Who's going to Oz II

Old Aug 23rd 2004, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Who's going to Oz II

Hi just thought I would join in - hubby and I are planning to go to Brisbane. Hopefully either later this year or early next year. We have our visas, just waiting with baited breath on the house sale going through, fingers crossed it goes ok. PLan is to rent somewhere for a couple of months after this, then move out late dec, earlyu jan

Good luck with all your visa applications.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

AngnPaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by neil&momo
Hi Angie and Paul,
just read you are going to Perth, we want to go to Perth but we don't think Hubbie can get work as a paramedic. So we are heading to Brisbane we think! Fremantle hospital is great I worked there in 2000 for 3 months on various wards and departments for an agency. I loved the place. Loads of british expats work there. They are so friendly in Freo. Have you been before? Just thought I'd let you know how great it is.
Good Luck Marie

Hi Marie, thanks for the info. We haven't been to Freo before. Infact we haven't been to Australia before. Infact i have never flown further than Dublin (and i only did that last year!!). It looks fantastic on the TV and we were up for an adventure. If we don't do it now we may never do it. Almost every person i have told has told me about somebody they know who has done it and loves it and never wants to come back. That many people can't be wrong!
We decided that even if we hate it (as if!!)we will stick it for 2 years.
We have 3 boys and they are really excited too. They mention it at least once a day.
How slowly the days go when waiting for a visa!

Angie
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AngnPaul
Hi Marie, thanks for the info. We haven't been to Freo before. Infact we haven't been to Australia before. Infact i have never flown further than Dublin (and i only did that last year!!). It looks fantastic on the TV and we were up for an adventure. If we don't do it now we may never do it. Almost every person i have told has told me about somebody they know who has done it and loves it and never wants to come back. That many people can't be wrong!
We decided that even if we hate it (as if!!)we will stick it for 2 years.
We have 3 boys and they are really excited too. They mention it at least once a day.
How slowly the days go when waiting for a visa!

Angie
You go for it. It's the best thing you will ever do. It's the best place in our opinion to bring up children. We have a 12month old boy. We plan on having 1 or 2 more babies once we settle in Oz, but for now we are just trying to get there. I just wish we could go to WA, never mind once Neil gets Ozzy paramedic experience in NSW or Queensland we should have more chance getting to WA eventually.
Just don't let the first few months put you off! We hated Oz for the first 2 months, I packed my rucksack a few times saying I'm going home, but we stuck it out and loved it, we didn't want to come home but we were only on a WHV and we had a house to sell in the UK, so we went home got married had a baby and sent in the application, now just waiting to get there, we are hoping to be there April 2005 if all goes well. Well thats our story anybody got their stories to tell?
Hope all goes well for you Good Luck Marie
Old Aug 30th 2004, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by vicky o
Let me know how you get on with auspost.

Vicky
Hi Vicky ...
THANKS for your help.
I got hold of AusPost, who confirmed all I needed to know about the delivery arriving .... (Got back to me within two days!)

Forwarded it all to our case officer, and to dimia generic email ....... NOTHING! No read/deilvery recipt, n reply ... so we've had to have them done again. meds on Wednesday, and now there's huge confusion about the delivery address being supplied by DIMIA as being incorrect !
Old Aug 30th 2004, 2:17 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by AngnPaul
Hi Vicky, notice that you are going to Perth. Where abouts? We are also going to Perth. Paul has a job at Fremantle hospital so we are thinking about Rockingham at the moment. We will decide proper once we get there and can look around. Still waiting for our visa though

Angie

Sorry, only just seen this post. We're hopefully going to settle in Kalamunda/Lesmurdie area as we are hoping for a particular school, but who knows where the wind will take us?
Old Aug 30th 2004, 2:19 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ecando
Hi Vicky ...
THANKS for your help.
I got hold of AusPost, who confirmed all I needed to know about the delivery arriving .... (Got back to me within two days!)

Forwarded it all to our case officer, and to dimia generic email ....... NOTHING! No read/deilvery recipt, n reply ... so we've had to have them done again. meds on Wednesday, and now there's huge confusion about the delivery address being supplied by DIMIA as being incorrect !
That's a real bummer, Jez. I'm so sorry you're having to do it all again. Hopefully, they will speed you up because they mucked up!
Old Aug 30th 2004, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vicky o
That's a real bummer, Jez. I'm so sorry you're having to do it all again. Hopefully, they will speed you up because they mucked up!

The only problem is that I can't get anyone to admit to anything! It's all quiet at ASPC, and don't want to piss them off too much (yet)!

I'm thinking of phoning tonight and see if i can get any joy out of them ... but I'm not holding out too much hope of that !
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Hi Jez,
sorry to hear of your problems with your application - just catching up with alll the news after hols. Hope you get some good news soon. Chin up and all that.
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RAG62
Hi Jez,
sorry to hear of your problems with your application - just catching up with alll the news after hols. Hope you get some good news soon. Chin up and all that.
Well ... not too worry eh!? All re done .... and posted ... and somewhere on route! It's only money afterall ... and I have my own John Bull printing set, which seems to do a good job!
Glad you had a great holiday ... wot did ya buy me?