What a rip off

Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default What a rip off

Mrs geordiebloke is just starting the process of registering with
the nursing board in Western Australia.
Now, obviously they require proof of qualification, training records etc. but
why should this be so expensive?
Basically, the university where she trained is charging £100 for sending a
print off of her training and when she qualified. The NMC, who already charge
nurses for who knows what, are charging £34 for verification of initial and
current registration.
Appreciate that there are cost implications with these things, but it seems that is just another money making opportunity for the powers that be

Steve
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

Squeezy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What a rip off

Here in France for many things you have to provide an official translation of your birth certificate, but every time this is required it must be translated and officially stamped within 6 months, and at around 70€ a time can be expensive. This is because French birth certificates are not just one piece of paper and are updated for marriage, divorce, children etc.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

DavidandAlex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
Mrs geordiebloke is just starting the process of registering with
the nursing board in Western Australia.
Now, obviously they require proof of qualification, training records etc. but
why should this be so expensive?
Basically, the university where she trained is charging £100 for sending a
print off of her training and when she qualified. The NMC, who already charge
nurses for who knows what, are charging £34 for verification of initial and
current registration.
Appreciate that there are cost implications with these things, but it seems that is just another money making opportunity for the powers that be

Steve
I know what you mean. We're both nurses and have also just sent our applications to the NMBWA - twice the cost for us! Does your wife not have her own copy of her training transcript that she could photocopy (that's what we've done) - that would save a few quid? Whereabouts in Western Australia and when are you planning to go? We're hoping to get to Perth - not sure where exactly yet - by Jan 2009. Good luck!

Alex
Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DavidandAlex
I know what you mean. We're both nurses and have also just sent our applications to the NMBWA - twice the cost for us! Does your wife not have her own copy of her training transcript that she could photocopy (that's what we've done) - that would save a few quid? Whereabouts in Western Australia and when are you planning to go? We're hoping to get to Perth - not sure where exactly yet - by Jan 2009. Good luck!

Alex
Hi Alex

Well, that's the thing, apparently the training transcript has to be sent direct
from the university talk about hands being tied
Anyway, we're hoping to be over in Perth at the back end of the summer
or early autumn.

Steve
Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

hopeful_expats will become famous soon enough

i have just paid uclan for an international transcript (£50)

r u sure the transcript has to be sent direct from the uni? I haven't read that
Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

DavidandAlex is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Alex

Well, that's the thing, apparently the training transcript has to be sent direct
or early autumn.

Steve
Hi Steve,

I've just checked the application form and on the third page on the document checklist bit it says:

4. Evidence of Nursing and/or Midwifery Education ie. Transcript of training
[If you do not have your transcript, a copy of your syllabus from the nurse/midwife regulatory authority forwarded directly to the Board will be accepted].

We read this to mean that only if you don't have your transcript then it has to be sent direct by the University. Hope we've got that right, as we've already sent ours!

Anyway sorry to go on but I hate to think of you having to pay out £100 unecessarily! Good luck

Alex
Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

Over and above ambiguous language in the literature that you refer to it is actually common practise for Universities NOT to send transcripts to the individual who studied for the degree.
Why?...I have no idea.
Mine was the same...but the lass at academic records suggested she could post it to my migration agent as a third party and he did the photocopying for me...I now have the original which my alumni mater say I shouldnt....weird aint it!
Still cost me £40 though!
HKA
x
Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

UCLAN had no problem giving me my international one. The head lecturer said they do it all the time. I will have to wait until June before I get the bog standard one because I have only just done my m/w training.
I will have to ask the NMC for a copy of my nursing syllabus cause I qualified so long ago. It is my understanding that it is this that NMBWA won't accept from yourselves.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

bigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nice

I had trouble getting my transcript from my University,so rang the NMC for advice. They had kept copies of it and sent it off for me to NBV. Worth giving that a try?
(That was over 4 years ago now tho)
Old Apr 26th 2008, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

cathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by hopeful_expats
UCLAN had no problem giving me my international one. The head lecturer said they do it all the time. I will have to wait until June before I get the bog standard one because I have only just done my m/w training.
I will have to ask the NMC for a copy of my nursing syllabus cause I qualified so long ago. It is my understanding that it is this that NMBWA won't accept from yourselves.

How long ago did you train? I had to do an affadavit with a solicitor which was easy and not to expensive. My SON has long since dissappeared!

Cathy (working at LGH Launcestion Tas and LOVING it!)
Old Apr 26th 2008, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

I qualified in Jan 1995

I went to the preston School of nursing which has also disapeared. I never got a transcript in the first place so will have to request the NMC send it with my verification stuff
Old Apr 28th 2008, 9:59 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Alex

or early autumn.

Steve
I'm not sure thats exactly true Steve, I sent my training transcripts directly myself. think the Uni are ripping you off for £100 Its only the verification of training that gets sent from the NMC directly to ANMC or the nursing boards in Oz.

Jackie
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

debbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to behold

hi
i paid £50 for my transcripts and sent them off myself
complete b**ll ache getting them and took 3months ..

as far as i am aware it is only your verification from the NMC that has to be sent direct

good luck

debbie
Old Apr 28th 2008, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DavidandAlex
Hi Steve,

I've just checked the application form and on the third page on the document checklist bit it says:

4. Evidence of Nursing and/or Midwifery Education ie. Transcript of training
[If you do not have your transcript, a copy of your syllabus from the nurse/midwife regulatory authority forwarded directly to the Board will be accepted].

We read this to mean that only if you don't have your transcript then it has to be sent direct by the University. Hope we've got that right, as we've already sent ours!

Anyway sorry to go on but I hate to think of you having to pay out £100 unecessarily! Good luck

Alex
Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
I'm not sure thats exactly true Steve, I sent my training transcripts directly myself. think the Uni are ripping you off for £100 Its only the verification of training that gets sent from the NMC directly to ANMC or the nursing boards in Oz.

Jackie
Originally Posted by debbieuk
hi
i paid £50 for my transcripts and sent them off myself
complete b**ll ache getting them and took 3months ..

as far as i am aware it is only your verification from the NMC that has to be sent direct

good luck

debbie
Thanks for the advice.

I think we'll have to seek clarification direct from the nursing board
in WA. It does seem that the transcripts have to be sent direct from the
uni, if you haven't got the original copy (which she doesn't) but I can't
see why this would be the case
Anyway, like I said earlier, the real annoyance is that the university want to
charge £100 in the first place. I mean surely it's just a case of printing a copy off their computer and forwarding it on, £30 max imo
Steve
Old Apr 28th 2008, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to behold

hi again

when i applied for mine last year that was my 'original copy' as i hadnt had it before..i had an academic transcript with all my pass marks but that is not what was wanted..............confused you will be

also i was told (by uni) that thai time last year this cost £10 but because so many nurses/ midwives we leaving they all jumped on the cash cow

good luck

debbie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.