Where have all the oldies gone?

Old Apr 20th 2007, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

Ches will become famous soon enoughChes will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Where have all the oldies gone?

Originally Posted by somedogsdo
Hi Ange,
Just caught your post. Haven't been on since we got here in September, its been a crazy 3 months. Not had any time to write, but have been poppin in every now and again to catch up and see whats going on.

We are in Ocean Reef, and really lovin it.

Work, well where do i start. Got the job at ED in Joondalup and spent a whole day there!!!

Next got a job in Health Direct ( equiv to NHS Direct) took the job as they were advertising work at home and have been doing that ever since. Was set up with home pc which links into there computer network and i take calls from the office. working 38 hours a fortnight, with a few extra if i can.

I also got a job as a PN at the drs surg next to my daughters school, but decided not to start. My initial plan was to do both and keep my clinical skills up whilst working on the phones, but i think it would have been too much to take on and try and run a family and enjoy Australia. So have now settled with just the one job!!!

Haven't been to many places yet, haven't had the time. Have done most of the kiddie places.But we are going to go inland and have a look round next week and try to get round Mandurah to have a look there. We are so far really happy to be here, no problems at all. My OH has started work for St Johns Ambulance as a paramedic, daughter is loving school, but is getting restless having been oh holidays for the last 4 weeks, and son is really happy 3 days at nursery.

So all in all a very hectic 3 months and Xmas thrown in. Spent the day at the house and had sushi and barbie!! very surreal, but I'm sure we will have no problems adjusting

It is difficult tying to get time to post but now things are settling down i should be able to log on more often.

Good to hear your ok

Paula xx

Hi Paula

I just saw this post when i searched 'Perth Paramedics'.My husband (UK registered Paramedic) and I (ED nurse practitioner) are looking to move to Perth and have many questions. Just wondering if i could ask you some please?

We are having problems finding out info re the skills Paramedics are able to attend in Perth/how much they earn and if it is a service that is worth working for. I am fairly flexible as far as work goes as we have plans for kids soon.

Also we are worried that moving from the UK that Perth will be too quite for us. How do you like it there?

Thanks very much

J
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Was just browsing the site and thought I'd drag this thread up again!!
How is everyone?
I'd love an update.
Welcome to all the newbies: good luck with all your plans, and do feel free to ask advice. I'm not very good at getting on here very often these days...so catch me now!!!
Claire.x
Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbo2
Was just browsing the site and thought I'd drag this thread up again!!
How is everyone?
I'd love an update.
Welcome to all the newbies: good luck with all your plans, and do feel free to ask advice. I'm not very good at getting on here very often these days...so catch me now!!!
Claire.x

hey claire,

how are you and life? hope you are well.
how long have you been over here now?
were all fine up north, were just getting ready to go back to uk for 3wks, should be good, cant wait to see the family and friends.
lovely to see you here again,

take care

luv

Trish
xx
Old Jun 26th 2007, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Hi Trish,
We've been here 19 months now and just about to move (next week) into our new house which we have had built!!!
Work is going well for me, and hubby continues to enjoy his job. Girls are settled etc.
We're also off to UK, in Sept for 3 weeks, to catch up with folks. Then life really begins here...it's been very busy(although great!) since we arrived and I'm looking forward to feeling much more settled in our own home.
Glad life is treating you well Trish....are you in touch with anyone else?
Claire. x
Old Jun 26th 2007, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

hi claire,

weve been here 20mths, not much more than you!
yep, i know what you mean, really busy time, just settling in, helping other expats settle in etc too, so although its all been nice its also been hectic.
will be nice to get back and then get settled, its all been about saving for uk trip this year!!
were loving it here in townsville, feels like home and we wouldnt want to be anywhere else. sounds like you are settled too.
we keep in touch regularly with Bix and da boss, wayne and kerrie and a few newbies. Most have gone on to establish their lives and weve lost touch abit.
Its lovely to hear from you though, and im so chuffed life is going well for you.
funny that we are both back to the uk this year!
take care claire

Trish
xx
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:21 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if I am classed as an oldie and in betweenie or a newbie?
We are hoping to go to Perth in August. Visa's all done now just the packing and arranging left to do. Had a job offer at RPH and at Freo then went mad and turned them both down due to not having a car or being able to afford one when we get there. In the process of applying for a job at Rockingham and Kiwana hospitals.
Not on here as much as I used to be for obvious reasons.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:28 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzzieNurse
Not sure if I am classed as an oldie and in betweenie or a newbie?
We are hoping to go to Perth in August. Visa's all done now just the packing and arranging left to do. Had a job offer at RPH and at Freo then went mad and turned them both down due to not having a car or being able to afford one when we get there. In the process of applying for a job at Rockingham and Kiwana hospitals.
Not on here as much as I used to be for obvious reasons.
Thought you had decided to go to Tassie ON ?

