Where have all the oldies gone?

Old Feb 2nd 2007, 7:39 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where have all the oldies gone?

Originally Posted by jimtrish
hey grayling, good to hear from a fellow oldie
were all settled in townsville, been here 15mths and love it, hi to everyone else, love to hear from you and catch up.
we should have a golden oldies reunion!!

Trish
xx
Ey up Trish.

Nice to hear from you and glad things are going well.....doesn't time fly?

I have now retired but have kept my registration going in case I change my mind.

A few other 'oldies' are around but a lot seem to have moved on.

Best wishes

G xx
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Ey up Trish.

Nice to hear from you and glad things are going well.....doesn't time fly?

I have now retired but have kept my registration going in case I change my mind.

A few other 'oldies' are around but a lot seem to have moved on.

Best wishes

G xx

hello me little chooky egg

glad to hear youve kept your registration, you never know, you may decide to go for it.
dont hear from many of them any more, obviously bix and da boss and ann in brissie, and tonyk but not many more.
when you coming out to see us all then?

take care hunny

Trish
xx
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:16 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

hello me little chooky egg

glad to hear youve kept your registration, you never know, you may decide to go for it.
dont hear from many of them any more, obviously bix and da boss and ann in brissie, and tonyk but not many more.
when you coming out to see us all then?

take care hunny

Trish
xx
See on Sky News Aus rain in North has eased apart from around Townsville, where there have been heavy falls of up to 200 millimetres overnight.

Hope you had your sand bags out Trish.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
See on Sky News Aus rain in North has eased apart from around Townsville, where there have been heavy falls of up to 200 millimetres overnight.

Hope you had your sand bags out Trish.

you need it round here...
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 9:56 am

you need it round here...
Not in those quantities taking it a touch too far.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Just bumping this thread up with my update. Nice to read that others who were with us during the visa process are doing ok.

We moved to Melbourne, well Mornington on the peninsula to be precise last March. We took our time to decide where we actually wanted to love and have bought a block at Mount Martha and start building once the permits are done. Hopefully in for Xmas, but we shall see. Then you can all come and visit (gulp)!!

I was fortunate (or highly skilled and knowledgeable) to get a team managers post within the community mental health team that I work, so things going good in that respect. Out of work, I play football (soccer) train a couple of times a week...on the beach sometimes, play 5 a side, and looking to play beach football and cricket. Have made some great friends at work and other expats as well as some Aussies. The Mrs has it cushy to, no work only 2 kids to look after Oldest started school today, youngest in Kinder 3 half days per week. The kids love it, we try to spend time on the beach when possible, and the beaches and sea are really good here.

So generally, things arent too bad, but still some way to go I guess. Its only been a year and a bit in Oz, and we do miss friends and family at home...see I still call it home

Great to hear from others...anyone coming to this area please get in touch.

Paulb and family
Old Feb 5th 2007, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by paulb
I was fortunate (or highly skilled and knowledgeable) to get a team managers post within the community mental health team that I work, so things going good in that respect.
Paulb and family
Admit it you slept with the boss... .

Sounds like all is going well and other half is having far too cushy a life you will have to send her off to work like the rest of us.

G & J still hate the beach so we tend to stick to underwater or Mountains or lakes most of the time. Have canoed 4 miles down local river and now have sight's set on noosa everglades.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

My boss is a bloke, and I am 100% hetrosexual!!!!

Not that I would have slept with my boss if she were female you understand
Old Feb 6th 2007, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Just bumping this thread up with my update. Nice to read that others who were with us during the visa process are doing ok.

We moved to Melbourne, well Mornington on the peninsula to be precise last March. We took our time to decide where we actually wanted to love and have bought a block at Mount Martha and start building once the permits are done. Hopefully in for Xmas, but we shall see. Then you can all come and visit (gulp)!!

I was fortunate (or highly skilled and knowledgeable) to get a team managers post within the community mental health team that I work, so things going good in that respect. Out of work, I play football (soccer) train a couple of times a week...on the beach sometimes, play 5 a side, and looking to play beach football and cricket. Have made some great friends at work and other expats as well as some Aussies. The Mrs has it cushy to, no work only 2 kids to look after Oldest started school today, youngest in Kinder 3 half days per week. The kids love it, we try to spend time on the beach when possible, and the beaches and sea are really good here.

So generally, things arent too bad, but still some way to go I guess. Its only been a year and a bit in Oz, and we do miss friends and family at home...see I still call it home

Great to hear from others...anyone coming to this area please get in touch.

Paulb and family

hi paul

good to hear the news about your boss
lovely to hear you are doing so well after your move.
were still loving life in townsville, bit flooded at the moment, but its still lovely.
still working on scbu and loving it.
jim is is fully fledged truckie and loves his job, after a few crappy ones.
kids are well settled and think of this as home, infact the kids dont really want us to go back for our visit in july as they dont want to miss school!!!
anyway, take care of yourself

Trish
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:33 am

That's not what your missus told us, referring to the bloke boss of course... .

Last edited by annqldau; Feb 6th 2007 at 7:40 am.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:36 am

Polly say's more trouble possible moving your way...http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424239

It's a good job you made that pack, does Jim's shiny truck
fit under the house though?

hi paul

good to hear the news about your boss
lovely to hear you are doing so well after your move.
were still loving life in townsville, bit flooded at the moment, but its still lovely.
still working on scbu and loving it.
jim is is fully fledged truckie and loves his job, after a few crappy ones.
kids are well settled and think of this as home, infact the kids dont really want us to go back for our visit in july as they dont want to miss school!!!
anyway, take care of yourself

Trish
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Polly say's more trouble possible moving your way...http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424239

It's a good job you made that pack, does Jim's shiny truck
fit under the house though?
yeh, ive been keeping a close eye on the weather, and the low that is sitting out on the coast near cairns
may be over for tea next week!!
jim leaves his truck at work.....incase it gets scratched
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:47 am

yeh, ive been keeping a close eye on the weather, and the low that is sitting out on the coast near cairns
may be over for tea next week!!
jim leaves his truck at work.....incase it gets scratched
Offer stands of coffee and bed and get Pollyanna to PM you if it ever gets bad with the latest warnings.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Offer stands of coffee and bed and get Pollyanna to PM you if it ever gets bad with the latest warnings.

thanks ann, really appreciate that. we pretty much keep up to date with bom.gov site, so should be ok.
chat to you soon
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:27 am

thanks ann, really appreciate that. we pretty much keep up to date with bom.gov site, so should be ok.
chat to you soon
Don't let this weather wear you down think of the sun inbetween and at least here it dumps all the rain over 1 week not 10 mths.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.