Who's patiently waiting ??? (Part 2)

Old Aug 17th 2005, 9:01 pm
Avoiding Plates

Gary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really nice
Default Who's patiently waiting ??? (Part 2)

Hello all again.

Firstly, a quick explaination for anyone who didn't see the original thread.

Originally, I was wondering who was waiting for their Visa and for how long.

(I'd lost track in the other 2 main threads - Lynnlovessuns "So what stage is everyone at now!? " and Robbo2s "It's gone quiet again!")

Some people had the information in tickers, some in their signatures, some, not at all. Sooooo.......

I asked everyone who was waiting, to post the date of sending their application, type of visa applied for and the date of receiving the acknowledgement e-mail.

When I first started that thread, the idea was to edit the first post regularly and put the timeline information at the top of the thread so that everyone could easily keep track. (That was before I realised that you couldn't edit posts - Doh).
The hope was to have our own simple, mini "austimeline" for the nurses here.

Anyway, I decided to compile the information onto a simple web site and hopefully keep that updated.

The website will be at www.krazy-koalas.com/timeline.htm

Please keep the timeline information coming in.

Also, to give a better perspective, could I possibly ask those people who have already been granted a visa this year to add their information too. (obviously including grant date as well as the info requested above).

Thanks to everyone for helping.

P.S. The reason for creating a new thread was to enable me to put the website address in the first post (therefore making it easier to find).

Last edited by Gary&Family; Aug 17th 2005 at 9:03 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 9:21 pm
Avoiding Plates

Gary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really nice
Default Re: Who's patiently waiting ??? (Part 2)

Could you please also include whether you preloaded either Police Checks or Medicals.

Thanks
Old Aug 17th 2005, 9:32 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gary&Family
Could you please also include whether you preloaded either Police Checks or Medicals.

Thanks
Granted Visa in 2002 and thought we'd got it quick then. Approx 9 months (that was fast tracted back in the old days). Waited until we were asked to provide police checks and meds as they were only valid for one year so may have had to validate pretty quick.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Aug 18th 2005, 5:40 am
Just Joined

jacksma is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's my timeline (as far as I remember)

Oct 2004 - Reregistered with NBWA
Dec 2004 - modified skills assessment
Feb 2005 - Applied for skilled independent visa
Mar 4 2005 - received by DIMIA
May 2005 - applied for police checks (unrequested) received 22.05.05
June 6 2005 DIMIA request police checks, medicals and a more copies of children and husbands passport
June 12 2005 - medicals done, needed extra info from paediatrician about my daughters medical history
July 17 2005 - all info sent.
Aug 12 2005 - got it!!!

We are hoping to go to Perth mid/end of September, I have given my notice at work and last day will be 2 September.
Good luck to all those who are waiting, it does eventually happen it just feels like forever.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 7:45 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

136 independent:
24/03/05 skills assessment sent to ANMC
27/04/05 Positive recieved from ANMC (granted 21/04/05)
29/04/05 Main application sent, received 05/05/05
09/05/05 Acknowledgment e-mail from DIMIA
03/06/05 Police clearance letters received and sent unrequested
29/06/05 X-rays done unrequested
08/07/05 Medicals done unrequested, blood in my urine!!!
15/07/05 Medicals sent
03/08/05 Sydney require more tests because of blood in urine, 28 day deadline! appointments for an IVU and flexible cystoscopy (eeww!) next week.

Mandi, Husband and 2 girls (6 years and 16 years)
Old Aug 18th 2005, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

alandtrace is on a distinguished road

Hello all again.

(I'd lost track in the other 2 main threads - Lynnlovessuns "So what stage is everyone at now!? " and Robbo2s "It's gone quiet again!")

Some people had the information in tickers, some in their signatures, some, not at all. Sooooo.......

I asked everyone who was waiting, to post the date of sending their application, type of visa applied for and the date of receiving the acknowledgement e-mail.

When I first started that thread, the idea was to edit the first post regularly and put the timeline information at the top of the thread so that everyone could easily keep track. (That was before I realised that you couldn't edit posts - Doh).

Anyway, I decided to compile the information onto a simple web site and hopefully keep that updated.

Also, to give a better perspective, could I possibly ask those people who have already been granted a visa this year to add their information too. (obviously including grant date as well as the info requested above).

P.S. The reason for creating a new thread was to enable me to put the website address in the first post (therefore making it easier to find).
Hi
What a great idea; saves having to log on to austimeline.com. Keep up the good work
Tracey
Old Aug 18th 2005, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

chaddyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Who's patiently waiting ??? (Part 2)

We lodge tomorrow so will have to enter ourselves on your spreadsheet!!

