Where have all the oldies gone?

Old Aug 11th 2007, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where have all the oldies gone?

Originally Posted by Robbo2
Ann, if it's any consolation, it was cold!!!
How are you guys anyway?
We've averaged on temps of 14 - 16c in Wellington - beats the UK winters. Where about in NZ did you visit. Christchurch got up to 22c yesterday.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Boopy
We've averaged on temps of 14 - 16c in Wellington - beats the UK winters. Where about in NZ did you visit. Christchurch got up to 22c yesterday.
ok, so maybe it's not as cold as the UK, but I was waking to frosts every morning whilst in Christchurch and I haven't seen one of them since I left the UK almost 2 years ago, so it was cold by my standards!!
I loved all the places we went to: Auckland, Rotorua, (although a bit smelly!)Nelson and Hanmer. Didn't get any further South than Christchurch as had to come home.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 9:42 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to go to New Zealand sometime
Old Aug 11th 2007, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Im there now....its pi**ing down
Old Aug 11th 2007, 9:42 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulb
Is that not what you expect from NZ bit like living in Tasmania?

Is it fun though?
Old Aug 12th 2007, 6:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Hello
Where in NZ are you? Long way from Stanley and Ch -Le St !!!

Gill
Old Aug 13th 2007, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Back in Mornington now. Had a great time. Stayed with friends in Pukekohe for 3 nights, kids were all happy together. Then went off to Rotorua for 3 nights. Great fun. Spent a day up some big hill playing on the Luge (go karts)....what a laugh!! Did a lot of messing around in swimming pools with the kids. It does smell a bit....all those hot springs and sulphur. The Mrs said the smell reminded her of something....cant think what she means
Went to Lake Taupo for a day and returned via Mt Manganui (sp) and Tauranga (sp) on the Bay of Plenty which were beautiful, as was so much of the countryside.

All in all a good time was had. We met friends from our home town in England who were on a reccy, so plenty of ale and wine was downed

Back to work now !!
Old Aug 13th 2007, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Hello
Where in NZ are you? Long way from Stanley and Ch -Le St !!!

Gill

Gill

Just noticed you live in Rotorua....bugger!

We could have all met up for a beer....didnt realise.

We liked the place...well worth the visit...stayed at the Sudima Hotel next to the lake and near the Polynesian baths. $100 a night for a family room...kids eat free at brekky too...bargain
Old Aug 13th 2007, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Gill

Just noticed you live in Rotorua....bugger!

We could have all met up for a beer....didnt realise.

We liked the place...well worth the visit...stayed at the Sudima Hotel next to the lake and near the Polynesian baths. $100 a night for a family room...kids eat free at brekky too...bargain
Hello
Yes, been in Rotorua for just over 4 years. We have annual passes for the luge, so it's a frequent afternoon out for us.
Glad you enjoyed the place. We live over on the west side so don't have any smell. As it is the smell is only "piped" in for the likes of you visitors

Gill
Old Aug 13th 2007, 7:38 am

Back in Mornington now. Had a great time. Stayed with friends in Pukekohe for 3 nights, kids were all happy together. Then went off to Rotorua for 3 nights. Great fun. Spent a day up some big hill playing on the Luge (go karts)....what a laugh!! Did a lot of messing around in swimming pools with the kids. It does smell a bit....all those hot springs and sulphur. The Mrs said the smell reminded her of something....cant think what she means
Went to Lake Taupo for a day and returned via Mt Manganui (sp) and Tauranga (sp) on the Bay of Plenty which were beautiful, as was so much of the countryside.

All in all a good time was had. We met friends from our home town in England who were on a reccy, so plenty of ale and wine was downed

Back to work now !!
Sounds good, think QLD must have those sulphur springs as well!!!
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:01 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

i could do with a good holiday to clear my head ... ooops, forgot just had one!

well, since my last post our visa journey has gone t##s up yet again!!!!
with the changes coming in on 1st sept, my oh has to sit an ielts test to get the 25 points we need to pass the points test. unfortunately hes not the academic type and doesnt feel confident he would pass it so its back to square one.

we are debating going on a temp visa with me getting a job through an agency so we can be out there next summer then applying for pr once i satisfy the specific work exp rule so, im starting back at work as near to full time as i can, and it looks like it will be another year before we can apply now seeing as i havent been working regularly for the last couple of years

jeeeez, if we ever get a visa it will be a bluddy miracle!!

sue x
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
i could do with a good holiday to clear my head ... ooops, forgot just had one!

well, since my last post our visa journey has gone t##s up yet again!!!!
with the changes coming in on 1st sept, my oh has to sit an ielts test to get the 25 points we need to pass the points test. unfortunately hes not the academic type and doesnt feel confident he would pass it so its back to square one.

we are debating going on a temp visa with me getting a job through an agency so we can be out there next summer then applying for pr once i satisfy the specific work exp rule so, im starting back at work as near to full time as i can, and it looks like it will be another year before we can apply now seeing as i havent been working regularly for the last couple of years

jeeeez, if we ever get a visa it will be a bluddy miracle!!

sue x
You should get extra points for perseverance if nothing else...good luck.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

txmogga is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
Here is my update:
Feb 05: phone interview (Australia-Texas)
July 05: moved on 457 visa
Aug 05: started work
July 06: became permanent resident
Feb 07: bought a house
Have been at my job 2 years now and happy there. Once all the immigration drama was sorted, the other biggest challenge was getting used to right hand drive car. Driving "on the other side" isn't that hard but the inside of the car is reversed for me. I have finally stopped turning on the wipers to indicate! Settled into my house nicely and quite chuffed I am only 1km from the water. All is good!
txmogga
Old Sep 15th 2007, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by txmogga
Hi everyone,
Here is my update:
Feb 05: phone interview (Australia-Texas)
July 05: moved on 457 visa
Aug 05: started work
July 06: became permanent resident
Feb 07: bought a house
Have been at my job 2 years now and happy there. Once all the immigration drama was sorted, the other biggest challenge was getting used to right hand drive car. Driving "on the other side" isn't that hard but the inside of the car is reversed for me. I have finally stopped turning on the wipers to indicate! Settled into my house nicely and quite chuffed I am only 1km from the water. All is good!
txmogga

I still do the wipers thing 2 years later so there's no hope on that subject.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by annqldau
I still do the wipers thing 2 years later so there's no hope on that subject.
And it gets worse.........if like me, you drive two cars: one being manual and one an automatic!!! I'll leave the rest to your imagination!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.