Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Nusajaya - Iskandar - Johor
Reload this Page >

Johor Bahru expat questions - dentist, doctor...

Johor Bahru expat questions - dentist, doctor...

Old Oct 30th 2011, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

evop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really nice
Default Johor Bahru expat questions - dentist, doctor...

Do expats in JB have suggestions for

- dentist
- place to get vaccination shots
- where to play basketball
- spots to take people that visit (Singapore has many but I am thinking of specifically in Johor - some temples, Islamic Art Museum...)
- are there any book discussion groups people know of?
- or hiking clubs?
Old Oct 30th 2011, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

mnicol has a brilliant futuremnicol has a brilliant futuremnicol has a brilliant futuremnicol has a brilliant futuremnicol has a brilliant futuremnicol has a brilliant futuremnicol has a brilliant future
Default Re: Johor Bahru expat questions - dentist, doctor...

Originally Posted by curiouscat
Do expats in JB have suggestions for

- dentist
- place to get vaccination shots
- where to play basketball
- spots to take people that visit (Singapore has many but I am thinking of specifically in Johor - some temples, Islamic Art Museum...)
- are there any book discussion groups people know of?
- or hiking clubs?
Hi Curious Cat: For Doctors, the best in my opinion is Clinic Australia on Jalang Kuning, behind Plaza Pelangi - he also does vaccinations. Dentist, I have been to the dentist in Holiday Plaza but tend to still go in the UK when I am back every Christmas - there is a Dentist called Dr Lu in Taman Suria next to Suria Mall who I believe is quite good. For basket ball, hiking and book clubs I have no idea sorry.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

evop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really nice

Thanks. One thing I still find weird is how little information is easily online. I expect to put Clinic Australia Johor Bahru into Google and get their website as one of the top few results. I find it odd how limited the use of the internet is by businesses especially since the penetration rate of internet devices (computers and smart phones) is actually very high in Malaysia.

It is not users that are behind. It is the businesses that seem unaware of this internet thing. Over and over again I find very limited information online. Odd.

Most businesses I visit (granted I am talking about retail, more than clinics) seem to have young people sitting around on their cell phone IMing with friends more than 4 hours a day I would guess (at least on the weekdays when Singapore buyers are not in town). Just have one of them spend 1 hour a day on your web site and you will be get business and spending basically nothing.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

You wouldn't happen to have a phone number (or even better email or web site address address) for the clinic would you? The phone number I find online doesn't work.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

mnicol has a brilliant futuremnicol has a brilliant futuremnicol has a brilliant futuremnicol has a brilliant futuremnicol has a brilliant futuremnicol has a brilliant futuremnicol has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by curiouscat
You wouldn't happen to have a phone number (or even better email or web site address address) for the clinic would you? The phone number I find online doesn't work.
I've looked in my address book and I don't have the clinic saved. I usually just turn up (they do shut at strange times so maybe you called then, or did it not ring at all?) - I've tried googling it myself. Is this the nuber you tried?

Clinic Australia
No. 37, Jln Kuning 2, Taman Pelangi, 80400 Johor Bahru, Johor
Phone: 07-331 9380

An alternative clinic you could try is Dr Muru who is Kolam Air (near Thistle).

Klinik Muru
36F, Jln Kolam Air, Taman Kolam Air, 80100 Johor Bahru, Johor
Phone: 07-223 4484

As for finding info online about business etc... in JB - I agree with you completely that it is strange most places don't have websites, especially with the amount of 3G/Wifi usgae you see around! My former company only launced it's website this week and they are a big company on the KL stock exchange!!
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, the number I had was 1 off from that (and just said it was not working). The number you gave worked.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Thanks I went to the Clinic Australia for some vaccinations. Based on my experience I would recommend the Clinic Australia also.