British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/)
-   -   Who's going to Oz II (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/whos-going-oz-ii-247893/)

ecando Aug 10th 2004 6:24 pm

Who's going to Oz II

Well ... it's been a while since we had an update all round .... So here goes!
Post 1st July Application
Visa application etc in Adelaide, application signed for on 19th July, CC debited 22nd July. THAT was so :cool:. Except today the bloody credit card bill turned up, so now I've gotta pay it! :p
No acknowledgement letter yet .. but not looking, or worrying about it yet(honest :D)
House and (my) car sold, in rented ... so not much to hold us up ...

Going to Brisbane ....

Jez

ecando Aug 11th 2004 6:20 pm

Re: Who's going to Oz II

Originally Posted by ecando
Well ... it's been a while since we had an update all round .... So here goes!
Post 1st July Application
Visa application etc in Adelaide, application signed for on 19th July, CC debited 22nd July. THAT was so :cool:. Except today the bloody credit card bill turned up, so now I've gotta pay it! :p
No acknowledgement letter yet .. but not looking, or worrying about it yet(honest :D)
House and (my) car sold, in rented ... so not much to hold us up ...

Going to Brisbane ....

Jez

Ok ... if this is gonna be my own thread ( :p ) .....
Got the acknowledgement letter today ... sweeeeeet ! :beer: tonight!

arnie2oz Aug 11th 2004 7:39 pm

Ok ... if this is gonna be my own thread ( :p ) .....
Got the acknowledgement letter today ... sweeeeeet ! :beer: tonight!

Well done! Another step forward;
Yes - I think I'll join you in spirit, and go now and open something large & alcoholic!!
:beer:
Drinking alone :( how sad am I ?????????)- don't answer that

ecando Aug 11th 2004 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by arnie2oz
Well done! Another step forward;
Yes - I think I'll join you in spirit, and go now and open something large & alcoholic!!
:beer:
Drinking alone :( how sad am I ?????????)- don't answer that

Already WELL down a bottle of Gin ! :D :D Just ordered a chinise, as I'm 'working from home' tomorrow :D

When Nikki back, and Laura wants to know why she trippin off to Oz??

arnie2oz Aug 11th 2004 9:22 pm

Already WELL down a bottle of Gin ! :D :D Just ordered a chinise, as I'm 'working from home' tomorrow :D

When Nikki back, and Laura wants to know why she trippin off to Oz??

Nikki's back Monday pm - She went to the Annual International Nursing Conference in Sydney - something about presenting a paper! - (shopping I think!)

nikkers Aug 12th 2004 12:01 am

Originally Posted by arnie2oz
Nikki's back Monday pm - She went to the Annual International Nursing Conference in Sydney - something about presenting a paper! - (shopping I think!)

GRAHAM

what are you doing on all these threads????

Hiya Jez

Am I lucky or what I'm in the International Cancer Conference!!! which just happens to be in Sydney.I've presented a paper so work have paid for my flight and this conference how lucky am I!!!!

Its wonderful here and i want to stay I may not come back.......

Great about your acknowledgement did it say how long it will take???

we have free internet in the conference so thought I'd check up see if anyone had got their visa's!!

Tass you will love it here!!!!Blue sunny skies everyday and its winter!

Nikki x

arnie2oz Aug 12th 2004 5:54 am

Originally Posted by nikkers

So.....
not missing home then?????????
:D

ecando Aug 12th 2004 10:16 am

Originally Posted by nikkers
GRAHAM

what are you doing on all these threads????

Hiya Jez

Am I lucky or what I'm in the International Cancer Conference!!! which just happens to be in Sydney.I've presented a paper so work have paid for my flight and this conference how lucky am I!!!!

Great about your acknowledgement did it say how long it will take???

we have free internet in the conference so thought I'd check up see if anyone had got their visa's!!

Tass you will love it here!!!!Blue sunny skies everyday and its winter!

Nikki x

Sounds bloody great ! :D

We do have a 'fly in the ointment' ..... :(
We told case officer that our meds have been there for a while ... they came back with "Sorry no record of them ... hope they turn up in a month!" :confused: Don't know whether to start the process all over again, or to tough it out?

Tass Aug 17th 2004 9:51 pm

[QUOTE=ecando]Sounds bloody great ! :D

We told case officer that our meds have been there for a while ... they came back with "Sorry no record of them ... hope they turn up in a month!"

Jez !!! Thought you were keeping things quite ! A CASE OFFICER ???? You show off !! The rest of us PRE -JULYS have an acknowledgement and thats it !
Seriously , hope they find them soon .
Regards Tass. :)

neil&momo Aug 18th 2004 12:16 am

Hi,
we sent our application in end of june. Credit card debited but thats it!! No aknowledgement or anything should I be worried!! Did you see the thread on the other forum about Nurses applications now taking 6-8 months!! Whats happening!?
Marie

vicky o Aug 18th 2004 6:29 am

Sounds bloody great ! :D

We do have a 'fly in the ointment' ..... :(
We told case officer that our meds have been there for a while ... they came back with "Sorry no record of them ... hope they turn up in a month!" :confused: Don't know whether to start the process all over again, or to tough it out?

Let me know how you get on with auspost.

Vicky

Tass Aug 20th 2004 9:44 pm

"Sorry no record of them ... hope they turn up in a month!" :confused:

Jez , just had a thought , you're POST JULY so medicals should be sent to Sydney ?? and not ASPC where you sent yours. Are they looking in the wrong place ? :eek:
I'm sure you've already brought this to their attention but hey ! just a thought ! :)

ecando Aug 21st 2004 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Tass
"Sorry no record of them ... hope they turn up in a month!" :confused:

Jez , just had a thought , you're POST JULY so medicals should be sent to Sydney ?? and not ASPC where you sent yours. Are they looking in the wrong place ? :eek:
I'm sure you've already brought this to their attention but hey ! just a thought ! :)

Hi Tass...

We we planning to be a pre July 1st application, but problems at ANC ....

Meds preceded application to ASPC.
Now they've changed the rules and the location has changed for delivery of meds ... we're still trying to get the CO to look for them at ASPC ... as he says they aren't there ... but we now have proof from auspost that they were delivered .... The CO's solution? Stop answering emails ! Sooo it's a redoing of the meds ... ho bloody hum !

AngnPaul Aug 22nd 2004 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by vicky o
Let me know how you get on with auspost.

Vicky

Hi Vicky, notice that you are going to Perth. Where abouts? We are also going to Perth. Paul has a job at Fremantle hospital so we are thinking about Rockingham at the moment. We will decide proper once we get there and can look around. Still waiting for our visa though :(

Angie :)

neil&momo Aug 23rd 2004 10:34 am

Originally Posted by AngnPaul
Hi Vicky, notice that you are going to Perth. Where abouts? We are also going to Perth. Paul has a job at Fremantle hospital so we are thinking about Rockingham at the moment. We will decide proper once we get there and can look around. Still waiting for our visa though :(

Angie :)

Hi Angie and Paul,
just read you are going to Perth, we want to go to Perth but we don't think Hubbie can get work as a paramedic. So we are heading to Brisbane we think! Fremantle hospital is great I worked there in 2000 for 3 months on various wards and departments for an agency. I loved the place. Loads of british expats work there. They are so friendly in Freo. Have you been before? Just thought I'd let you know how great it is.
Good Luck Marie :)