I notice that a lot of people on there already have done their medicals in advance. Is this very advantageous?

Can anyone help me ith my worries re being quite overweight? Haven't had medical yet an don't have any associated weight problems like diabetes or high cholesterol, but am still worried this may put an end to our dreams........

Hello all again.

Old Aug 18th 2005, 7:13 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

2/2/05 136 SI Application recieved at ASPC (frontloaded with PCC)

3/2/05 E-mail acknowledgement recieved inc. case number

3/2/05 Credit card debited by ASPC

4/4/05 Medicals sent unrequested by Dr (should of been sent 2 months earlier, at my request, but cock up on Gp's part meant they sat on desk for 2 months - meds still hadn't been requested anyhow)

29/4/05 GOT THE VISA GRANT E-MAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to grant from submission = 12 weeks 1 day!

Last edited by lynnlovessun; Aug 18th 2005 at 7:16 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 7:34 pm
Avoiding Plates

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
2/2/05 136 SI Application recieved at ASPC (frontloaded with PCC)

3/2/05 E-mail acknowledgement recieved inc. case number

3/2/05 Credit card debited by ASPC

4/4/05 Medicals sent unrequested by Dr (should of been sent 2 months earlier, at my request, but cock up on Gp's part meant they sat on desk for 2 months - meds still hadn't been requested anyhow)

29/4/05 GOT THE VISA GRANT E-MAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to grant from submission = 12 weeks 1 day!
And I'm still jealous everytime I read that !

Old Aug 18th 2005, 7:39 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

And I'm still jealous everytime I read that !

Will soon be your turn!!!! Is that all the info you need?

Lynn
Old Aug 18th 2005, 7:46 pm
Avoiding Plates

Originally Posted by chaddyb

I notice that a lot of people on there already have done their medicals in advance. Is this very advantageous?

Can anyone help me ith my worries re being quite overweight? Haven't had medical yet an don't have any associated weight problems like diabetes or high cholesterol, but am still worried this may put an end to our dreams........
Welcome aboard. Give me all the details and I'll add you to the happy waiting crowd.

There are pros and cons to doing medicals unrequested.

Pros:
No delay when DIMIA get round to your application - your medcals are there and they don't have to wait for them to be posted. Therefore, in theory, quicker processing of your application.
Also, only approved GPs can do the medicals and some have quite a wait to get in for one (ours had a 6 week wait). If you wait for the request, it could cause a significant delay.

Cons:
When your visa is granted, you are given a date by which you must enter Australia to validate it. This date is typically 1 year from the date of the medicals or police checks.
If there is a significant delay in processing your appliction, for whatever reason, you may be left with very little time to organise validation, or worse still, you may have to get the medicals done again.

This is by no means definitive and I welcome any further comments, additions or corrections from others.

Sorry I can't comment on the weight issue, I really don't know.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 7:48 pm
Avoiding Plates

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Will soon be your turn!!!! Is that all the info you need?

Lynn
Yes, thanks very much.

I just wanted to maintain a simple, but hopefully useful, timeline for nurses here.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chaddyb

People generally only fail medicals for 2 reasons.

1. If you have a communicable disease like TB

2. If you physical condition/problem is likely to lead to significant costs to the health care system. The rule of thumb is costs in treatment etc of approx $20,000 over 3-5 years.

Being overweight is not a problem in itself. It could only be a problem if you have associated problems that are costly.

So STOP WORRYING. There are far more important isues to worry about......like the exchange rate for example, although that is getting better
Do a search of the forum for more reassurance.

Good luck.

Paul
Old Aug 18th 2005, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Ang

Come on, where are you. Can your details be added??

Paul
Old Aug 19th 2005, 11:19 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulb
Ang

Come on, where are you. Can your details be added??

Paul
Hi you Im here sorry about the delay

OK here we go

136 skilled gen ind - nurse

QNC sent 21/01/05
QNC received back 22/03/05
Police checks sent for 14/01/05
Police checkd recieved back 05/02/05
ANMC modified assesment sent 24/03/05
ANMC positive skills assesed received back 09/04/05
DIMIA app sent off 13/04/05
Credit card debited 27/04/05
DIMIA acknowledgemtn email 05/05/05
Meds done unrequested 27/05/05
DHL delivered meds in Sydney 31/05/05
Got CO 08/08/05
Sent form 1022 as requested by DHL and received in ADELAIDE 15/08/05

Thats all I have for now until I get the magic email which I hope will be soon......

Cheers for today Paul appreciated.

Ang

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.