Learning the motor bike

Old May 20th 2016, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

LanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud of
Default Learning the motor bike

Hi all

1. I have got a question on whether there is a training institute for Class 2B licence at/near Nusajaya or somewhere that is accessible by the public yellow bus (CW3/4?) that seems to run around the estate through to the Bukit Indah mall ?

I haven't had any chance of finding a list of institutes in Johor that run these trainings

2. Any one who has had similar experience with having to learn biking in Malaysia - would like to hear how it had been for you, how long it took and how much it cost as an estimate

I have got some ball park figs here; 2-2.5 months and RM 800-1000 as reasonable

3. Someone told me my foreign driving licence would be useful in not having to do the theory tests for biking ???

Appreciate your comments
Old May 20th 2016, 8:44 am
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Learning the motor bike

Hi,

I don't know your area at all (I'm in Penang), and nothing about bikes...
But I suggest you do a search on Google for "driving school johor bahru" and you will then see a map showing the locations of the various schools. There's none on the map in Nusajaya, but several in the Bukit Indah area. I note from their websites that some schools offer a transportation/pick up service that might be handy.

Good luck JC3
Old May 20th 2016, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Depending on your nationality could it be easy to get a Malaysian driver's license. But I don't know whether they would then only give you a license for driving cars, or whether bikes would be included (assuming that your foreign driver's license has bikes included).
Old May 20th 2016, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

LanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud of

Thanks, both
That was a great suggestion, googling with the names on maps.

I did find out this evening after doing a dry run of a van pool (to see if I would like living out there) and interviewing the driver that the most popular driving / biking school is Berjaya

It does cost just about RM 700-800 for the whole thing (wow !)
Old Jul 23rd 2016, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think many bike riders here have ever been anywhere near a riding school. They certainly don't ride like they have.... a family of 5 on a moped is not something that's generally in the road test.
Old Jul 24th 2016, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Scratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond repute

But they are exceptionally good at carrying about 200kg of produce while heading the wrong way down the one way streets.

Scratcher
Old Jul 26th 2016, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scratcher
But they are exceptionally good at carrying about 200kg of produce while heading the wrong way down the one way streets.

Scratcher
Yes, they are!