Who's patiently waiting ??? (Part 2)

Old Sep 6th 2005, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of
Default Re: Who's patiently waiting ??? (Part 2)

Telephoned DIMIA last night. Please read this thread.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324372
Old Sep 6th 2005, 8:13 am
Avoiding Plates

Gary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really nice

Originally Posted by paulb
Telephoned DIMIA last night. Please read this thread.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324372
EEEEEK!!!

I just got up a little while ago and you've depressed me already.

But....

I generally agree with what the others have been saying in that thread about different people giving different times (perhaps that's the optimist in me wanting to believe that ??).

My official acknowledgement E-mail from DIMIA said:

"Your application will be assessed in approximately 4 months"

and

"The approximate processing time for Skilled Migration applications is 6 months if your occupation is on the Migration Occupations in Demand list"

Did yours say the same thing??

I've got to admit that at the moment I would happily accept this time frame.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gary&Family
EEEEEK!!!

But....

I generally agree with what the others have been saying in that thread about different people giving different times (perhaps that's the optimist in me wanting to believe that ??).

and

"The approximate processing time for Skilled Migration applications is 6 months if your occupation is on the Migration Occupations in Demand list"

Gary

My acknowledgement e mail did not say anything about timescales. I dont know what to think anymore.

Paul
Old Sep 6th 2005, 11:22 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

EEEEEK!!!

But....

and

Gary that sounds promising - must be a new way of acknowledging visa applications - at least they give some sort of indication of timescale at this stage - I never had that on my acknowledgement e-mail. The trouble is for Paul that they change the rules so much and their can be major differences between applications in different months (ie pre/post July 2004 - even though the system improved for post july applicants the pre july folk were left stuck in the old long system - look at poor 'chippy dave' who only recently got his visa!

Was very nice of Alan Paul to phone DIMIA - as he said i'd keep the faith too! But be prepared for a much longer than expected wait - will be a bonus if you get it within the 6-8 month timeframe. I wouldn't be surprised if DIMIA just told you 12 months to keep you quiet - they must get a lot of phonecalls and e-mails.

Keep your chin up,
Lynn
Old Sep 6th 2005, 3:20 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amanda76
not sure if i can be included in your chart????- only at beginning. POsted QNC registration 26th july, awaiting this to send ANMC application!!!

amanda

gary

presuming that me and nurselinsey are not able to go on your chart??? is it not including the other parts of the application?

amanda
Old Sep 6th 2005, 3:49 pm
Avoiding Plates

Gary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really nice

Originally Posted by amanda76
gary

presuming that me and nurselinsey are not able to go on your chart??? is it not including the other parts of the application?

amanda
Oops.

Sorry I didn't reply to you two (wasn't deliberate).

At the moment I'm only putting the main Visa application times on the chart.
In the near future, I may be expanding it (or doing a different page) for ANMC and regional nursing registration bodies.

Sorry (and I'd be delighted to put you on when that Visa application is with DIMIA)
Old Sep 6th 2005, 3:57 pm
Avoiding Plates

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Gary that sounds promising - must be a new way of acknowledging visa applications - at least they give some sort of indication of timescale at this stage - I never had that on my acknowledgement e-mail. The trouble is for Paul that they change the rules so much and their can be major differences between applications in different months (ie pre/post July 2004 - even though the system improved for post july applicants the pre july folk were left stuck in the old long system - look at poor 'chippy dave' who only recently got his visa!

Was very nice of Alan Paul to phone DIMIA - as he said i'd keep the faith too! But be prepared for a much longer than expected wait - will be a bonus if you get it within the 6-8 month timeframe. I wouldn't be surprised if DIMIA just told you 12 months to keep you quiet - they must get a lot of phonecalls and e-mails.

Keep your chin up,
Lynn

I didn't realise my acknowledge was any different to anyone elses (although, it's not as if I had anything to compare it with).

The complete paragraphs, if anyone is interested, were:

"Your application will be assessed in approximately 4 months and your case officer will contact you at this time to advise of the next stage in the process. If you do need to provide additional information relating to your case prior to this, the preferred method of communication is via email to [email protected] .

The approximate processing time for Skilled Migration applications is 6 months if your occupation is on the Migration Occupations in Demand list or is being processed under one of the regional categories. For all other categories the approximate processing time is 9 months."

I really don't know what to make of all this.

I wonder if this is just to stop people phoning again (as you suggested).
(If you think it's gonna take 12 months, you won't be ringing before that time has elapsed, because it won't seem late).

Who knows? I'm now settling in for the long haul.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

I'm still waiting, but not patiently anymore!!!!
If Paul and Bex could just get theirs, it would be more bearable!
Old Sep 11th 2005, 6:52 pm
Avoiding Plates

Originally Posted by Robbo2
I'm still waiting, but not patiently anymore!!!!
If Paul and Bex could just get theirs, it would be more bearable!
I agree totally.

Everyone is hoping they will get their visas so much.

Not only will it be an end to thier waiting, but also (selfishly) an indication to the rest of us that things are moving along.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice

I agree totally.

Everyone is hoping they will get their visas so much.

Not only will it be an end to thier waiting, but also (selfishly) an indication to the rest of us that things are moving along.
Thanks Robbo and Gary and family for your kind wishes... I really hope that we (Paulb and I) are nearly there. I sent our requested additional information 3 weeks ago now, so we should just about be back at the top of the pile again by now

We will see

Cheers again

Becky
Old Sep 13th 2005, 3:25 pm
Avoiding Plates

Originally Posted by bex 66
Thanks Robbo and Gary and family for your kind wishes... I really hope that we (Paulb and I) are nearly there. I sent our requested additional information 3 weeks ago now, so we should just about be back at the top of the pile again by now

We will see

Cheers again

Becky
I've updated the site with todays good news.

Congratulations again Becky
Old Sep 20th 2005, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

alandtrace is on a distinguished road

Hi
Please add details that we've now sent our meds (unrequested) to Sydney -15 September- having had them done in June and waited for med report to accompany them.

Does anyone know what the status is regarding being out of the country at time of visa grant? We will be in NZ then Oz visiting friends for most of November; this will take us to the 5 month mark.
Tracey
Old Sep 20th 2005, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by alandtrace
Hi
Please add details that we've now sent our meds (unrequested) to Sydney -15 September- having had them done in June and waited for med report to accompany them.

Does anyone know what the status is regarding being out of the country at time of visa grant? We will be in NZ then Oz visiting friends for most of November; this will take us to the 5 month mark.
Tracey
I don't think you can be in Australia when they grant you an Australian visa, but I could be wrong. I think you should be ok elsewhere.
Good Luck and have a great holiday!
Old Sep 21st 2005, 6:11 pm
Avoiding Plates

Originally Posted by alandtrace
Hi

Tracey
Updated the site with your details and also added the good news about the latest visa grant (Jaguaruk).

Any more nurses here applied recently that I can add to the timeline???
Old Sep 21st 2005, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

jaguaruk will become famous soon enoughjaguaruk will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Robbo2
I don't think you can be in Australia when they grant you an Australian visa, but I could be wrong. I think you should be ok elsewhere.
Good Luck and have a great holiday!
Hi,

I do know that you will need to let the DIMIA know the dates you will be in Oz as they will not issue visas while you are in the country. This was the information we received from our Agents when we were getting a bit worried as to whether we would get them in time.

Ken

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.