Johor Bahru Living

Old May 11th 2011, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

sandcastle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Johor Bahru Living

Any suggestions for condos in the Johor Bahru area. I would like to be within 1 km of public transportation. I would like to be able to walk, take public transportation for food, shopping... convenient access to taxis would also be good.

A nice view and a quiet location would be nice - I will be spending a lot of time in my condo reading and writing. I will use the internet a great deal so a fast and reliable internet connection is a must. A nearby basketball court would be great, but I figure I likely won't get that.

I won't be commuting to Singapore but trips into Singapore would be nice occasionally (so if that is convenient and less time that would be a plus).

Straits View Condo seems like it might be nice? Adamai also seems nice? Molek Pines may also?

Do you have any thoughts on Danga Bay and Danga View Apartments? Wadihana Condos?
Old May 19th 2011, 3:47 am
Just Joined

distantsail is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Johor Bahru Living

Hello Sandcastle,
Welcome to the "wild west". In regards to public transportation, please be advised it does not currently exist (plans are in works for Singapore to invest a lot of $ with Johor to facilitate, but this is years away). There are some busses, but they look rather old and do not hold to a schedule per se... As such, you will most likely be in need of a car (you can get a 2nd hand one pretty cheaply), or taxi a lot as I currently do (renting a car next week and then purchasing soon). In regards to nice places. There are some nice places by Danga Bay. I am out by Molek Pine, but I am in a house as I have a dog and they are not allowed in apts or condos (I really wanted a straights view as well, but love the dog too much). I have only been here 2 months but available if you have other questions.
Old May 19th 2011, 4:03 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi distantsail. Don't you find though that folks do keep dogs in condos sometimes? It certainly seems to be the case in Penang. Not actually allowed but folks still do it.
Old May 19th 2011, 9:37 am
Just Joined

distantsail is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Johor Bahru Living

Dear Baked Beans,
They do sometimes, but I feel that Johor is a bit more muslim dominated in regards to such items. In fact I have met at least 7 people so far who have given up their dogs to move into apts or condos (locals). Smaller dogs are ok, but mine is a dog that needs to go for 2 walks a day so smuggling her in and out would be problematic. However, If I had a lot of money I would be opening a dog freindly apt/condo with separate elevators for dog lovers/non dog lovers because there sure is a market. And because the only other place for them to go is landed property, you would have an almost forced tennancy... (or so says the evil western landlord inside:
Old Jul 11th 2011, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

leeshowkee is a jewel in the roughleeshowkee is a jewel in the roughleeshowkee is a jewel in the roughleeshowkee is a jewel in the roughleeshowkee is a jewel in the rough

Hi Distantsail, besides condos, there are houses in the vicinity of Straits View area. Note that it's not the Straits View Condo, but rather, close to Danga Bay or the Petri Condo. I just joined today, and not sure how these threads work, but if you need more details, feel free to check with me or email me, I can check it up further.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 5:10 am
Just Joined

sandcastle is an unknown quantity at this point

please post or private message me any recommendations on agents to help find a condo or house to rent in Johor Bahru.