business opportunity waiting for someone!

We are in the process of changing our maid here in Singapore. She is leaving after 6 years to marry.

My missus has done the work searching for a new maid.

She went to a small Mall close to where we leave.

There are over 30 maid agencies there.

We went along on the 5th Feb to sign some forms and there were hundreds of maids sitting around in the agencies as the 5th of the month is when maids arrive in Singapore and most of them if not all are already assigned to an employer.

When you are aware of the fees charged by agencies here and what the maid's probably have to pay the agency in Indonesia under the table etc etc then you realise that this is a multi billion dollar business.

Harlow Lad Feb 9th 2014 3:08 am

Anyone have new info? I've heard that they charge up to RM10k in agent fees. We in the process of finding one as well. But I've heard that Malaysia and Indo governor sign an agreement for capping the fee from RM8k lower to RM7.8k. I think thats a lot of scammers around.

kishmalik Feb 9th 2014 3:50 am

I personally haven't looked into any agency; my experience in other countries corroborates with my understanding in this country, that it's expensive and corrupt. Most people I know here have found a maid through word-of-mouth, and while that has its own headaches I'm looking to try that route first. But please, for those of you looking to go through an agency, I'd love to know what your experiences are, in case I have to go that route.

bellynbella Feb 12th 2014 6:43 am

I will join the camp of looking for a maid/nanny! Im am moving with just myself and two kids (6 & 2) to Nusajaya -ish area but i'll be working in Singapore. For this reason i am looking for either a full time or live-in. I'd prefer a recommendation. Anyone?

ATMLedang Feb 26th 2014 6:17 am

Hi geedee and all...

It's been a while since I last updated. After 2+ months of searching I finally found a cleaning company who provides part time cleaning service!!!! Contract started yesterday and its for weekly cleaning services of our 2-storey bungalow so it takes more time/cleaner per week to clean hence slightly more costly than double storey terrraces. His charges between RM1K - RM1.2K. You might need to negotiate a little.

They did cleaning at ours yesterday... the result was very satisfactory. 2- person came to clean and was thorough and careful. I definitely recommend it.

If you are keen to have Part Time cleaning to help with chores here's the contact:
Perfect Cleaning Business
Marcus (used to live in Glasgow for many years) fluent in English... thank goodness!!
Mobile - 0127222284
Remember to say that you are recommended by Amy from Ledang Heights. I'll tell him to quote good rate for those I recommend :)

Hope this helps. Happy Mid Week to ALL!!

kishmalik Feb 26th 2014 6:35 am

that sounds really expensive; 1000 ringgit per week to clean two floors? Is that correct?

I would expect to pay that for a full-time maid that does the cooking also. What does that cleaning include? It sounds like that's the only company you have found right now, but I'll go ahead and ask if you have any other price points to compare it to?

Regardless, thank you for the reference point.

kishmalik Feb 26th 2014 6:51 am

Ah, you were quoting a weekly service but a monthly price. Okay, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for clarifying. and it sounds like that's the only cleaning company you've been able to find, correct? I'm curious as to what other cleaning companies charge. If I talk to any, I'll post as well.