British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/)
-   -   Wagga wagga or Orange? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/wagga-wagga-orange-650942/)

zakuro Jan 24th 2010 4:00 am

Wagga wagga or Orange?

I posted a thread about Orange weeks ago, but got another job offer from Wagga wagga. I guess I need more info about both places before I make a decision. They seem to have similar population, weather, lifestyle?, and take about the same time to the metro area. If I need to travel pretty often to Sydney, prefer a place with better scenery and energetic lifestyle, which one should I choose? I heard that wagga is the biggest inner city in NSW, but strangely I found much less rental info online for this area than for Orange...

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!

tiredwithtwins Jan 24th 2010 7:35 pm

Re: Wagga wagga or Orange?

Originally Posted by zakuro (Post 8276718)
I posted a thread about Orange weeks ago, but got another job offer from Wagga wagga. I guess I need more info about both places before I make a decision. They seem to have similar population, weather, lifestyle?, and take about the same time to the metro area. If I need to travel pretty often to Sydney, prefer a place with better scenery and energetic lifestyle, which one should I choose? I heard that wagga is the biggest inner city in NSW, but strangely I found much less rental info online for this area than for Orange...

you might get more replies if you post this in the main aus forum or the barbie ... good luck with whatever you decide :thumbup:

CPW Feb 3rd 2010 8:42 pm

Re: Wagga wagga or Orange?

Originally Posted by zakuro (Post 8276718)

I've never lived in either, and I'd put them both at the top of the tree as far as inland regional centres in NSW are concerned.

Personally, I'd prefer to live in Orange because the climate would be more to my liking: Orange is not as hot in the summer. I suppose it gets more cloudy weather, but that wouldn't worry me.

The countryside around Orange is certainly more appealing.

Wagga Wagga is sports-mad; my impression is that life in Orange is more rounded, with an interest in cultural activities and, of course, culinary and oenophilic arts, that is better developed.

I suggest you try and spend a few days in each of them and see what you think?