I have a job at RPH
Old Jun 26th 2007, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm here. We left sunny Sunderland last June - been in Wellington 1 year yesterday. I was a community substance misuse nurse in UK (RN), over here D & A comes under mental health, so I can't practice in what I'm good at, unless I do mental health training.
Life in NZ is good - apart from the money earned. We, me, hubby & 20 yr old son, have all settled well. Have a better famiy life, in fact the biggie is that I now have a life.
Work - I seem to be struggling to find my niche. Worked at Wellly hospital for initially, I hated it there, so just stayed 3 months to validate PR. Got a job a a Practice nurse in a lovely but very poor community, I like my colleagues & my job, but am starting to feel unsettled in work again. Management in NZ seem quite unprofessional & lacking in people skills, havng no idea of how to retain staff, and have the ideas that cos they have a label as team leader, they must know everything and be right.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:11 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boopy
I'm here. We left sunny Sunderland last June - been in Wellington 1 year yesterday. I was a community substance misuse nurse in UK (RN), over here D & A comes under mental health, so I can't practice in what I'm good at, unless I do mental health training.
Life in NZ is good - apart from the money earned. We, me, hubby & 20 yr old son, have all settled well. Have a better famiy life, in fact the biggie is that I now have a life.
Work - I seem to be struggling to find my niche. Worked at Wellly hospital for initially, I hated it there, so just stayed 3 months to validate PR. Got a job a a Practice nurse in a lovely but very poor community, I like my colleagues & my job, but am starting to feel unsettled in work again. Management in NZ seem quite unprofessional & lacking in people skills, havng no idea of how to retain staff, and have the ideas that cos they have a label as team leader, they must know everything and be right.
You should have come to Aus you can practice as a Mental Health nurse without mental health training, you just get a slight pay increase if you do have it. If you ever fancy swopping they frequently advertise community substance misuse and associated positions. How long till you get citizenship in NZ then you can swop countries to the sunny side if you wanted?
Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
You should have come to Aus you can practice as a Mental Health nurse without mental health training, you just get a slight pay increase if you do have it. If you ever fancy swopping they frequently advertise community substance misuse and associated positions. How long till you get citizenship in NZ then you can swop countries to the sunny side if you wanted?
It'll take 5 yrs for NZ citizenship - another 4 to go. I'm sure there's an age limit to come over and work in OZ, I'm 49yrs old now.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:27 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boopy
It'll take 5 yrs for NZ citizenship - another 4 to go. I'm sure there's an age limit to come over and work in OZ, I'm 49yrs old now.
45 for a PR unless you had something they needed desperately.

Think you would have to be sponsored possibly otherwise but I'm not a guru on NZ to Aus changes.

We had to be here 2 yrs so only 4 mths to go.

But if you are reasonable happy where you are it probably just a case of grass is greener on the other side (or not depending on the drought and if we've had rain).
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by annqldau
45 for a PR unless you had something they needed desperately.

Think you would have to be sponsored possibly otherwise but I'm not a guru on NZ to Aus changes.

We had to be here 2 yrs so only 4 mths to go.

But if you are reasonable happy where you are it probably just a case of grass is greener on the other side (or not depending on the drought and if we've had rain).

I love life in NZ, just struggling with management I suppose & their ideas. To be honest I don't really think I want to go back down the smackhead route. I left UK for an easier life, so I'm best off keeping away. But would love to visit OZ for a hol.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jimtrish
hi claire,

weve been here 20mths, not much more than you!
yep, i know what you mean, really busy time, just settling in, helping other expats settle in etc too, so although its all been nice its also been hectic.
will be nice to get back and then get settled, its all been about saving for uk trip this year!!
were loving it here in townsville, feels like home and we wouldnt want to be anywhere else. sounds like you are settled too.
we keep in touch regularly with Bix and da boss, wayne and kerrie and a few newbies. Most have gone on to establish their lives and weve lost touch abit.
Its lovely to hear from you though, and im so chuffed life is going well for you.
funny that we are both back to the uk this year!
take care claire

Trish
xx

Thanks Trish: you take care too and have a great trip!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Am I an oldie??
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paulb
Am I an oldie??
Yes darling you are!!!
How's things?
How's the house build going? We move into ours next week!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.