what and by who

Old Jun 19th 2012, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

JENNYMG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what and by who

Hi
sorry if this has been asked before
but can some one please advise me on what documents exactly do i need to have countersigned for my registration forms to aphra in australia?

and so who, is a solicitor ok or do i need a notary public? there are not too many here in northern ireland! i called one today and they said £20 a document is this normal?

thank you for all your help
Old Jun 20th 2012, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

GilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: what and by who

Originally Posted by JENNYMG
Hi
sorry if this has been asked before
but can some one please advise me on what documents exactly do i need to have countersigned for my registration forms to aphra in australia?

and so who, is a solicitor ok or do i need a notary public? there are not too many here in northern ireland! i called one today and they said £20 a document is this normal?

thank you for all your help
Hi Jenny, if you are in Northern Ireland a Justice of the Peace should do it for free. I rang the court service 02890328594 and they gave me the names of 2 JPs near where I live. The one I went to was a darling, she even made me coffee while we did the forms. I printed out the aphra requirements for certification and she followed it to the letter.

You need to ask the NMC to sent the statement of good standing to APHRA = £34.
You need to the Uni or nursing college to send an academic/syllabus transcript of your nursing course, they are well used to this. UUJ charges £60, not sure about QUB.
Statement of Service from your current nursing manager stating your roles, hours and whether full-time/part-time and if you are a good nurse etc. This is for up to 5 years and is signed by the manager, APHRA want it to be a nurse if possible.
APHRA CV - check out their website for the format as it is different to any other CV I've seen before. This must be signed by you and a signature witnessed and certified by the JP (can be any one of your signatures, CV or application form) Don't forget to include payment.
You need to send certified copies of
  • certificates of any nursing course or degree
  • id documents like passport, marriage cert, birth cert, drivers licence, bank statement, mortgage papers etc
  • training and development/CPD/trust training form from intranet?

If possible sending your application to a smaller office like Adelaide or Darwin, unless you have a job offer etc, seems to be quickest. Mine came through in 5 weeks at Darwin though some who sent theirs to Adelaide were completed in 16 days including posting from the UK.

Use Airsure as you can track online to delivery for 35p more than international signed for which you can only track until it leaves the UK.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

JENNYMG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GilraenH
Hi Jenny, if you are in Northern Ireland a Justice of the Peace should do it for free. I rang the court service 02890328594 and they gave me the names of 2 JPs near where I live. The one I went to was a darling, she even made me coffee while we did the forms. I printed out the aphra requirements for certification and she followed it to the letter.

You need to ask the NMC to sent the statement of good standing to APHRA = £34.
You need to the Uni or nursing college to send an academic/syllabus transcript of your nursing course, they are well used to this. UUJ charges £60, not sure about QUB.
Statement of Service from your current nursing manager stating your roles, hours and whether full-time/part-time and if you are a good nurse etc. This is for up to 5 years and is signed by the manager, APHRA want it to be a nurse if possible.
APHRA CV - check out their website for the format as it is different to any other CV I've seen before. This must be signed by you and a signature witnessed and certified by the JP (can be any one of your signatures, CV or application form) Don't forget to include payment.
You need to send certified copies of
  • certificates of any nursing course or degree
  • id documents like passport, marriage cert, birth cert, drivers licence, bank statement, mortgage papers etc
  • training and development/CPD/trust training form from intranet?

If possible sending your application to a smaller office like Adelaide or Darwin, unless you have a job offer etc, seems to be quickest. Mine came through in 5 weeks at Darwin though some who sent theirs to Adelaide were completed in 16 days including posting from the UK.

Use Airsure as you can track online to delivery for 35p more than international signed for which you can only track until it leaves the UK.
thanks so much for this its very helpful. do i get the transcript sent to me or directly to aphra?

by the way were abouts are you, we're in limavady
thanks
jennifer
Old Jun 20th 2012, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

GilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by JENNYMG
thanks so much for this its very helpful. do i get the transcript sent to me or directly to aphra?

by the way were abouts are you, we're in limavady
thanks
jennifer
Hi Jennifer! Uni sends it directly to APHRA, it can take a few weeks to arrange so ask them in advance and they can send it on for you.

I'm in County Down. When do you go? Are you going for 175/176 (independent) visa? with skills assessment etc?
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 12:53 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ladies may i advise you to keep up yer NMC reg while yer in OZ(i know it costs) unless yer sure yer never coming back,i let mine lapse when i was in oz and it was a bloody nightmare getting re-registered with the NMC when i came back.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Shenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant future
Smile Re: what and by who

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Ladies may i advise you to keep up yer NMC reg while yer in OZ(i know it costs) unless yer sure yer never coming back,i let mine lapse when i was in oz and it was a bloody nightmare getting re-registered with the NMC when i came back.
Thanks for the advice BB ........ not sure if I will want to come back to the UK but will keep registration paid up anyways
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Will do, thank you. I object to the huge hike in NMC fees though!!
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 4:59 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GilraenH
Will do, thank you. I object to the huge hike in NMC fees though!!
Yeah i wasn't happy about that either nor was i planning on coming back but hey ho,def wont let my reg lapse again when i go back to oz next year.I'm also glad i kept up my oz reg as it was transfered straight to APHRA,happy days.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 5:01 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by Shenni
Thanks for the advice BB ........ not sure if I will want to come back to the UK but will keep registration paid up anyways
No def worth doing until yer sure,i was out of work for 3 months when i got back,had load's of work lined up but not registered