Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Nusajaya - Iskandar - Johor
Reload this Page >

Importing of personal items and work permit

Importing of personal items and work permit

Old May 20th 2017, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Elizabet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Importing of personal items and work permit

Help please. I'm having trouble at my end with shippers outside of Malaysia giving me different information about what I need in Malaysia to bring in my shipment (20 cubic meters, personal / household items only). i will arrive in Malaysia to work but am not sure how long it will take for my work permit to process once I arrive. I would like to know could I clear my shipment just with a letter of 'employment' from my firm or will I need my work permit completed? Any advice greatly appreciated. Do the work permits tend to take some time?
Old May 23rd 2017, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

montakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond reputemontakute has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Importing of personal items and work permit

I've had good experience contacting the Royal Malaysia Customs Department directly for questions about importing.

Their website has a local toll-free number only for the call centre, but they also have an email address so send them an email to ask your question.

If you want to call, you could try calling the headquarters in Putrajaya which is not a local toll free number and perhaps they can redirect the call to the call centre.